• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    (OOC: hope this thread isn't completely dead...)

Dro-Do Zatharka meditated infront of the Apprentice standing stone just outside of Morthal. The ancient, by khajiit and men's standards, was completely still. His once tan pelt was quite grey, and his eyes had that look of wisdom that only age can bring. His long whiskers were gently swaying in the breeze. Life had gotten harder for Zatharka since the Stormcloaks won. But the old monk took it in stride, the war ment nothing to the khajiit.

Zatharka stood, for the sun was rising over the swamp. Some may see swamps as an ugly thing, but the sun revealed the water's dance. Zatharka went through his morning exercises, the slow practiced movements appeared peaceful, but in truth it was the cornerstone of the dicipline needed for more violent techniques.

Zatharka checked his pack, and found he was running low on food. Zatharka threw on his monk robes over his tattered pants, and took off southeast to Morthal. His tattered footwraps making almost no noise as he walked down the road.

Big lion23

Vanguard
    Vanguard had a rather easy childhood. Not to say his Nord father wasn't the man he hated most in life, but some relaxed and simple young years he had, none-the-less. This led to a rather simple adult life, until four months previous. The dragon attack devastated him by killing off his wife and child. He blamed it on himself, but what was he to do? No, nothing much could be done for Riften that day. Now all he has is a ruined plot of land in a crumbling city. Since then, the Thieves' Guild has been stronger than ever, and Vanguard just couldn't live like that.

He took his leave, and few possessions. When Ulfric saw him face-to-face, Vanguards strength and leadership was questioned, but he quickly joined the ranks and started to rise. Now, at the command of twenty men, disobeying direct orders, taking care of allied scouts, and paying off patrols, he finally has what he needs to fill the gap. He knew to grow himself and his men into better soldiers would be to go to the somewhat front-line. He didn't want them to get hurt, for he loved them, but it was time for them to put his teachings to the test.

He looked at his map, which he was recording everywhere they went in this journey on, and decided he would try to go as best as a bird flew as he could, to the destination. This would be difficult, with forests and mountains in his way, but he and his tough men would make it. "Besides," he though, "the farther south we go, the farther from this damned cold."

((OOC- This is more of an insight into Vanguard's life, and what he feels about some things. I, too, hope this thread doesn't die.))

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka walked in silence, and the townspeople gave him a wide berth. Ulfric's regime made sure they wouldn't fraternize with a khajiit like Zatharka. Now Zatharka knew Ulfric himself was not the source of the malice. Ulfric cared for nords alone, this is true, but his indifference to the other races was the root of this evil. A man who ignores the other crops in his fields will surely lose them all to the weeds, Zatharka thought. Zatharka's thoughts where interupted by a trio of Stormcloak soldiers. Zatharka bowed and continued on his way but that was not allowed it would seem.

"You there cat," The leader sneered the phrase. "What do you think your doing? This is a nord town."

"And it still is. For Skyrim was never not the Nord's home," rasped Zatharka, his step uninterupted.

The leader gawked at Zatharka. "Your a smart one aren't you. Bet your a theif lets search him."

Zatharka stopped walking. He shed his monk robe and dropped his trousers. "Please tell this one what you hope to find."

Though old Zatharka was in prime physical shape, but more importantly he was incapable of hiding anything. The guards froze, Zatharka pulled his pants up. It was quite cold. The leader was not entertained.

"Public nudity! Men lets teach this cat a leason."

Zatharka hung his robe over his shoulder as the guards approached.

blue 468

OOC: I'm going to move us foward if anyone disagrees tell me and i'll edit my post:D

They group had been traveling for a few day, it had been uneventful at first by they ran into some bandits it seemed that Ulfric was to concerned with making Skyrim a Nord only country than to clean up the roads of bandits. This thought angered Aenar he wanted Skyrim to be like it was when he was a kid, he was born in Windhelm and he remembered when khajiit and Argonians were allowed in cities. Aenar put aside those thoughts and noticed they were almost to Morthal.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka put his robe back on as the stormcloaks were fanning out. How can these men feel strong, Zatharka wondered. Three young soldiers versus a old khajiit monk, not exactly a close match. They wielded large two-handed steel weapons, and Zatharka may have used to be a brash warrior. But now he preffered his peace. He knelt down and was sitting on his folded legs.

