Tamriel in relation to the real world?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
If this has been discussed before please remove it.

I've noticed the various accents of the races of tamriel in skyrim. It can be assumed the Nords are a representation of Vikings that were around in our world. Redguards are a mixture of Egyptian/Persian sort of people. What are your assumptions about each of the races?

kid cutrr

well im pretty sure there were never any cat people or elves that roamed this world so my guess would be that bethesda made up the races for mystical gameplay

Lycan

Forest Crawler
well im pretty sure there were never any cat people or elves that roamed this world so my guess would be that bethesda made up the races for mystical gameplay
Haha of course they did but the racial traits they display or the area they come from may be based on a real world population of people

Yeah, I think Tamriel is in very much relation with the real world, more than other fantasy worlds.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Something that interested me was when I met a travelling dark elf he had an Aussie accent. Being an Australian myself it caught my attention...

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Well i compare the imperials to the imperialists from britians imperial reign before the first great war
Nords seem Irish the only thing theyre missing is the accent but im Irish and i have barely any accent
The khajiits remind me of egyptians
The Orcs sound like Krogans from ME3
The Redgaurds are like civilized africans(Pre-great war)
The thalmer or however its spelled Sound Nazi.
And the bretons sound french.

Thats all i've gathered so far but good question.