Open The Bannered Mare -- Semi-advanced RP Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    While they talked, Alana had been happily reading the tome. Surely Master is good to me, she thought. Then her grin suddenly dropped. She turned to Jagga.

"Um ... I don't mean to trouble you, dear Master ... but ... what if I don't have enough magika to cast this fantastic spell?"

Wolfie

Kyle's attention alerted, he glanced towards Alana. No, not Alana...the thrall that stole her form. His eyes hardened, yet he remained to listen, taking out his sword and studying it contemplatingly. He had no battle with his feelings for Rena anymore. She is a threat to his future and the futures of innocents, and any more time rotted would embalm into secrets being revealed and strings being pulled taunt.
    He would feel for her death, but not for it's significance. Yet he felt his chances at a new life had been rotten the second he began to question life in High Rock. As a child, he used to dream of a warrior who would vanquish darkness - the warrior, himself, to be. Yet this warrior had decided to retreat in weary confusion..the darkness has many shades and it is sometimes impossible to differentiate from the light.
    The light hitting his sword was as fatal in its beauty as it was gorgeous in it's twisted spaces. And then he divined the name for this sword.
    Farstaal. 'Father Steel'. It ironically fit the twisted metal, a hope in a storm of darkness for Kyle as answers once had been for himself. And now his hope lay in steel forged by blood-companionship. It interwives him with the Companions, his mission, his life to this miserable form...it reminded him that promises are kept in impure blood, and experience is the potion which taints it.
    He repeated the name once, softly under his breath. Weapon names were just as important in the Nordic way as it House names were to Bretons. For surely, if his ancestry were to hide in plain sight from him, then he had to adapt. The name was soft in the air and to it's ears, and the air remained taunt as ever with indifference. This solidity, albeit unshown, heartened his mind.
    He let the feeling rule for a moment before sheathing Farstaal and focusing on awareness of his thoughts, body, and general tensions whatever the expansion.

Agentoringe

Jaggas ear twitched slightly, cutting a sly glance at Kyle he smugly said..."Farstaal?" a chuckle escaped his lips when he heard Kyle, eyeballing his sword like it were some mystical object and not just another weapon made from the same kind of iron and steel making up the bolts and hinges on the rickety wagon they now rode off the hill towards whiterun. Seeing that the comment struck a nerve Jagga raised a hand, "no no, don't mistake my intention, these ears of mine don't miss much, especially from this close, if I could hear your conversations in Jorvaskr over the hustle and bustle of whiterun while sitting on the roof, this..."christening" heh heh wouldn't escape my ears either...it's not that I'm mocking you Kyle...well, not EXACTLY, but I don't see how naming a blade will make this fight any easier, BUT, I suppose of it helps you Steele yourself for what's to come who am I to judge"

"And Alana, you DO have enough mana to cast that spell...and many more like it...I saw your past when I drank from you, the memories of your blood do not lie...your a Mage of greater caliber than you realize, the last feeding wasn't just me drinking, but cycling the blood back through you while adding a bit of mine as well, one of the reasons it took such..."vigorous" application...I can tap into the memories through my blood that's in her system while I fed on her you see, and through that blood awaken the potential she's been hiding...although she may not have known she had it herself. I have a fairly extensive knowledge of the arcane...especially when it comes to history and lineage...and trust me, blood cannot lie."

"My dear, have you heard some of your history back home in the marsh of the "Interregnum"? I'm sure you have but mostly in stories and myth...if I remember correctly, your people believe that Plague that killed everything near around or in black marsh EXCEPT the argonians during that period to be a "blessing" from your, at the time, recently deceased "Living Gods" and a show that they were still with you correct?"

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana's bright face suddenly showed a little shadow of confusion. "Hm ... I don't believe I was alive at the time, Master, but I remember while she was still alive my grandmother would tell stories about it. My parents didn't exactly press such beliefs on me ... but she'd always swear that we were blessed."

With that she stuck her scaly nose back into the tome, trying to memorize what to do. "This ... this spell seems so much more powerful and cruel than what I'm used to, Master ... not that I won't cast it," she said quickly, as if she said something disagreeable.

Wolfie

"Don't all morning birds have claws?" Kyle countered from behind them, having listened and not interrupted until then. "Alana. No offense, but when I met you first, you seemed weak and disorderly, excited for adventure but not used to it. Do you really want to be a regular citizen, or is it the open world that you truly yearn for? Whatever your answer, that spell - whatever it is - is most important to our survival. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. Think it as saving lives...OURS." He looked towards Jagga. "'Farstaal' means 'father streel' in old Nordic. It seems appropriate. Having heard my conversations, do you not already know why irony comes to the forefront of my mind? Sarcasm is a hope in such a ragged province." Or so had been the talk in the merchant stands.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana's jaw dropped as she attempted to digest Kyle's answer. Then she slowly closed her mouth and hung her head, thinking. If I can't stomach the idea of casting such a spell ... then what am I doing here? Do I really belong to a normal, routine life, working in an inn and tavern?

She looked up from the tome at Jagga and Kyle. She still wanted to help Kyle, and being a new Thrall, still wanted to happily serve Jagga 'til she died, but now ... now traveling in search of adventure began not to appeal to her anymore. Of course, Alana still had to help with the current mission at hand, but she made a mental note to settle on the first lot she sees for her inn.

Agentoringe

"Haha I'm aware of what the name means Kyle, that was why it was funny..."

Looking back to Alana, -yes my dear, you DO belong to a normal life...or whatever life you should choose...although this will not last long, I can not only hear your thoughts, but feel your doubt as well...I can help you to awaken your strength if you so choose...but if the life of an innkeeper is more suiting for you, then I will not push the issue...yes, you can hear my unguarded thoughts as well, AND you can also tell my sincerity here, I hate to see someone with potential lose that opportunity, however, if that is their choice...then so be it, it is not for me to decide for you.-

As dusk fell, he slowed the cart to a stop by honningbrew meadery, and then dismounted..."wait here..."

After standing at the door a few seconds, a series of short knocks in no real sequential order echoed through the house...no sounds for a few moments...then the "KA-CHUNK" of a heavy lock on the door being released...the door opened ever so slightly for the tenant to get a glimpse of the visitor..."oh dear...umm...m-m-master Jagga...how n-n-nice to see you..."

"Hello Orvis, this wagon needs to be kept here for now, take the Mer woman inside and treat her w whatever medicine is at your disposal...see if you can wake her, if you do, DO NOT let her leave...she will be in no condition to help and will be more of a nuisance than anything else...restrain her if you must. Hopefully we won't be long...do you see these two?" Motioning to Kyle and Alana on the wagon..."they are welcome here until I say otherwise..."

With a somewhat worried look on his face he struggled the beginning of a question..."b-b-but lady astrid s-said..."

"That is NOT lady astrid!" Jagga snapped "she is an imposter and a disgrace to the brotherhood and will not be allowed to live much longer...I am the only representative from the brotherhood other than Cicero that you are to welcome in do you understand?"

"Yes s-s-sir...I'm truly sorry..."

"We move on foot from here...as soon as Alana is finished reading we move out, gather your strength...they haven't attacked yet...something tells me they're waiting for the right time."

Agentoringe

(You guys can post your responses for when we arrived whenever, I've just got to get this down while I have the time and don't have to look it up again lol)

As he stepped inside, Jagga looked back at Kyle "I've seen how you've been looking at her...but dont worry, OR harden yourself towards her...she's still the same lovely argonian she always has been, just because she's a thrall for now doesn't mean she's not herself...she still makes her own decisions and comes to her own conclusions, it's just now those conclusions tend to favor my direction. BUT if it will set your mind at ease..."

Turning to Alana he looked deep into her eyes..."you can be yourself, there's no need to impress me ok? I don't want to create any unease between you two, us getting along and working together is top priority..."

He turned away again and stepped into the house. Once everyone settled inside...Jagga resumed his story about the Interregnum...

The room was dimly lit, the light from a single flickering candle across the room near where Alana sat was the only light visible...having given careful instruction to obscure the windows in that room from the inside so that no light would be visible outside, and that everyone, if they talk, is to keep it to a whisper at most, we didn't want to take any chances on someone stumbling across us here. After turning a circle in the middle of the room, seemingly studying the walls with intent, a purple hue quickly fades from each hand and he retreats to the corner of the room, almost what you would call relaxed.

Jagga stood in the corner of the room, opposite the candle, so that the faint flicker and his burnt orange eye was all that was visible...as he whispered is seemed the walls itself repeated his words...

Seein that the science of it slightly disturbed the two of them he clarified "Acoustics...this house was designed by the brotherhood so we could communicate with each other without having to talk directly, and at the same time making it so we seem to be everywhere at once in here..."

"Does the name Utadeek Teemeeta sound familiar to you Alana? To you he was "old uncle Uta"... Well, "uncle Uta" was actually your grandfather...he distanced himself from you because he was a Shadowscale...of the old order, given to the Brotherhood because of his birth sign...the same sign YOU share with him. Although that practice has been lost to the ages in the last hundred years, you share that lineage...and his blood. He was with the Brotherhood for about 26 years...then he disappeared. That plague that liberated black marsh during the interregnum was no plague...it was a spell cast by your grandfather...I helped him perform it. Although when I first saw you I had no idea of your relation to him, the blood doesn't lie...that spell was NOT to save the argonians, it was meant to hide the presence of the Brotherhood in black marsh...the fact that it came across as a sign of divinity was...convenient...however...not everyone was blind to the truth. When THEY came for him, that was the last time I saw your grandfather for 50 years...then all of a sudden...he showed back up, would have nothing to do with us, and then died before I could speak with him through the Jel and get the truth..."

The mention of the "Jel" got both of their attentions...although not sure how much Kyle knew about it, he clearly knew the term...Alana however, was uniquely surprised...

<Argonian> Yes, that's right, I've touched the Hist tree...your grandfather taught me how to speak your language...it comes in quite handy when the opportunity arises.>

After the soft hisses and sounds like rocks lightly running together had passed, Jagga resumed in common...

"I only got a chance to see your grandfather after he died...but the blood in his veins told me everything I needed to know...The Psijic order took him because of the magical potential he possessed...and shortly after he left, the Isle of Artaeum disappeared again. Although the Psijic still have influence here...how is unknown, but they do...they have a ridiculous potential for magics not known to skyrim, your grandfather was "recruited" for that fact...and you my dear, bear the same potential he did."

Seemingly lost in thought at the subject at hand, jaggas tone changed, one of caution...even...fear? The wariness of his voice echoed through the room...an emotion that his current company had never seen from him...

"The last memories I could obtain from your grandfathers corpse was of a city...a great floating city powered by souls. One thought to have been lost to the ages and destroyed long ago...but as clear as the daylight on a tamrielan morning, that's what his last memories were...I know the ghost stories told about that city, and I know from an "acquaintance" that the city truly did exist. But if it STILL exists...that's something I neither know for sure, or hope I EVER find out..."

After a short silence the old chilling voice once again floated through the room.

"You my dear have great potential for magic and combat as well. What you do with that is up to you, just know if your willing to learn, I am also willing to help you."

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    This new information overloaded Alana's brain. Her face knotted in many emotions, she touched a few fingers to her temple, finding it to be throbbing. This ... potential she had ... was it true? And if so, why didn't her parents tell her about it?

She closed her eyes and rifled through some of her memories. Alana used to play with the candles at the dinner table when she was young, compressing it into a barely noticeable flame and then to other shapes to entertain herself and her family. Then she'd make the flames hop from one candle to another until her mother told her to stop and eat her food.

The corner of her mouth lifted into a half smile and she started reaching out to the candle next to her. Of course her parents wouldn't tell her about it ... they didn't want her playing with fire, figuratively and literally. But, it would definitely make a great attraction should she open an inn of her own. But then ... what would be more exciting? Having to toss out drunk after drunk in the sanctuary of her inn, never taking a chance to try and make a name for herself in Skyrim lore or dabbling in the arcane that held so many secrets?

After playing with the candle for a moment, Alana self consciously stopped and folded her arms on the table.

"Well ..." she spoke timidly, not used to the acoustics in the room, "I ... I suppose I could try. If all else fails I have a default to fall back on." Though she had not found the perfect spot for an inn yet, she knew she'd find it eventually.

Wolfie

"Quite a history." Kyle retorted quietly, stiffening somewhat as his soft, low voice resonated around them. "Whatever you think of my thoughts of Alana-" his eyes flashed towards Alana, watching her with a solemn expression, "-Jagga, I consider her (as if speaking to Alana although speaking to Jagga) simply a friend." For a second his expression appeared wounded and angry. The look quickly passed, replaced by a smooth complexion. "I hope that this relation does not end as the last one did." As it was with Rena.
    He remembered what Jagga had said, about his face being like an open book. He looked at Jagga and Alana, quickly thinking on this, trying to maintain a healthily pondering appearance.

Agentoringe

"So..any thoughts before we get on the move? I'm going to scout ahead...for now the bond with Alana will allow me to keep in touch, but I need to get a scope on the situation, the biggest problem I have right now is finding out where their support is and react fast enough to keep you two alive...I have to wait until the commotion starts before I can find out where they are, that way I have the best chance to remain hidden while their focus is on you..."

"When things heat up...don't get too zealous right away...give me a moment, not long, 10 seconds at the most...but don't reveal yourself until then...and if you can delay showing them who you are until you attack, that will be even better...the more surprise we can maintain the better this will go for us. Kyle, if you see Rena...don't over react...she will most likely not be in sight, but in case she does, it will be for the sole purpose of drawing you and I into the open. I trust you can keep your head about yourself, just don't give yourself away...Alana, don't worry...just remember, you can communicate with me any time you want, just focus your thoughts and search for mine, if you have any questions or need help tell me..."

Wolfie

It would be difficult. Mind set on the task ahead of them..."I have no questions. Our lives rest between our and your hands. Never had I been pressured as much to deliver death until today. I do not look forward to it; but my blade hand is uneasy. Alana? Anything to add?"

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana gulped. "I .. I hope I'm able to perform this task correctly," she said, her voice cracking. Her tail curled to the side and upwards and she grabbed it in both hands as though cowering behind it.

Then her thoughts shifted to what Kyle said. A friend? She thought. Have I gained his trust that easily? Oh, but this mission will test that for sure ... I must uphold my end of it. I have to do this right!

Letting her tail go, Alana stood up, keeping her hand on the handle of her sword. "Ready when you are ..."

Wolfie

He stood a second after her. --As long as she stays her magic from my face. Remember what happened with Rena?-- His expression remained placidly smooth. He moved his hand to the hilt of Farstaar.

Agentoringe

(Sorry guys, doing a bit of research and kind of busy this weekend lol so it may be tomorrow before I post back again lol

Agentoringe

(lol ended up being longer, sorry guys lol)

Jagga moved out of the shadows and stepped into a side room, moments later emerging in a new set of all black Brotherhood attire along with a hooded cloak that was all black, but had somewhat of a "starry sky" look to it, blending in with the shadows around it, weaving in and out, one would almost have to strain to distinguish where the cloak ended and shadow began...

"Very well, lets move...give me ten minutes, then follow...stop at the horse stalls outside of town and wait for my signal, Alana will know when it's time to come in...although, if they manage to discover me before they act you could be needed."

With that Jagga turned and opened the door, reaching up an flipping the hood over his head he took 2 steps out the door and vanished in a swirl of sickly dark purple magics...

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alarmed, Alana took a few steps towards were Jagga just was, but then calmed down. "S-safe travels, Master," she said meekly. His absence was like withdrawal from a drug to the new thrall. She sat back down sadly and took out her sword to sharpen it, trying to get ready for the battle.

Agentoringe

-your concern is noted Alana, but not needed, I'm only scouting for now...- jaggas voice echoed in her thoughts...

-remember, you don't have to talk to speak with me, focus on me in your head, clear your mind and talk as you would normally, now would be a good time to test the limits of how far this connection will last...relay this to Kyle so he knows we're all on the same page...-

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    "But Master ..." Alana said out loud, before realizing others could hear her. She closed her mouth quickly, knowing there was no use in whining about being apart from Jagga. It's not like he had completely left the new thrall.
    Alana collected herself before telling Kyle what was going down.

"Jagga's scouting out the area ... I've still got a connection with him if you want to ask him something."

Then she flipped through the fireball tome for the final time. Master, I'm scared ... what if I cast something else in the middle of battle?

Agentoringe

-again, that's only if you WANT to cast something else, your no stranger to spell casting, focus on the spell and direct it outwards...but you HAVE to be close range, if you rush them they will close on you as we'll, especially if they outnumber you...the only one not caught in the blast should be the Mage, and he should be shook enough you will have a moment to get to him...I need to keep my presence hidden as long as I can because they know me...and they will turn all of their attention to me which will NOT go well for the two of you...because IF they manage to kill me, your chances of survival are nil. I'm almost there now il have a better handle on the situation soon.-

Jagga ran on, invisible as he went...stopping quickly at the stable hands cottage he jimmied the lock an slid inside, a quick spell and snack rendered the tenants friendly and with instruction to accept specific visitors...

After stepping out the door and quietly closing it behind him, he leaned around the side of the house to inspect the guard detail...that wasn't there?!? No wonder everything was quiet but where had they gone? Hiding his hand under the cloak he quickly cast a detect life spell and scanned his cone of vision in front of him...the guards were there...but only faint glows came from a couple of the posts they would normally be at...could they have acted already? Are we too late?

The thinking clouded his senses for a moment, then suddenly he caught a strong glow to his left about 10 yards away, the soft shift of armor behind him told him that he was surrounded...but the smell was...familiar...

Standing up from his hunched position to his full stature and shifting his thoughts to Alana, he said in a soft and steady voice...

"It's been awhile since I've been caught off guard by mortal kin...eh brother?"

"We are no kin of yours "Betrayer" a strong feline voice spat behind him. At the sound of that title Jagga turned to face his accuser...the lithe khajiit stood almost as tall as Jagga himself, clad in well crafted steel armor and brandishing a silver long sword and dagger...

Eying the weapons Jagga smirked and remarked slyly "I don't remember the clans ever forging weapons of THAT quality before."

"That's because we haven't had need of these kind before "wanderer" said a female khajiit stepping out of the shadows...

Seeing the markings on her Jagga realized her station..."thank you matriarch, for your mercy..."

"It was no mercy.." She replied quickly...she did not want to waste any time, she was nervous.
    "We have need of you and your...ability. The dark ones already incapacitated or killed the guards outside and have infiltrated the city, I do not know what had transpired since but the city has been abnormally quiet. We, Wanderer, shall retreat for now, this is a quarrel for the nords and their city...one you also seem to have interest in. We have no interest in gettin involved...watch yourself...there are "hidden ones" among them as well...along with others like yourself."

With a solid tone of arrogance Jagga bowed slightly to her and replied "Forgive me matriarch, but there are few that exist in this world that are "like me" but thank you for your information, it will not go unused, you may return for your camp before the night is through."

As the khajiit caravan melded into the night the thought crossed his mind...-if there were others here like me, this fight would be hopeless and not even a master wizard or even a Dova would have a chance.-

-I do hope you've been paying attention Alana...this information will be useful, please relay to Kyle that there are other vampires and some of the mages could be invisible...I'm going to wait for you here at the stable house, knock 3 times when you arrive.-