That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Sabre Cats, Bears and Dragons... Oh My!

When you chase the dragon for 15 minutes with the dragon music playing and it roars at you but it wont land :mad:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The awkward and kind of sad moment when Lydia died, and you turn around expecting her to be there to "carry your burdens". :sadface:

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
The awkward and anger-inducing moment when you are trying to get from Solitude to Korvanjund and, the first time, you have a slight and infinitesimally brief power surge that is just enough to reset the game somehow (and you hadn't saved since the Wreck of the Brinehammer), and the second time you make it all the way to where the troops are gathered only to be killed by a pair of Ice Wraiths you'd lured there. And it takes forever.

THIS, I think, is the real reason why I side Stormcloak. Windhelm to Korvanjund is far less treacherous than Solitude to Korvanjund. Not to mention much closer.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
That awkward moment at the Bee and Barb when Bolli finally admits he had an affair with Haelga, but insists she must've put something into his drink to force him into it... and Haegla is sitting across the table from him, both of them holding a mug of mead.

Skyrimosity

That awkward moment when you take a swing at a nearly-dead draugr near the end of Labyrinthian and your follower (who's very near death) runs directly in front of your Dagger (Mehrunes' Razor) and takes the kill shot. *sigh* reload.

bulbaquil

That awkward moment when Balgruuf is conferring with his advisors regarding Ulfric's ultimatum, when the conversation is interrupted by the squabbling of his children, who are standing literally three feet from Irileth and discussing the equally weighty issues of how long it takes to make a dress and who is the more spoiled child.

bulbaquil

That awkward moment when you realise your character took an arrow to the knee and spend a good half hour seriously debating whether that's a game given signal (level 72 and done all the main questlines) for giving up adventuring and starting a new file...

You decide that it is, and then spend another half hour trying to decide which city your old character will be a guard in.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
The awkward moment when your friends obsession with a Skyrim character makes conversations you have weird.

Slick

That awkward moment when, after a drunken night of debauchery with the fellas, you go home to your lovely wife Ysolda, only to find out that you bought a wedding ring from her to give to another woman!
Someone isn’t getting the Lover’s Comfort bonus for a while...

cebo

that awkward moment after finally finding the labyrinth maze after several visits :\ now way it was there ??

That awkward (all too familiar) moment: engaged in a massive melee, barely any magika or health left and you conduct the most brilliant sword/dagger combination attack on the last foe, only to realize too late, it is your follower.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
That awkward moment when you managed to fight your way through a massive (treasure-filled) barrow and have loaded down Lydia with loot...then you step outside, get attacked by wolves and watch the dumb bimbo die. All those draugr couldn't take her down, but three wolves and she's done for? :eek: That sucks! Now you have to go to Breezehome, unload all your goods, then travel back there to loot her body. Dang it! Where do I sign up for a competent follower!

bulbaquil

When you are doing the Rescue for Fort Neugrad, and are attempting to sneak into the fort via the underwater entrance on a character in full heavy armor and zilch in Sneak.

You're doing pretty well, and are just about at the lake, when your sneak indicator turns to full eye open and stays there even when you stop moving. There at the entrance to the lake, with no way around, is a person. I'm like, did a Stormcloak somehow get over there? But then I slink closer, expecting "Failed: Sneak into the fort / Free the prisoners / Take over the fort" to show up at the top of my screen any moment now, and it's an Imperial captain, who can clearly see me, but seems not to mind.

"Clearly this is just an off-duty soldier out for a midnight swim in the lake, being sneaky just for the Oblivion of it. Stormcloaks? What Stormcloaks? There is no possible way this could be some stealthy Stormcloak trap. Inconceivable. By all means, sir, please proceed to the lake."

Possible explanation: I have Voice of the Sky active right now; earlier there were hired thugs outside of Whiterun who refused to attack me until I actually talked to them.

Dallas-Arbiter

That awkward moment when you realize you're swimming in The Sea of Ghosts. It's barely above freezing, yet nothing happens to your character. Thankfully there's a mod for that.

IpmaN

That awkward moment when you're a feet away from entering your house in Whiterun, a Whiterun Guard/NPC close to your character starts to talk none sense...

Loading screen appears...

You're inside the house and all of a sudden the Whiterun Guard/NPC continues to talk none sense! Damn! What the hell are you doing inside my HOUSE!!! Get the freaking out of HERE!!! :mad:

Neriad13

Premium Member
That awkward moment when you're a feet away from entering your house in Whiterun, a Whiterun Guard/NPC close to your character starts to talk none sense...

Loading screen appears...

You're inside the house and all of a sudden the Whiterun Guard/NPC continues to talk none sense! Damn! What the hell are you doing inside my HOUSE!!! Get the freaking out of HERE!!! :mad:

I've had that annoying little girl, Braith, Olfrid Battle-Born, Nazeem and a few other unsavory characters follow me into my house too and insist on finishing their sentences.