Suggestions for The Elder Scrolls 6

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Elsweyr would me my preference. I love Khajiits. Followed by Argonians then Bosmer.
I always wonder why people say Elsweyr. I agree that I find Khajits fascinating but I know so little of their history. Besides, wouldn't deserts get boring after a while?

I would love to go through the whole Bosmer thing though. Migrating trees! I can't even imagine that. :)

Toxius

Frost Wolf
I'll start by saying that Skyrim is my first TES game, that may skew my perspective somewhat. That said, one of the great things is the "lore" - the fact that this takes place in a mostly consistent and realistic environment. Smoothing those out and increasing the immersive aspects would be great. Frankly, I want to think about inventory management (where does this person keep all this stuff), food, water, sleep, weather conditions etc. A larger variety of weapons and armor and some individuality would also be great. Magic needs something doing to it - perhaps by increasing the roleplaying aspects of the game then magic itself can become a little less combat focussed.

My one major thing however, coming back to the immersion aspect, would be a more dynamic world - changing situations, storylines that move without player input ("remember that amulet I asked you to get? You took so long I asked someone else to do it"), an urgency and some real impact of decisions. Make it so not everything is possible (only joining one faction, perhaps?) or even desirable.

Actually they could do something similar to Morrowind guilds (It was immerse, lots of quests, you could be an enemy of another guild and all that. Easy to research it) , but just improve on the system.
Magic changed, at least from the previous games. This system does focus more on combat then the others. Arena was the Tes game with the Endless randomly generated World, Apart from all the cities which was handcrafted. This Immersed you in the Size of the TES world but then they scaled everything down to "avoid" only using fast travel.
Thieves Guild quest needs to go back to the time where you are actually a thief, and not on a quest for another person's personal vengeance/redemption.
Dynamic World, They can only do that to an certain extend to which the game limits. Also that means those random quests you hear from strangers on your journeys you would have to do as soon as you hear them to not miss out on it. The possibility of failing the Main quest? Now that would be something worthwhile.
Rping the struggling hero that either gives up in the last moment, or in the end doesn't have enough strength. Although, it would destroy the scene for normal rping hunters, looters, priests for if you don't want to attempt the Mq. Another issue would be leveling, per say. What if you attempt it at a too low level that even hp potions don't help and you need to go level up more, what time period is given to ensure that it moves or is it truly dynamic and changes as you even journey to the quest. Do they even get stronger as dabble in your alchemy and enchanting?

Oh well, what ever they don't include (or make worse) there are always mods for that.

Annageckos

I say Elsweyr because my favorite race are the Khajiits, followed by Nords. I wouldn't find deserts boring in the least. There is a lot more to them then many people think. But from what I have read Elsweyr has much more then just sandy deserts. Part of it is arid badlands and it also has sub tropical forest. The southern portion of the map is coastline. But I agree, Bosmer would be fun too. I love the outdoors. Being in the forest would be a lot of fun.

I always wonder why people say Elsweyr. I agree that I find Khajits fascinating but I know so little of their history. Besides, wouldn't deserts get boring after a while?

I would love to go through the whole Bosmer thing though. Migrating trees! I can't even imagine that. :)

MostHighHonor

This is a thread dedicated to us, the players of The Elder Scrolls, to make any suggestions for the next game in the series. These can be anything! From when ur using two swords and they' re sheathed, you wish they would show two swords, to a main conflict ( such as the storcloak rebellion in skyrim, I'd think it would be cool if it was in valenwood/elsweyer and u could join the thalmor) and maybe a setteing. Hopefully this thread becomes huge and I hope people come up with lots of cool ideas. Maybe Bethesda will use some!

Thanks for making this forum buddy.

I am a hardcore fan of the Elder Scrolls series. I am always waiting for the next one on the list. Bethesda does great. I have to say that I am always pleased with their final products. I only have one really solid request that i feel would improve the game for everyone.

1. Customization in your armor. I loved the making your own armor in Skyrim, but it only offers types. If Bethesda designed the ability to stretch and Screw with the size and shapes of armor that would be epic and no one else does it. Sure color changing does a little to make things unique but if they gave you the ability to push one side in and stretch another spot up on a separate screen like their current side screen when forming armor that would be awesome. And you would see some truly different players across the board which we ALL would love.

2. I know this one is much more difficult but if they can figure it out that would be great. To design armor improvement to be as a result of you as the player making a careful piece of armor. Actually bring skill into it rather than just making it a numbers game. That one was just a personal preference and I get that not all players would like that.

Love you guys and you guys have a forever fan in me.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
How will the next game explain who won the civil war, or whether the Emperor was assasinated? The obvious solution would be to jump so far into the future that nobody seems to remember or care, I suppose. Mind you, what did they do for the Mass Effect games if someone played the second or third game first?
Anyway, on to the suggestions.
Hammerfell. Not too mysterious a region so that the game would spoil it, but interesting enough (with its own take on the divines, and other ways of life).
So long as it wasn't empty, I dont mind the deserts. Plenty of oppurtunity for ruins and the sort. Also, this land has a history with the Dominion, so maybe we could do a continuation of the Thalmor and their conquest to dominate.
Regarding Valenwood and Elsweyr, arent they both quite small? I suppose you could have both of them, but then woulden't a world full of Khajiit and Bosmer be really strange? Especially if you didn't belong to one of these races?
Now the story. Though I have never properly played the game, Oblivion sounds as though it had a better MQ than Skyrim, especially as there was a political element involved. Large battles would be great, and I'm sure PC/Nest gen consoles could handle them. The other problem with Skyrim: Sneak characters didnt feel fitting for fighting Dragons. Lets have a main threat that can be contered equally by any playstyle. Again, politic-based MQ would work here. Also, a chance to choose an evil side in the main story, maybe even become the Antagonist, would be epic!

MostHighHonor

oh buddy that's good! That would be awesome to have the ability to become the Antagonist. They could have a game enemy and then you have the ability to eclipse him by your game play and then defeat another champion story line. It would be epic!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
In effect all that i think they need to add to Elder Scrolls is the ability to shape your armor when you make it.
Or, even have different versions of most armors. For instance, why would all dwarven armor look identical, when there are different individuals smithing it? The general pattern could be similar, but advanced smiths would be able to add their own embellishments. Same goes for weapon design.

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
I definitely would like it to take place in Valenwood or Elsweyr. I adore the Khajiit, but I don't feel like I know them OR the Argonians as well as the other races. I agree that the armor customization needs an upgrade as well as a more consequential story line. I'm dying for a game to be as good as Skyrim, but more immersive. I want to be able to not only get married, but kiss and hug my spouse. I want to buy whatever property I like, not just what the Jarl says is ok. I want my character to look more feminine and be able to wear feminine armors or even sexier armor and be just as strong as my manly amazon warrior chick in heavy armor. I also wish that they would hurry up and make Skyrim's DLC free or deeply discounted. I am a poor country momma and these games are my ME time while the kids are at school and the hubby is at work. I desperately NEED Dragonborn and Dawngaurd!!!! Wow forgive me, I ended up rambling again......

MostHighHonor

In effect all that i think they need to add to Elder Scrolls is the ability to shape your armor when you make it.
Or, even have different versions of most armors. For instance, why would all dwarven armor look identical, when there are different individuals smithing it? The general pattern could be similar, but advanced smiths would be able to add their own embellishments. Same goes for weapon design.

I agree with you there as well. That would make things more customizable. I have a question about what you are saying though.

Are you saying that for example you are a human but you are outfitted with say Orc armor. Based on the way your playing, level of blacksmithing, etc that you can have options of adjusting that armor to a certain look that you have opened up according to your unique character or even race? Or would there be many options across the board for everyone?

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

I agree with you there as well. That would make things more customizable. I have a question about what you are saying though.

Are you saying that for example you are a human but you are outfitted with say Orc armor. Based on the way your playing, level of blacksmithing, etc that you can have options of adjusting that armor to a certain look that you have opened up according to your unique character or even race? Or would there be many options across the board for everyone?
I was thinking that there would be more options across the board, for instance there would be several different styles of orc gauntlets, several different boots etc., all would be orc armor, and therefore have similar attributes, (even the attributes could vary somewhat in terms of weight and defense). You could have an advanced orc set that is more elaborate and slightly better than a basic orc set, it would also be a bit more expensive and probably require a higher smithing skill. Also, Argonians would require specially made helmets to accommodate their horns and head shapes. It'd make things less convenient for Argonian characters, but this could be offset somewhat by the fact that Argonians should have a higher base armor rating due to their reptilian hides and hard skulls.

Parselmagic

I would love the option to become a true antagonist in the main quest and the faction quests. Dawnguard tried, but you never have the option to follow Harkon's plan and sacrifice Serana or Valerica.

Sneaking should be toned down. No amount planning should allow a heavy armor user to be as good at sneaking as a light armor user. And it would be cool if after being hit, enemies wouldn't just go back to what they're doing. It could be as simple as them staying in aggression/searching mode and walking around the area like the thalmor embassy quest, the part where the thief is chained up.

You need to earn your title as guildmaster. I don't think this needs an explanation.

There needs to be something done with magic. Again, don't need too much of an explanation here.

As for location, all we can do is guess. Skyrim, Cyodiil, and Morrowind are unlikely when they've already been covered. True the regions can change but there's so many places that haven't been explored at all. So even though a minority of fans have played Daggerfall, they might avoid the High Rock area as well. I for one am hoping for a non-human province. The Summerset Isles are a possibility, as its the heart of the Aldmeri Dominion. They could have a full human vs elf war thing going on, which has been building up over the past couple games. Really, I'll be happy as long as they stay in Tamriel. It seems silly to go to another continent when there's so much on this continent fans haven't fully explored.