Thalmor Embassy is locked during Diplomatic Immunity

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Superquark

I've followed the quest progression to the letter as far as I can tell (I've completed this quest before with no problems on a previous playthrough). After taking the carriage to the embassy, I am unable to gain access - the door is locked and marked as requiring a key to open. I've reloaded various saves and I have the same problem every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Talk to the Thalmor Guards standing around, they will ask to see your invitation.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Try reloading to where you meet Delphine after giving your gear to Malborn then proceed from there.

S

SynnerLarkie

i hate this fluffing quest. same thing happened to me.. i gimped my way into there by jumping on the horse over the wall on the left side... youtube it and you will see how to do it.. but you still cant go back into that main room and more than likely you gimped your main quest the same way i did.. bet ya a buck or two that the dude doesnt show up in the jail cell. this quest is actually the reason i quit the game.

Superquark

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, I've tried reloading several times, both from where you recommend, and further back. I also placed all quest weapons in my inventory onto weapons racks in case that was causing a problem getting in or something. I'm 99% sure I haven't killed anyone in the embassy grounds - I knew from a previous playthrough that I couldn't get in so this time I didn't bother going in at all. Ironically, I think I did kill everyone on my first playthrough, and had no problem with the quest... I'll have a look at the workaround, thanks... Otherwise, thats my level 62 character stalled in the main quest lol The main questline wasn't so important to me this time around, because I completed it early last time, but its still gonna leave me without shouts/weapons/etc... Plus it really p*sses me off lol

Superquark

He's the one sitting on a bale insisting I go in first, and talkin about being thoroughly insensible right lol? I'm just reloading now - pretty sure he's there, and yes I have the invitation.

Superquark

Ah that might explain it... I read somewhere tho that the door guard is a re-spawning character, and several people have tried to recreate this problem by killing everyone, and had no problem getting in... I might wait a while and try again. Not sure what else to do lol

Superquark

Ah that might explain it... I read somewhere tho that the door guard is a re-spawning character, and several people have tried to recreate this problem by killing everyone, and had no problem getting in... I might wait a while and try again. Not sure what else to do lol

I'm gonna try visiting the embassy outside the quest, to see if it triggers the guards to respawn, or maybe they'll already be there. Its gotta be worth a try.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Starting to wonder if the Embassy got attacked by a Dragon at some point....

You might wait 30 in-game days and see if it fixes the problem, I would suggest just using the wait option instead of actually playing out the 30 days though....

That's going to be one loooooooooong party!

Superquark

Well I visited the Embassy, waited a few days, and then resumed the quest. Now theres NO-ONE there lmao No wizards, no soldiers, and definitely no door guard... Had my hopes up there too lol

Zenakarou

i have this problem too i tried using tcl to get in that worked but the guy that is suppose to cause the distraction isnt there im soo confuseed!!!

Zenakarou

i've found out a way to get past this okay so if youre on pc use the console by pressing ` and then type in tcl then go around to the other door on the side and go downstairs then put tcl off talk to the guy that flirts with the wench/waitress and then done you can do what normally happens :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts