Open The Bannered Mare -- Semi-advanced RP Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Agentoringe

"...really elf? Latch them to the WAGON...i really didn't think i would have to explain it. They are no longer alive...so they can run at full speed without fear of "dying"...now corral your lizard friend and let's go..."

Agentoringe

(lol nah, the chain lightning hits living things, it just ripped through the horses and the driver...of course it jumped to the ground afterwards because (thankfully) kohl had walked away from him, an the resulting dust cloud etc etc lol) now we just wait on Alana

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    ((Aw, crap, not again! >.<

I wasn't getting notifications that's why Alana hasn't done anything get XP Oh well, let's see if I can make up for it... ))

Poor Alana had blanked out from the shock of witnessing her friends battling alongside Kohl's intended assassin. She stood there, catatonic, the whole time.

"...Really elf? Latch them to the WAGON ... I really didn't think I would have to explain it. They are no longer alive ... so they can run at full speed without fear of "dying" ... Now corral your lizard friend and let's go ..."

Awakening from her catatonic state, Alana spluttered at the vampire. " ... B-bu-Hey! I have a name, you know!" she snapped. She strode over to Barenziah's side, seeking comfort in numbers.

The Dunmeri Rogue

The Gallant Dark Elf Rogue
    Barenziah smiled at Alana comfortingly "Don't worry I won't let anything happen to you or Kohl."before adding to herself quietly "I won't fail them like I failed Arthas I won't lose another friend to betrayal!"

(Thinking of introducing a personal enemy for Barenziah like Rena is for Kohl soon and shedding some light on her past.Would that be alright with you guys?)

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    (Thinking of introducing a personal enemy for Barenziah like Rena is for Kohl soon and shedding some light on her past.Would that be alright with you guys?)

((Oh, how exciting! I think we can handle another enemy ... right guys?

Alana hasn't lived long enough or traveled far enough to make enemies, so there won't be any trouble from her past. She's likely to make enemies with her friends' enemies due to them being threatened, though.))

Wolfie

((Sure -- just as long as it doesn't tangle with our recent plot.))

"Every second we stand here the closer they get to Whiterun," Kohl growled. He stepped onto the back of the carriage.

Wolfie

He didn't hear her. His lips curled downwards into a frown. How did Rena plan on getting to either Whiterun or this "Falkreath Sanctuary" before them? Did she have a horse hidden nearby? Wouldn't Jagga know? What a strange name altogether.

Agentoringe

"...also...there's something we need to discuss elf...what you did back there was STUPID...If I hadnt already closed the distance on the Mage you'd all be dead right now...the fact that the tension was high and he reacted poorly to your.."squalling" was pure luck...kohl had the right idea to pick away from a distance, and if the lizard would have stopped daydreaming long enough to act you would have had a fight in your favor...here's the bottom line...keep your head about yourself...emotions will get you killed...or worse, your companions killed BECAUSE of your lack of restraint...and don't mistake this for "helpful advice"...it's a warning...if ANY of you do anything to compromise my safety or get in my way il kill you myself and not think twice...this is an alliance of consideration and necessity...not because I want to be "friends"...the honor of the brotherhood has been tarnished and it WILL be rectified...the fact that it coincides with his sister is mere circumstance...now that we have a clear understanding here...let's move." an with that Jagga waves his hand over the horses they turn about in the road and ready to make their way to white run....

The Dunmeri Rogue

The Gallant Dark Elf Rogue
    "Not if I kill you first" She said darkly clear loathing in her voice. "Now here's a warning for you assassin the only reason you aren't either feeding worms like your friends or fleeing with your tail between your legs right now is because as much as I hate it we need you."..."But just give me a reason just one and I'll gladly reevaluate your worth to us." Before turning away losing herself in thoughts of her past of her past group of friends.

"Arthas watch me I'll make your dream real I promise" she thought

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    At Jagga's words, Alana snorted and frowned. Hatred of vampire kind boiled in the Argonian's blood, and this warning he gave didn't help.

"Oh, don't worry, vampire, once this is all over I'll stay very, very clear of you," she growled. That is, if I don't throttle you to death, first, she thought bitterly.

Agentoringe

*sigh* turning Jagga steps down into the carriage, seeing that Barenziah is turned away he quickly grabs her right shoulder with his right hand digging in his claws and pulls her forward, with his left hand he rips the harness off her body leaving the warhammer and both daggers in the cart as he throws her off balance and face first to the ground behind it...stepping off behind her she tries to scramble around to get up but catches a swift boot to the stomach knocking the wind out of her...rolling her over he sits on her chest and pins her arms down at the elbows, grabbing a handful of hair with his left hand he draws the ebony dagger with his right and lays it carefully across her neck making sure she's lookin at him dead in the eye...

"perhaps I wasn't clear...maybe this will get it through your thick Mer head...we are not friends, we are not colleagues, and I am not the common folk you are used to dealing with, so listen and listen well...I do not care if you like me...whatever you might think of me is perfectly fine...but you will keep your elf mouth SHUT and will NOT spew those idiocies at me again...I am faster, stronger, and more adept in EVERY way in ANY form of combat than you will ever hope to become in your pathetic lifetime...I was on the front lines when Akatosh tried to enter this world 200 years ago, i was turned by Lamae Baelfag herself, so if you think I'm going to put up with a sassy, bitch-elf with a need to prove herself that THINKS she can contend with me on ANY level, you are sorely mistaken...from this point forward you will think VERY carefully on what you say, and HOW you say it before opening that fly trap of a mouth and uttering a single word...oh, and I wouldn't consider that spell "lizard", and your bow nor your weapon will do you much good here kohl...this is a point that needs to be made...not to mention, you would need a silver weapon to have any kind of REAL effect on me...NOW...I do not make threats, I give warnings and you wench have had all I intend to give...so tell me, has any of this sunk into your think skull or should I kill you now? And remember...think carefully before you answer...because ANY action lets you taste my blade as it goes through your bottom jaw and into your brain..."

He sits waiting for the elfs reply with his dagger ready to shove through her skull if ANYONE makes a move.

(to be fair, I'm role playing him to the detail, he wouldn't put up with her mouth AT ALL and in this case the ONLY reason he's giving her a choice is because of a consideration for kohl and the current predicament with his sister and the brotherhood because even though he trained her there's aspects of her even he doesn't know and kohl has the best insight on her because they are family, on a side note "berry's" attitude WAS out of line during the fight and emotions ran high which can be understood, but seeing what she's seen and the skill level that has been shown of this 6'6, 280lb assassin that has managed (due to careful planning) to be ahead of all THREE of you at every turn, let alone that he's physically imposing and would even make Farkas think twice before getting up in his face, either berry is just that stupid and would mouth off even at a dragon she's face to face with and is probably about to die because of her mouth, or she's at least got the common sense to realize when she's outmatched and should back down...either way, this isn't a scenario she should have gotten herself into. I know my character is looking OP and that's because of 2 things...the number 1 thing is that there was no restriction on backstory when this thread was posted, so because of that I can explain why he's as strong as he is through his background and apply those skills to the story itself while still role playing him easily into the thread, if YOUR characters dont have that kind of backstory its your own fault because you didnt apply it before we started, now that we are halfway into the storyline its too late to change your characters whole story to try and make them more badass to contend with someone else, and on the other end, he's NOT a part of the group and until recent events he's been The bad guy, if a bad guy was EASY to deal with, you wouldn't need a party to confront him and he's SUPPOSED to be stronger than any of you individually...but now he's in a position where it's beneficial to work WITH you instead of against you...so HOW you role play your characters intelligence on that matter makes the difference in how well they will get along...your character doesn't have to like it at all, and that's fine, but If a guy has played you like puppets,out classes you, is nearly twice your size and STILL faster and more agile than you and would kill you off without giving it much thought...your hopefully smart enough NOT to run your mouth to him. But some characters make it and some dont. It's all in how you prepare and play them. So...back up, delete the previous posts and play your character a bit smarter? Or start working on a new one because she's probably about to die.)

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    ((I do believe you god moded again, Agentoringe. Otherwise, the post is fine.))

The Argonian's hand flicked and her prepared shock spell fizzled away. She made no other movement, still as a statue. "Barenziah ... listen to him," Alana whispered fearfully. The thought of this ... monster possibly taking her friends' lives and coming for her next was horrifying.

Agentoringe

*his first action, that is readied, if kohl draws a bow or steps off the wagon, if Alana readies a spell or does anything of the similar variety, as well as berry struggling to get free, the first thing he will do, BEFORE an action occurs, is kill her dead and then deal w the rest of the party accordingly...he's VERY serious...and I apologize but that's my character, ruthless assassin, an I will play him as such. lol

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    *his first action, that is readied, if kohl draws a bow or steps off the wagon, if Alana readies a spell or does anything of the similar variety, as well as berry struggling to get free, the first thing he will do, BEFORE an action occurs, is kill her dead and then deal w the rest of the party accordingly...he's VERY serious...and I apologize but that's my character, ruthless assassin, an I will play him as such. lol

((Of course. Come to think of it, I wouldn't want you to play him any other way. :) ))

Agentoringe

lol "god modding" huh? so the dagger thrown "piercing the assassin in the heart" the previous combat wasnt? Or "slicing his Achilles tendon"? lol I'm not saying I'm NOT doing it, but I dont see you calling him out on it either...and in the previous scenario with Kohl it was played with wolfies permission, this time around is necessary for the situation because seriously, THAT'S how you would smack talk to someone who has terrorized a town (by himself i might add) and at every turn shown to be on a higher level of scary compared to the party? NOT to mention now that you have a good look at him he's bulkier than Farkas, with more muscle and is obviously stronger and more ruthless in every way...even an idiot wouldn't go talk trash to someone like that, there would have to be careful consideration on what you say because you don't know how he will react...in this case, no consideration was taken, and this is how he would react...you tell me Lungdrac, if you were playing a ruthless assassin and After just warning someone about making a stupid move and that if they got in your way or crossed you you would kill them, only for them to turn and run their mouth off back...would you just let it go? Or would you role play the ruthless assassin and make your point?

LungDrac

Alana the Argonian
    lol "god modding" huh? so the dagger thrown "piercing the assassin in the heart" the previous combat wasnt? Or "slicing his Achilles tendon"? lol I'm not saying I'm NOT doing it, but I dont see you calling him out on it either...and in the previous scenario with Kohl it was played with wolfies permission, this time around is necessary for the situation because seriously, THAT'S how you would smack talk to someone who has terrorized a town (by himself i might add) and at every turn shown to be on a higher level of scary compared to the party? NOT to mention now that you have a good look at him he's bulkier than Farkas, with more muscle and is obviously stronger and more ruthless in every way...even an idiot wouldn't go talk trash to someone like that, there would have to be careful consideration on what you say because you don't know how he will react...in this case, no consideration was taken, and this is how he would react...you tell me Lungdrac, if you were playing a ruthless assassin and After just warning someone about making a stupid move and that if they got in your way or crossed you you would kill them, only for them to turn and run their mouth off back...would you just let it go? Or would you role play the ruthless assassin and make your point?

((Mm ... point taken. Proceed.))