To bad no one would help a khajiit in this day and age, Zatharka lammented. He silently cast armor on himself and waited for the blows to fall.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Think any Stormcloaks are here?" Fultheim hopped off after Achilles. The illusionist grabbed a bottle of Argonian Bloodwine from his pack and downed it in one fell swoop. Normally, the man saved such a brew for when he needed to delve underwater. But, it tasted good, and he felt like having a drink. "I don' know, Achilles. Hopefully not. I don' wanna' have ta' bloody my hammer any more.", said the Nord with a rather pronounced lisp. He had been drinking for much of the trip, causing his bad vocabulary.

Fultheim trotted up to the crossroads sign and leaned against it, as the world had begun to spin. "Anybuddah' have a potion o' sobriety? I'm pretty drunk.", said the Nord, the smell of strong mead on his breath. Now, don't get me wrong, Fultheim could definitely take his alchohol. Seven bottles in an hour is quite a bit for anybody, though.

blue 468

Aenar shook his head at the sight of Fultheim this was no time to be drunk. He walked over to Mack and asked "what's our plane of attack? We can't just walk through the main entrance, we're sure to be wanted already."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Hey, 'Chilles, I'm an illusionist, remember? I also happen ta' be quite good at bo' the arts of sneaking and of crackin' skulls open. I could enter and open the place up for you 'loudies.", said Fultheim. He hiccuped and then said, "'Course, my magic'll be slightly off due ta' my bein' drunk and all. Normally my spells don' mess up 'till my tenth bottle, but this is some strong ale."

JBar2531

Achilles noticed how drunk Fultheim was and wondered if he could do any type of magic right now. "If there are any Stormcloaks there, and your magics off even a little, they will surely spot you. They're not going to let you in if you guys are wanted. Im not wanted with you guys, but im wanted for other things. Im no strategist, so you guys should think of something. I just fight. What do you think Mack?" Achilles wanted to get drunk too, but it was a bad time. Maybe if he survived the next battle. If there even was a battle....

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Pft. I'm not wanted. I mean, I am, but I look no different than your average Nord. I doubt they'll care. If they do, though, don't worry about me. I've gotten out of worse scrapes in the past, 'Chilles.", said Fultheim. He socked Achilles in the shoulder and turned to the others. The illusionist spoke up, saying, "Tha's just mah' usefulness. I suck at strategizizin', and think it shoul' be left ta' you guys."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka sat there with three young stormcloaks attacking him for just over an hour. Under their blows he did not stir and took the free time to think. Wonder what fruits the market will have today, Zatharka pondered. I would think some leeks would be good. The three were tired thier strike having less vigor. But they would not stop Zatharka knew until he showed signs of defeat.

Wonder if they will have goat's milk, Zatharka thought, as a greatsword arched towards his head. Bouncing off with barely a sound. Zatharka grew tired of the game and flopped over when a warhammer his his side.

The worn out leader stood triumphant. "That.. will... teach you... cat..." Out of breathe the trio left Zatharka in the road. As they walked out of sight, Zatharka jumped up and dusted his robes off. Zatharka walked around to the local Inn. Bought his food, and walked out side. He sat down and soon children were gathering. Zatharka smiled and accepted thier offer of a game of Tag.

blue 468

Aenar was growing weary of the waiting for a plan he didn't doubt Mack as a leader but they needed to make a decision fast he thought back to the civil war where hesitation lead to his men being slaughtered.
    (flashback)
    The closing days of the civil war were at hand most of the imperial forces had retreated to Solitude and he was second in command in what was left with a company of a little under 200 men desperately defending a fort in Haafingar against over 3000 stormcloaks. Flaming rocks hurled over the fort's walls arrows streamed from both sides of the walls, Stormcloaks battered at the walls trying to get in.

"SIR!! THEY'RE BREAKING THROUGH!!!" what do we do?" Aenar yelled at his commander, he was silent for a moment then as he was going to respond an arrow flew through a small crack in the gates striking him in the neck, Aenar watched in horror as he fell to the floor Aenar ran to him and held him in his arms as he went to Sovengard. Aenar looked up as the walls fell back and rebels poured through, he was in command now his soldiers looking to him for orders he was frozen unable to speak or move, he came to as two rebel advanced on him one swinging a battleaxe Aenar ducked and sunk his sword into his gut and as the second advanced he feinted to the right the spun around and removed his head. Aenar grew in confidence ready to give and order but it was to late a rock hurtled throw the walls and a large piece of rock struck him in the head knocking him out.

Aenar remembered waking up to hundreds of corpses mostly Imperial scattered about in the rubble of the fort, the Stormcloaks had long since advanced on to Solitude his shame was to great so instead of running full speed to help in Solitude he left to try and start a new life as a Mercenary.

Aenar came to "I'll go and see what I can find, they're looking for a group not one man so I should go unnoticed" Aenar walked away toward Morthal.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka was trying to dodge the blow. These children truly have epic skills at this game, Zatharka thought. He soon sat down laughter on his lips. The children were sad that the kitty was done, but soon left. Then Zatharka sensed it, it felt like magic. Casting a powerful detect life spell Zatharka could see them. A group quite the distance way.

"This one wonders what would colllect such a group," Zatharka pondered. He got his groceries and started down the road. Wondering what these adventurers where up to. Zatharka was laughing pranking adventurers was always a favorite passtime.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Accalia walked among the streets fairly undisturbed by the guards even though she was only half nord. She did get the insult here and there about her imperial blood but she learned to ignore them. An aged khajiit in what appeared to be worn monk robes walked past. "Sir!" She attempted to stop the khajiit, "Here you might need this more then me." She handed him an apple, bread and salted meat wrapped in cloth. She smiled at the khajiit and continued walking back into town. She loved all races of Skyrim but Ulfric's strict laws made it almost impossible for her to see anyone else but nords.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka looked at the woman's offering and bowed deeply.

"This one is thank you for you gift. How may this one repay you?"

Zatharka was happy that there was still charity in Skyrim. He opened the package and say the salted beef. Zatharka was rare for you see he was a vegitarian. But he stored the meat in his pack anyway, never know when a playful fox might want a meal.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Accalia turned and bowed in return to the old Khajiit. "Not at all." She smiled as she continued her walk into town. The simple act of giving food made her feel better but she knew the day would get worse."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Zatharka watched the woman continue on her way. He smiled as he moved to figure out what to do to these adventures. This one still has somewhat of a throwing arm, Zatharka mused. Wonder how for I can throw a mud clot. Zatharka was one of those rare figures who was so wise yet so immature. Zatharka needed to think so he sat down off to the side of the road and meditated on his task.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    "Understood Nikt...err I mean, Dargo, wish me luck." said Derkeethus as he listened to Dargo's orders. He remembered that his Stormscale Master was still imprisoned, but was still used to taking orders from him, which is why he hesitated when he accidentally said the first syllable of Nikten-Tei's name.

"You two, follow Dargo. Do as he says and take Nikten-Tei's Storm Atronach with you. Remember what I told you last night when we got here, how to get it to turn invisible. If you fools weren't paying attention, keep the Atronach in plain, clear weather and sunlight and it will vanish and become silent, but it will still be there". The two Assassins that Derkeethus dragged along nodded and did as they were told. Derkeethus then left and ventured the long, couple of yards long route to Morthal on foot.

It took approximately 27 minutes for Derkeethus to reach Morthal. He was a bit leg-sore but not so much that he could not do his job effectively. The guards were everywhere, however, Derkeethus maneuvered his way through (and blended into) their shadows furtively without being noticed. When he finally reached the front of a small wooden house. He attempted to open the door discreetly, but it would not budge. "Locked." Derkeethus thought to himself. He dug into his small bag of lockpicks without being seen by the guards and pulled out one. Derkeethus slid the thin piece of steel material in the lock and turned it clockwise. However, his lock became stuck, and Derkeethus accidentally broke it.

"Damn it! This is one complicated lock!" Derkeethus quietly mumbled to himself. The argonian Shadowscale then remembered his short katar had sufficed before when attempting to break through complex locks. So he pulled the little push-dagger out of his belt and gripped it tightly, then slid the blade into the lock. It fit perfectly. Afterwards he once again tilted it clockwise and before he knew it, the door was open. Derkeethus then creeped into the household.

The house appeared as if nobody was home but Derkeethus then heard loud snoring from the upstairs. It sounded like the snores of an elderly Nord gentleman. Derkeethus crept up the wooden stairs, making silent footsteps. He reached the old man in the bed, he was wearing Miner's clothes, which Derkeethus was used to wearing. Derkeethus then slowly tip toed towards the sleeping man and slit the Old one's throat wide open with the tip of his Katar. Blood was spewing from the wound, it splattered on Derkeethus' face since he was leaning over towards the old guy, it splattered and stained the old man's grey knotted beard as well. The man screamed in pain during his last breath and opened his eyes widely as the tip of the blade slid across his throat, but Derkeethus covered his mouth with his hand, muffling his loud scream. Whispering "Shhh..." into his ear as he struggled to get away and remain alive.

After the vibrations of his victim's screaming voice faded from his hand, Derkeethus pulled his hand off of the victim's mouth. The body laid there immobile with an open mouth, wide open eyes, and blood sprinkled all over the bed. Derkeethus knew he was dead, and closed both of the victim's eyes with the tips of his scaly index and middle fingers. Then closed the open, bloody jaw by grabbing the victim's chin and pushing it vertically to meet his upper lip. The twisted Argonian assassin knew what he had to do, so he slipped off the corpse's clothes slowly, took off his own armor, and put on the clothes himself; ripping open a hole purposely in the pants so his tail could fit through. He looked over at the bloody half-naked corpse of an old man beside him and said sarcastically, "That's lovely..."

Derkeethus then tilted his eyes downward and noticed the blood stains on his shirt. Knowing this would incite suspicion from the local authorities, he picked up the satchel he had with his formal attire off the floor, and pulled out a little glass bottle of stain-cleaning liquid he brewed himself. He un-corked it and poured it on the blood stain, rubbing it into the cloth thoroughly until the blood disappeared. He sighed in relief after that, but then figured out that he had nowhere to put his normal armor. However, luck struck him like a crossbow bolt and he noticed a key on a shelf as he looked around and assumed that key was for the chest in front of the bed. He confirmed his idea by sliding the golden key into the lock and opened the chest instantly.

He saw a bunch of useless junk within the chest, except for a coin purse. "You won't be needing this anymore..." Derkeethus said as he greedily stole the coin purse from the chest and placed it in his satchel. He took the man's Pickaxe out of the chest as well to keep up appearances and cast out the illusion that he was a Miner. He then stuffed his normal armor and Ebony Shortsword into the chest, closed it and locked it with the key then placed the key in his satchel. Knowing he would return to this exact place should he have need of his armor; however he kept his small katar with him, concealed in his pocket incase he happened to come across the Stormcloaks that he needed to assassinate.

Derkeethus then walked out of the door and strolled around the town. Fooling the guards of Hjaalmarch with the facade of his "Casual Argonian Miner" persona...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts