Open The Bannered Mare -- Semi-advanced RP Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Dunmeri Rogue

The Gallant Dark Elf Rogue
    (Actually it's more that she has a bit of a death wish caused by guilt because her inaction due to fear got a friend*the hammer's owner Arthas* killed once so she goes to the OTHER extreme now being stupidly brave. At least that's how I conceptualized her she knows when she's outmatched or gotten lucky but doesn't care and would rather take the risk and give others a chance to flee by making herself a target in fact I've debated having her stupidity get her killed myself)

she kept quiet glaring at the Khajiit without an ouch of fear.

"Looks like you were right Arthas when you said my mouth would get me into trouble someday" She thought to herself sardonically.

Hearing the Khajiit's prattling over what he had done and seen*seemed a trait among vampires* and threats to her friends and Alana's pleas she decided to swallow her pride for once after all a hero should put aside their morals for the greater good.
    "I'm sorry" she eventually forced out.

...right?

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana's body relaxed when she heard Barenziah's apology. The sooner they get this mission over with, the better. She pressed two fingers to her temple and closed her eyes to do a sort of mini-meditation, so that she herself wouldn't become confrontational with Jagga.

Agentoringe

There is already a problem with a lot of the combats, just actions taken and the enemies die, no real thought or situational awareness...like the draugar, if you have a bulky lookin guy with a big axe, or a slightly less armored guy throwing spells and summoning things...which SHOULD you target first? obviously the ranged guy making more bad guys, but since it was a first combat that was an ok mistake and overall it worked out to the story advantage...but talk about power plays, I know you guys are fairly new but everything has been an overcompensation, I'm playing the bad guy...they are SUPPOSED to power play, it's only with the party working together are they able to defeat the enemy...that's what makes a story work and be interesting...here's the flip side, when you take the action, like berry throwin the dagger at the assassin...THATS where the action needs to end, because there are a lot of factors there...like, what's berry's archery skill? Because that's the ONLY physical projectile based skill in skyrim...also, what's the assassins 1 handed skill? Because if it's high enough he can "attack", since he's dual wielding and has the flurry perks for attacking faster when dual wielding, and knock the dagger thrown out of the air INSTEAD of it "piercing his heart" these guys are super trained assassins that you have NEVER dealt with directly, something you weren't ready for and the reason why my character interceded and helped out...because he trained the majority of the brotherhoods assassins, there's only one other vampire besides him in the guild...he was there to "help" you fight them but leave the majority of the combat up to you, but then heart piercing and tendon cutting occurred and there really wasnt much else I could work with except to go along with it and end the combat ALOT quicker than normal...because its not my thread...so I have no say so in "no, it's not gonna work that way, you need to back up and do that differently..." that's wolfies job...so I have to work with what is happening and act accordingly. Turn based combat is nearly a necessity, you say "Alana steps to the side and casts a sparks spell at the assassin..." not "Alana casts a sparks spell and fries the assassin to a crisp" lol you see what I'm saying? "god modding" as your calling it is necessary by at least one person, if not 2, the bad guy is that person...so if it was me, or Wolfie, or Dunmeri, or you, it's expected because the heros arent meant to have it easy...aside from that the thread starter, who's story were all following, can do what they will with it, we're just playing into Wolfies storyline here...AFTER this line is over if you want to bring berry's personalized enemy into it, sure, if you give me the details I can work it into the story arc...just like reading a book or watching a tv show, or Alanas past can throw a curve into it as well, just like how I tied the dark brotherhood quest line fighting Astrid, AND the attack on jorvaskr from the companions quest line into the same story arc...it's not hard to work stuff like that in, but skills and character background are necessary for successful interactions and especially combat between players and enemies...then it's up to the thread poster to decide how well they like those things fitting into their storyline...the story elements have all been ran by Wolfie prior to me posting them, to make sure they are ok and go along w what she has in mind. And to that end that's how I've played everything out...aside from that, role playing the character I created has been it.

Agentoringe

(lol good, I'm not trying to "overplay" my character at all, but I will play him thoroughly...i apologize for any animosity that might cause, but if I didn't I wouldn't be playing him right lol but yes, that will work wondrously, and as always, if there is ANYTHING you want help with or wanna talk about working into the story with enemies or backgrounds then let me know, I've been trying to take the pressure offa Wolfie to come up w everything ON TOP of playing her character, so that's why things, story wise, have been mostly left up to me, but like I said, I run everything by Wolfie before I apply it because it's her thread lol communication is the key here folks, the more we discuss things before they get applied to the story the better they fit together :)

Agentoringe

"very well..." releasing berry and standing, he turned back to the wagon, stepping up into it past a nervous looking Alana and dumbfounded kohl...hes not sure kohl expected that much of a show of force, but there wasn't the time to diddle with trivial things...this must be resolved quickly...sitting at the back of the carriage facing the party, he waited on berry to climb back in...

"now...can we get going?"

The Dunmeri Rogue

(Honestly I agree the problem I've had though is simply differentiating a warrior from a Rogue when it comes to my character atleast I mean how do you show she's more then just an agile warrior and what can she offer to the party herself?And frankly I'm just not good at writing combat scenes how do you write it to not make your character seem under or over powered?How do you make it seem believable given your characters skills without overpowering your enemies or drawing it out too long?Also I admit I felt the need to "keep up" with you and Wolfie's characters.*

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana sat down on the carriage benches as far away as possible from the driver's seat and held her tail with her hands, staring at the ground. It was obvious that Jagga's presence and prowess were making her nervous. "R-ready to go," she stuttered.

The Dunmeri Rogue

(That's also why the fear spell affected her so strongly she blames herself for her friend's death despite it not being completely her fault the problem is Barenziah isn't really brave because she can't accept this or listen to her fear when it tells her not to be stupid viewing it as a weakness in fact she's a coward because she runs away from her issues rather then deal with them with her bravado I've decided her "enemy" will be her personal demons coming back to haunt her so as not to derail Wolfie's thread anymore.)
    Quietly entering the carriage after she retrieved her items she nodded mutely to Jagga before sitting next to Alana "I'm sorry" she said to her. First it was her fear that caused her to lose her friends now her courage no her arrogant stupidity had almost done the same.For the first time since that terrible day 8 years ago Barenziah felt the weight of her failures crash into her.

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana looked up at Barenziah, and her nervous expression turned into a sad smile. "It's ok, Berry. I don't like this either," she confessed, even though everyone probably knew. "But if you ever feel overwhelmed, you can always come to me. I enjoy your company."

She leaned over and hugged her friend, then checked her for cuts and scrapes. "Did he hurt you?" she whispered, hoping Jagga wouldn't hear.

The Dunmeri Rogue

"I've had worse" she said trying to hide the gashes in her shoulder and cut on her throat and chin where Jagga had struck her and wincing at the pain the movement caused.
    "I'll be fine don't worry bout this Dunmer" She said with strained cheer giving her usual grin that looked normal at first glance but was completely forced trying to move away from her friend.

"I can't tell her what would she think knowing I'm just a fraud that got her friends killed? No this is my burden I won't force it on anyone" she thought self loathingly

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    Alana moved her friend's hands out of the way. Her eyebrows knitted in worry at the sight of the gashes given to Berry from Jagga.

"I know it might be embarrassing to have me look after you," she whispered, getting out a health potion from her satchel, "but it's what I'm here for. At least let me rub a bit of health salve on you." Alana splashed a bit of the liquid onto the gashes and rubbed it on the wounds, making them less worse than before, but still there.

The Dunmeri Rogue

"No really I'm f-fine" she said her voice cracking at the end grin becoming more strained as tears began to form at her eyes as gentle yet firm green eyes and a pale face young but strong framed by short messy blond hair briefly formed over Alana's features before changing to a lightly tanned feminine face framed by wild short red hair and with annoyed but concerned green eyes like the former.Suddenly moving away from Alana like she was hot iron Barenziah said in a panic "S-S-Stay away!" frantically moving away to the back edge of the wagon before bashing her head against a wooden post.
    "OW!"
    "Berry you okay?"
    "You did it again didn't you?Tch idiot..."

"Arthas, Gwyndolyn..." Barenziah said as she blacked out

Agentoringe

"tch...*spits* If she's this weak you should have let me kill her...it would do us a favor...only another half day to get there, if you want any insight as to what we may face...il be happy to enlighten you...I don't feel like having to watch over everyone once we get there."

(now waiting on wolf lol)

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    ((Yeah ... I wonder what happened to Wolfie?))

Alana glared at Jagga, but said nothing, fearing the worst from him. She shook her friend and even administered a few slaps across Banrenziah's face in order for her to wake up. "Barenziah, please, wake up! Jagga's patience runs thinner than ice in the spring!" she urged.

The Dunmeri Rogue

(Long post ahead)
    She felt someone shaking her:
    "Barenziah wake up you dumbass!" shouted an angry female voice that she hadn't heard in years
    "Sister I don't think that'll help the concussion and please stop swearing it's unladylike" a soft male voice that haunted her sleep on many a night added exasperatedly.
    Could it be?
    "Shut it Arthas I'm not going to baby her because you and her make kissy faces!*male sputtering* Barenziah if your lazy ass isn't up in 3 seconds I'm setting you on fire!"
    Eyes snapping open she sat up quickly before hissing and nearly doubling over as searing pain coursed through her skull.
    "Berry!"
    "Take it easy stupid!"
    She felt hands steady her and a cool pressure on her head.
    "How bad is it?!"
    "Calm down Arthas she just took a nasty bump on the head...nothing to damage."
    "A--Arthas...G-G-Gwyn?"
    Haze of pain clearing she saw a familiar pair of Bretons one blonde but now bearded male with fair skin clad in Ebony armor with a Glass warhammer on his back and a red headed female now missing all babyfat but retaining her short wild red hair with tanned skin in archmage robes looking at her in concern, well concern masked by annoyance for the red headed female.
    "Did you lose the one brain cell you have?" asked the now named Gwyn keeping her hand on Barenziah's forehead channeling blue frost magic to it.
    "How you feeling beloved?" asked Arthas clutching her hand gently earning a "She ain't dying Arthas" comment from Gwyn that went ignored.
    Seeing a strand of her hair out of the corner of her eye she was surprised to see it back to it's natural black not the white she'd dyed it since the incident.
    "W-Where are we?" she asked
    "You don't remember?" Arthas asked worriedly sharing a brief look with Gwyn.
    "I remember hitting my head" said Barenziah noticing that she was wearing black leather armor now "When'd I get this?" she thought "The rest is a blank"

"In Skyrim just like we swore eight years ago" said Arthas proudly "You and I married four years ago after you reformed the Thieves Guild from second rate thugs into noble rogues after killing it's leader in fair combat and we led a combined assault as Archmage,Guildmaster and Harbinger on the Dark Brotherhood destroying it before driving the Thalmor out of Skyrim while the Empire with aid from Blackmarsh,Hammerfel and Morrowind and insurgents from within Summerset,Elsywer and Valenwood destroyed them at last!"

"Yeah we kicked ass" cheered Gwyn adding "We're heroes through out Skyrim thaned in all the holds and personal friends with all the Jarls".

"Not bad for a couple kids from Cyrodiil eh?" said Arthas wearing a huge grin.

Barenziah smiled joyfully having everything she wanted yet a part of her deep down knew that it was too perfect that something wasn't right.

(whew she'll wake up after Wolfie posts)

Wolfie

(I'm so sorry guys! Personal college stuff is more important than my online life. I'm back now, but I might be a little slow to reply at times. I apologize for any such things in the future. I've read up on the replies, and now here is mine.)

Kohl hardly had time to unsheath his sword when Jagga had attacked Berry. He had tensed, hand wrapping around the hilt, but even afterwards he didn't even twitch, eyes narrowed at the scene. When Jagga had released her, he was still quite still. The vampire was right, like he always seemed to be. Where the others feared him to an angry point, Kohl saw his presence as an opportunity. He watched the Khajiit's movements for a moment, hand still resting on his hilt but not in a truly threatening way. He got to his feet and crouched next to Berry. "We have everything we need, Jagga. No use wasting time while the sun continues to wane - the closer they get to Whiterun." He lifted his head, eyes a clear, hard grey-blue, a depth of varying emotions that he hides behind priority. "Berry and Alana might not like this temporary alliance, but it is necessary for survival. And we must move on," he repeated.
    He turned his attention to Berry and laid the back of his hand on the side of her cheek. The Mer was two-headed, he though, quick with word and sword but perhaps not of the thoughts of others. They ought to speak of this soon. But what was going on with her now? Even though Jagga claimed she was weak, Kohl still had the burden of two lives upon his mind and shoulders, and he wouldn't shrink from that. Even so.
    "Berry. It's Ko-" He stopped himself, eyes steeling. "Kyle. It's Kyle and you need to wake up. We're heading towards Whiterun and, frankly, it would be embarrassing if you were still passed out there." He removed his hand and crouched there, waiting to see if there was a response, and waiting for the jolt that would mean that the carriage had begun to roll. Jagga had said that they would go faster, but Kohl did not hold much hope that they would actually get there in time, much less before the attack on Whiterun.
    --Even werewolves cannot publicly protect themselves. One of them is bound to overreact, and that would mean the end of the Companions and of the pride of Whiterun. We must make double haste. And Rena...I will only begin to truly live when she and then perhaps the Morag Tong are dead.--
    He settled into a steely disquiet.