The Adventures of Lerexus Gavinius

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cannabyss

Inspired by BIGwooly here on the forums, the creator of a fascinating thread:
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/nord-refugee-character-diary-hrisskar-iii.3168/

I will proceed to tell the tale of the adventures my Imperial will face in Skyrim through the use of journal entries. This initial post will serve to tell a bit about my character. Below I'll list some general information and a backstory. My next post will consist of the restrictions I plan on placing on my playthrough.

Race: Imperial

Name: Lerexus Gavinius
Birthplace: Imperial City, Cyrodiil
Immediate Family: Giovanni Gavinius (father, deceased), Lucina Gavinius (mother, deceased), Xander Gavinius (brother, unknown)

Background:
Lerexus Gavinius was born in the glorious Imperial City in the Heartland of Tamriel, Cyrodiil. He was born into a family of mildly-successful merchants. His father, Giovanni, owned a general store in the market district supplying the city with a number of supplies including weapons, armor and potions. His mother also operated within the same shop, but sold her own supplies mainly consisting of ingredients for alchemists.

Lerexus also had a brother named Xander, who was twelve years his senior. They lead a peaceful life and lived within their means. When Lerexus was born, his parents were just getting started with their business. Competing in the Imperial City was no easy task, and it took nearly twenty years to build the Gavinius name. Given another two years, the name was a staple in the city and had become well-known to surrounding cities as well. Unfortunately, with fame comes the attraction of the wrong sort of people. As word spread of their success, bandits, thieves and competing merchants alike were gaining interest in a negative way. After several attempted break-ins, Giovanni enlisted some protection. This prompted Lerexus to take up arms and began to practice swordplay in his spare time. He'd always dreamt of one day fighting for the empire, but never truly considered it as a possibility and figured he'd be trapped in the life of a merchant for the remainder of his days. Perhaps it was for the better, he began to think.

Unfortunately, one faithful day would come that would change his direction completely. 'Twas a lovely Morndas evening in the Imperial City. The sun had just set and the Gavinius clan was awaiting their last few customers before closing up shop. A group of shady men entered. There were three of them, all dressed in thick robes and hoods, leaving their faces in shadow. With two Imperial guards just inside, visible to the men, it was unlikely that they would attempt a robbery, though Lerexus. They browsed and spoke not a word. Young Lerexus eventually approached the man at the head of the pack and offered his assistance. The large, brute of a man turned to face the young man and grinned, but remained silent. Lerexus insisted that if they weren't going to make any purchases that they had to leave.

This didn't go over well with the men, and all of the sudden the leader tore away his robe and revealed a heavy set of Orcish armor, obviously enchanted by its’ shimmer. Before Lerexus could turn and flee, the giant lifted his leg and thrust the bottom of his large, heavy boot into his chest, sending him into the display case just behind him. He gasped for breath as he watched the two Imperial soldiers easily slain and beheaded. His father then entered, battle-ready. He must have known from the moment the group entered that they would be hostile. He'd never seen his father in such form; dressed from head-to-toe in heavy Imperial armor, wielding his prized great sword, worth well over five-thousand Septims due to its’ remarkable frost enchantment. He managed to overcome two of them rather easily, and skirmished with the remaining grunt before driving his mighty blade through his heart. All that remained was the leader, and the two stared each other down.

The towering assassin, an Orc of all things, suddenly charged Giovanni. Lerexus was finally able to get back to his feet and quickly grabbed the Elven bow and bundle of arrows from the display case he'd painfully crashed into. He'd only shot an arrow a handful of times in his life at a range and just barely struck the target. His hands shook tremendously as he watched the battle before him; he managed to thread and arrow in the string and pulled it back, taking aim at his large enemy. It was difficult to get a perfect shot, and he'd never be able to forgive himself if he happened to hit his father instead. But, the battle soon reached its’ climax. The bloody Orc had brought his father to one knee and was prepared to deal the final blow. Lerexus suddenly stiffened up and ceased to shake. His hand released the arrow and it struck the Orcs’ neck. Furious, the beast turned and glared at the young Imperial. The shaking set back in and Lerexus was frozen as the crazed Orc charged him and tackled him right through the wall.

Things went black, and he didn't awake until several hours later in a pile of bloody rags outside of the shop. When he managed to gain his vision, he could see his family's legacy before him, in ruins. It hadn't been burned, but it was nearly torn to the ground. Although he was in a vast amount of pain, he hobbled up to his feet and limped as quickly as he could, his eyes consumed by tears. He hoped and prayed that his mother had not yet returned from her trip to gather ingredient, but his hope was soon banished to Oblivion. His initial sight was that of his mother, stripped of her clothes and hung in the doorway. Lerexus, in far too much shock to express any more emotion, took his mother down and took her inside, placing a sheet over her exposed body. His next sight would be his father, stripped of his armor down to his britches with his head stuck onto a pike next to his lifeless body.

Tears streamed down the young Imperial's face, but he felt numb. A tremendous mixture of depression and anger caused a break in his psyche. There was no use in searching the shop for any of his valuables. More of them must have come to completely plunder every treasure, even the paintings on the walls. Lerexus spent a bit of time wandering the area surrounding the Imperial City to gather his thoughts. All he knew was that he wanted to go away, far away; away from the Imperial City, and away from Cyrodiil. It was a haunting thought, leaving the only home he'd ever known, but it was not a home any longer without his family.

He eventually happened upon a cart that could take him as far as Skyrim. All Lerexus knew of the frozen tundra was that it was the home of the Nords. He hadn't met many Nords in his life, aside from his one trip to Bruma and a couple in the city. Without giving it much thought, the desperate man gave his only bit of coin to the traveler and set out to begin a new life. The only thing that remained on his mind was his brother, Xander, who’d ventured out a week prior to Anvil. They would likely never meet again.

Cannabyss

Oh no worries, I've already delved into your journals, my friend. Very well done if I do say so myself. I had to finish catching up on Hrisskar but when I've got a free moment I'll have to bring myself up to date on yours. Thank you for the input.

Cannabyss

So for anyone to come upon this thread, I apologize. I was in over my head when creating this and had a bit of free time on my hands. In reality, I work full time and live with my girlfriend who hates video games. I hardly have enough time to play Skyrim for fun let alone keep a journal. And my limited time makes it difficult for me to stick to restrictions. Thank you Wooly for inspiring me, but I fail.

Cannabyss

YOU need to post, ha ha. I need my Hrisskar fix. I check your thread about once an hour in hopes of a journal entry.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Why does the writing look... robotic? Nevertheless, it's looking very interesting.

Cannabyss

Well, thank you...? But unfortunately I won't be continuing, I simply don't have the time to keep it up. I'd be able to post maybe once or twice a week, and people would lose interest. So I just don't see the point.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts