That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
That awkward moment when Camilla says "Stop That!" while you're killing the Frost Dragon that has just laid waste to 1/2 the town and a third of the citizens. If she does it again I'm gonna disarm and punch her (of course I'd probably kill her at my level and that would be good).

You arrive in Whiterun after fast travelling from Riverwood and you know the residents are thinking "the lazy so and so, it's not that far, couldn't you be bothered to walk?"

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
That moment when you first meet Brynjolf and he is telling the crowd that his Falmer Blood Elixir will make you make love like a sabre cat. How does Brynjolf know how sabre cats mate haha, there's no national geographic in skyrim! Must be a hobby of his.

tonj

Master of Distraction
That awkward moment when...

Sapphire pisses you off enough to punch her in the face with your bow, repeatedly, then follows you into the Bee and Barb and narcs you out to Brynjolf resulting in a bar brawl, and a quest from people who now attack you on site.

students at the college will no longer follow and openly declare their dislike of you, the Arch Mage, after you lure the only female student at the college to the Shrine of Boethiah for some sacrificing.

Daelon DuLac

That awkward moment when you soul trap a bandit and don't have a soul gem large enough.
What does that mean anyhow? I have lesser, common, great and grand and none of them are large enough? What do I need? A basketball? He's a bandit, how grand can he be?

Reactions: Vex

tonj

Master of Distraction
What does that mean anyhow? I have lesser, common, great and grand and none of them are large enough? What do I need? A basketball? He's a bandit, how grand can he be?

Only Black soul gems or the Black star can hold the souls of people. It's supposed to be kind of forbidden, ya know taking someone's soul to enchant like +1 light armor to something haha.

Daelon DuLac

Only Black soul gems or the Black star can hold the souls of people. It's supposed to be kind of forbidden, ya know taking someone's soul to enchant like +1 light armor to something haha.
Ah! That makes sense. Now I just need to steel that damned jewel back from the stupid elf that wants me to go in and kill that mage. Either that or find some more black soul gems. Hmmm... where! Oh! I know... hmmm....

Daelon DuLac

that awkward moment when a guard runs up to you and says "a guard might get nervous of a man who approaches with his sword drawn" while you are in the middle of fighting a dragon
I get that every time I fight a dragon in a city or town. Stupid guards. Plus - why aren't you helping me?!?

Daelon DuLac

that awkward moment when you go back to Breezehome after midnight and find Lydia and Iona (your wife) sitting in your bedroom together ... ladies?
By the way. Why does Lydia get a door and I don't?

Daelon DuLac

...you walk into the Blue Palace at night, wake up Jarl Elisif in her private chamber and in a low voice, with a crooked smile, ask her if she likes your outfit.
Oh, that is too hilareous! At least I waited until court was in session to do it, but that would have been priceless.

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
I wish i had this on video. I travelled to Kolskeggr mine in the reach to get gold ore, and the two friendly npc's were running that are their because it was under attack by forsworn again. So i helped kill them but unfortunately one of the miners died. Not even lying, 10 seconds after the battle a courier shows up with a letter of inheritance...

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
By the way. Why does Lydia get a door and I don't?
You do, there is a door to the players bedroom in Breezhome. Though after I open it the first time it stays that way, I ain't closing it.

Daelon DuLac

You do, there is a door to the players bedroom in Breezhome. Though after I open it the first time it stays that way, I ain't closing it.
Actually, that's Lydia's room. Mine is the open one with the chest in it. Weird really. And I can't seem to get Lydia to do anything but stand in her room or berate me from the top of the stairs. I'm looking forward to sacrificing her.

Two Bears

Ack. Don't get me started on Lydia and Breezehome. I buy the house, unlock the door and she comes running up to accost me, asking in a snarky tone if she can help me. Uh yeah, you can help me by telling me how you got in here and why your room is the only one furnished. I'm the master of the house, shouldn't my room be finished first? And the planks; apparently the carpenters of Whiterun have never attended a trade school or even watched an episode of This Old House, because there are massive gaps between all the floorboards. Do the Whiterun building contractors only hire 10-year-olds? This is all made worse by the fact that my bedroom, where incidentally Lydia spends 97% of her time sitting and eating, is directly above the central hearth. That means that I'm choking on smoke all night.

Combine the shoddy construction with the fact that the Jarl doesn't get along with one of the most prominent clans in the city, the patriarch of which is a major player in the town's mercenary organization and the underlying discontent between groups of haves and have-nots and it only takes a stiff breeze to turn Whiterun into Rapture. So, yeah, I avoid that city.

Bad-People

Actually, that's Lydia's room. Mine is the open one with the chest in it. Weird really. And I can't seem to get Lydia to do anything but stand in her room or berate me from the top of the stairs. I'm looking forward to sacrificing her.
Seriously, both rooms have a door. Lydia may have opened it before you went up there, she seems to spend a lot of time in my room eating at the table. Look closely.

Daelon DuLac

Seriously, both rooms have a door. Lydia may have opened it before you went up there, she seems to spend a lot of time in my room eating at the table. Look closely.
My Breezehome just has the main floor, a stair up to the second. A room (Lydia's) immediately to the left with a door and a loft space where my bed & chest is. That's it.
Of course Lyd's is complaining that I need to decorate, but I figure, why? I'm almost never there (except to store and sleep) and she's already decorated her room so, why waste the money. I was up to about 10 folks hangin' with me last week, but, somehow they're all gone now... Oh wait, they all died on quests (or, in the case of one guy, at the hands of a Whispwife).

Bad-People

Decorate you bedroom and whalah! (I don't know how to spell whalah)

Daelon DuLac

Decorate you bedroom and whalah! (I don't know how to spell whalah)
But I don't want to spend 2000 on my bedroom! Like I said - I just sleep there occassionally and drop my crap off. That's it. I'm really not interested in a social life in Whiterun. They're just boring. Okay, except for the guy that wants to have a drinking contest. He's a pain.

Bad-People

A: You're the one who was talking about not having a door.
B: The drinking contest guy can actually show up in other places.

That awkward moment when you have an extended conversation about the existence of a door.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts