• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I was in a hurry to get to the Jarl in Whiterun, and I used the Whilrwind Sprint shout. A guard stopped me and asked me to stop shouting in the town as it was disrupting the townspeople. He said if I did it again he would have to take me to jail. Very odd. Has anyone else had this happen?

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
No, I've never seen that. Then again I rarely shout in town.

Maybe the guard used to be Dragonborn like you until he took an... you know what, I can't do it. I'm sorry.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Guards from time to time will have a word with you regarding shouting in public. Regardless of your response though, they will never become hostile or take you to jail (unless of course you use the shout on them).

It's actually worth shouting in Holds because you will get messages from 'A Friend' passed on by a courier from time to time. These messages give you locations of Word Walls (you may have discovered some before however).

Forumate

I always seem to hit the shout button by mistake when ever I'm in town. I've had to pay off so many bounties I thought about getting some speech perks.​

theoduck

If persimmons approach, Khajiit will smell them.
I cooperated with a guard in solitude out of respect for the Jarl (her husband died by shout).

Now ALL OF MY SHOUTS ARE DISABLED!

Another Game-Killer bug. Thanks!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've had this happen plenty of times, usually in whiterun. I try to be respectful to the guards, but shouting in a populated area is a great way to get notes from your "mysterious friend" telling you to find the "source of power"(Word wall) in various dungeons.

Useful when you're trying to learn all the words to every thu'um.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
This happens to me all the time. I use Clear Skies a lot because the game looks 100x better when it's sunny, so guards are always chastising me about shouting.

This happens to everyone who shouts in cities. Don't worry, they never throw you in jail. They just act like that to you because they're afraid of your power (At least I think so.)

theoduck

Fine. Maybe you missed my subtlety before. ALL SHOUTING IS DISABLED! I cannot even equip a shout now. It doesn't matter where I am. They are greyed out.

If there is no way to turn them back on, I might be through with Skyrim and unwilling to buy Dawnguard. I have spent an embarrassing number of hours playing. The Aretino bug was annoying to discover at level 40, but having this happen at level 63 is likely to turn me off to the game entirely unless there is a console command to fix it. So far google turns up nada.

Fine. Maybe you missed my subtlety before. ALL SHOUTING IS DISABLED! I cannot even equip a shout now. It doesn't matter where I am.

If there is no way to turn them back on, I might be through with Skyrim and unwilling to buy Dawnguard. I have spent an embarrassing number of hours playing. The Aretino bug was annoying to discover at level 40, but having this happen at level 63 is likely to turn me off to the game entirely unless there is a console command to fix it. So far google turns up nada.
Restart the game, it usually works for me. I have experienced this glitch, too. Try to exit Skyrim, then play it again.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Guards from time to time will have a word with you regarding shouting in public. Regardless of your response though, they will never become hostile or take you to jail (unless of course you use the shout on them).

It's actually worth shouting in Holds because you will get messages from 'A Friend' passed on by a courier from time to time. These messages give you locations of Word Walls (you may have discovered some before however).
It is funny when you get the letter and its say you created quite the disturbance in (insert random bandit infested cave.

theoduck

Restart the game, it usually works for me. I have experienced this glitch, too. Try to exit Skyrim, then play it again.
That fixed it. Thanks!

I try to avoid using the console for anything, but I have had to a few times:

1. Most recently I used it to complete the Companions' Rescue Mission quest. I went to Broken Fang Cave and killed the vampires (very tough at level 22). Heimskr was not in the cage or the cave. I continued playing until now (level 63) hoping to find him wandering around somewhere. The quest marker showed him near the big giant/mammoth camp outside Whiterun, but no go.

2. I had to turn on God Mode at the end of The Break of Dawn because Meridia kept dropping me out of the sky to my death.

3. Turned on God Mode because the Spectral Dragon with the long-range carpet-bomb unresistable insta-kill (actually insta-multi-kill) breath weapon grounded behind the inn in Winterhold, where it enjoyed complete cover from arrows. Winterhold dragon fights are always challenging because the dragon will ground either behind the inn or atop the Archmage quarters, but this was definitely a Kobayashi Maru situation.

theoduck

Ah. Forgot how great these Companion quests are. I'm currently with Aela the non-fighting-shot-blocker. "Watch it there, sister!"

Rhubarb&Custard

Psh, I get these all the time. Most of the time it's when I'm messing about by Fus Ro Dahing stuff off tables. :p

theoduck

Psh, I get these all the time. Most of the time it's when I'm messing about by Fus Ro Dahing stuff off tables. :p
Don't we have telekinesis for that? Alteration doesn't start to get badass until about 75 skill level, but when it does... Wheee!

Rhubarb&Custard

Don't we have telekinesis for that? Alteration doesn't start to get badass until about 75 skill level, but when it does... Wheee!
Yeah, but it's fun to see it all just fly off the tables and scatter everywhere, especially when you can come back a day later and do it all over again. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts