• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    OOC: Np

Asvald fetched some cheap venison from the bar. When he returned he handed a joint to James.

He ate as though he had gone days without food, savouring every bite. He was like a wolf ravaging a corpse.
    When the meat was gone he threw the bones in the fire and licked his fingers.
    "I feel much better now." He declared, patting his belly full of mead.

Rajhin

The Silent Thief
    J'korr relaxed a bit, and ordered another mead. As he brought the flagon to his mouth, his body lurched. The feeling was familiar and J'korr got up to leave. Dammit....not now! He put his mask back on and walked towards the door. I'm sorry...I gotta go... J'korr couldn't keep it in any longer; the beast inside wanted to get out.

OOC: J'korr is gonna go Werewolf! I'm thinking of taking this to another thread, you guys want to join me?

Peircelus

mc fatige
    occ:why not
    james could tell what was happening and puts the venison in his bag and chases the transforming khajit
    "ive always wanted to see a khajit turn into one of these"

Rajhin

The Silent Thief
    OOC: ok i made a thread

Rajhin

The Silent Thief
    OOC: A cure for a Lycanthrope

mast3rlinkx

A Nord woman threw open the door of The Bannered Mare, Whiterun's best tavern, and walked in. The plates of her armor, which were made of dragon bone, clunked as she walked. It was a dull sound, made by nonmetallic material. She shut the door behind her and looked around, taking note of all the people in the tavern. The Daedric waraxe on her belt emanated an evil red glow, and was her most handy weapon. She'd made it herself, and had discovered that cooling ebony in the blood of a daedra made the metal significantly stronger. A katana, known to most by the name of Dragonbane, was strapped to her back. She didn't use any other weapon when a dragon attacked her. On her left arm was strapped a shield, made of dragon bone like her armor. The armor itself was a testament to her skill. She was a very well known adventurer, who spent a lot of her spare time in Whiterun. She was a close friend of Jarl Baalgruf, as well, having saved Whiterun on several occasions, whether it be from bandits or a dragon. The woman was very intimidating in her heavy armor. She walked to the bar and placed a few gold pieces on the surface, saying, "I'll have a pint of mead." She didn't say anything more, just taking her mead and sitting at a table in the corner, hardly paying attention to the chatter in the room. Her name was Xxaga, and, while she wasn't a Dragonborn, was feared among the enemies of the Empire, for she was in the employ of the Legion. She wasn't interested in a fight here, though. For now, she leaned back in her chair, and drank her mead.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Despite wanting a quiet evening, even though he did not expect it, Ysarth was enthralled by the stupidity of the round-ears in the tavern. The first were the thugs who came searching for a man and were abruptly tricked and made away with some force
    "Have taverns and inns become the new battlegrounds where blood is shed. Are they such fools that a place meant for laughter and gaiety had now become a mound for weapon brandishing and insults filled with inhuman meanings?" he thought to himself. To him, it seemed only a handful of men, such as those whom he fought with in Saarthal, were honourable and respectable.
    He would admit to himself though, that the trick his woodelf cousin played on the thug amused him.
    Ysarth pondered over the fourth apple in his hand, caressing it with such gentleness while listening to the talk of dark magic and the blurting cough of one round-ears who now sat at the counter.
    He eyed him carefully; him and the woman in dragonbone armour that had just entered the room. The weapon upon her back emitted the stench of foul magic similar to that around dremora. Perhaps the weapon was made of or enchanted with daedra blood.
    "Mahkuis" magic, he thought. He remembered the gigantic raw and uncontrolled amount of it that he had witnessed not two days ago and he thought of what might happen should his magic-hungry brothers, the Thalmor, were to obtain it.
    He bit into the apple and the sweet juice that lay within washed away the stench of impure drink and man-sweat.

Billydavwy

Malek looked on in awe at the warrior currently taking up residence in the corner of the room, as intimidating as resplendent in her dragonbone armor. The looks of trepidation from the other patrons of the Inn confirmed to Malek that she was almost certainly well known around these parts.
    Malek had come to Whiterun at a crossroads in his life. The only life he had ever known had been brutally taken away and he'd found himself in Whiterun out of habit more than a desire to be there, more used to the open skies and forest sounds than the hustle and bustle of a city, indeed the sounds of arguments and the occasional brawl he'd seen already this night had made him weary already, no doubt, this place was alien to him.
    But seeing the respectful looks of the tavern towards the corner of the room had struck a chord with the young Brecon, and left an impression upon him.
    "That is what I want" he thought to himself, "an adventurers life for me."

mast3rlinkx

Xxaga had taken notice of the respectful silence that had fallen when she entered, but didn't care much. She'd gotten used to it by now, so it didn't have much of an effect on her. When people first began doing so, she'd been nervous, but soon learned they did it out of respect. However, she felt a person staring at her in a way unlike the respectful looks of the others. She looked and saw an elf looking at her warily. They locked eyes for a moment, then the aging Nord looked away, and noticed a very young Breton looking at her, even after the others returned to their activities. If he came over, she'd tolerate him. Many aspiring young adventurers looked up to her, whether they prefer magic or steel. For the most part, she took no notice, but she occasionally saw potential in a young adventurer, and has let more than a few accompany her to get a taste of adventuring. More often than not, they find out it's not what they thought, and return to their quiet lives. But some continued their adventures. She had a close friend who operated mostly in Riften. A Khajiit by the name of Lai'Quir. She was part of the Thieves' Guild located in the Riften Ratway. Xxaga didn't want anything to do with Thievery and the like, but she's done some services for the Dark Brotherhood, fulfilling a contract or two. Most people didn't know about that side of her, though.

She drained the tankard of mead, and leaned back in the chair, arms crossed in front of her chest. Electricity crackled over the quicksilver blade of Dragonbane, a sound that, if one knew what to listen for, would surely notice. A faint hum, accompanied by the occasional pop of arcing electricity. The blade was ancient, and she found it in the Sky Temple while assisting the Blades with something. It was research into the World Eater or something like that, even though Alduin hadn't been seen for centuries. But when he returned, she hoped for the sake of the world that the Dragonborn would arrive with him.

Billydavwy

Should he approach? What would he say? Malek had never even been in the company of, let alone talk to an adventurer of her ilk before, and virtually everyone else in the tavern was making great pains to pretend not to pay her any attention, except for the Dunmer who hadn't seemed especially surprised at any of tonight's events.

"Adventurers wouldn't be scared" Malek thought to himself, "Adventurers aren't scared of anything." Malek had heard tales of dragon slayers and dungeon raids from his father and had always been fascinated, enthralled even, by them.

Plucking up all the courage he could muster, he took up his flagon of ale and slowly made his way over to the dragonbone clad warrior.

"Hello" ventured Malek nervously, Gods he hoped she wasn't about to chop his legs off, as the incredulous eyes of the other tavern patrons who were now fixed upon him expected she might, "Do you mind if I join you?"

mast3rlinkx

Xxaga looked at the young adventurer for almost a full minute without saying anything. Divines knew what she was thinking, if anything. The young man would likely get unnerved, but she didn't care much. Finally, she gestured to the other seat wordlessly. She'd answer any questions he had, and, if he had as much potential as she initially though, would offer to have him accompany her for a while. Maybe they could go loot a Nordic ruin somewhere. Something easy.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar walked into the inn, his hood pulled up to hide his unnaturally pale features. A few people looked up, but when they noted his robes, they looked away again quickly. He strode further into the room, his robes flapping open enough to reveal the ebony sword that hung on his left hip. He noticed another elf sitting at a table, and sat across from him. "Greetings, brother elf" he said, the scent of the apple the elf had just bitten into wafting to his nose.

Billydavwy

"Thank you" said Malek politely and took the seat the warrior had directed him to.
    "I'm sorry to bother you, " Malek continued," I couldn't help but notice that you're obviously an adventurer of some repute. I was hoping to get into the life myself. I wonder, could I beg of you for some words of wisdom? Like, how did you start in the life yourself, if that's not too bold of me? "

mast3rlinkx

Xxaga leaned back in her chair, silent for quite a while. She was carefully choosing her words. "I'll tell you, yes. I started outside of Tamriel, in the frozen wasteland found north of Skyrim. Such an upbringing explains my... unusual name. I traveled to Tamriel to live a simple life somewhere more hospital than the land of my upbringing. I settled in Riften, working for a fisherman. However, after the Stormcloaks," She spoke the word Stormcloak with intense venom. She obviously hated the Stormcloaks. "Took over, I was abused by the town guard. So I left, and settled here in Whiterun. After a few years, I grew bored. Life was dull, and I was young. I saved up some gold and purchased a blade from Eorlund up at the Skyforge. A Skyforged Steel waraxe. I left Whiterun, and raided the Bleak Falls Barrow that's near Riverwood. It was there that I found a set of iron armor, old, but good. After that, I went on to make a name for myself protecting Whiterun." She paused, thining about what to say next. "As for advice, don't be reckless. Always think about your approach to a battle thoroughly. You'll live longer that way. Also, learn how to use a forge. Even if you use magic, you'll be able to make your own daggers, as well as jewelry to enchant."

Billydavwy

"Ah" breathed Malek thoughtfully. "My father taught me a few things about smithing, how to temper my leather and fold my steel and the like."

Malek took a sip of his ale and continued.
    "So you just set out on your own then? Started raiding some barrows and crypts? Weren't you, you know, scared?" wondered Malek.

I'm not sure I'd fancy running off to one of those places on my own, I've heard there's all sorts of nasties down there, I've heard talk if the dead coming back to life and even dragon priests roaming around, not sure I'd like to tangle with them? I've done my fair share of hunting, I'd link to think that the deer of these wilds would think twice about tangling with me" Malek joked, "but deer hide and bear pelt don't exactly fill my coin purse." Malek took another swig of his ale, maybe I could start somewhere a little, quieter ? A bounty hunt maybe? What do you think?

mast3rlinkx

Xxaga nodded. "What you've heard about the crypts is true. The dead have been cursed to guard the crypts in undeath. These undead are known as Draugr. I've run into one or two Dragon Priests in my travels, but they're very rare." She actually smirked a bit. "I was a bit nervous starting out, but I was smart and started with the easy stuff. It would have been stupid to start out in a Dwemer ruin. Having raided a few, I can say they're very dangerous. Their Centurions could melt the skin right off the bone with their steam weapons. I've seen it happen. It's not pretty." When he talked about starting, she knew she had to show him some of what she did. It would help the boy make his decision. "I could probably let you raid a barrow with me. I've yet to delve into Dustman's Cairn to the northeast of Whiterun."

Billydavwy

"R-really?" Malek sputered, he almost knocked his half full flagon of ale all over the warrior in his excitement.
    "Ah, yes, that would be very kind of you. " He ventured, trying to regain his composure.
    " It would be an honour to learn from a warrior such as yourself. " Malek had to try and keep his composure. It wasn't many would-be adventurers who could say they had their first taste of action with a renowned warrior such as this.