• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travis

So, is the story really important to you guys in the Elder Scrolls games? I played a lot of Oblivion, but all I could tell you about the story was the general plot line (Spoilers for Oblivion)
Hell gates are opening, the emperor had a dream I would save the world, I go into the gates and learn to close them, I close a bunch of them, then I close the most important one, and fight the main guy who is opening them (I think), and then the world is saved.

That is literally all I remember of the story. Is the story really important to you? Or just just tangential to exploration and interaction with the world and it's people?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
well, the story is important depending on how you make out of it. honestly, from a superficial point of view, oblivion main plot does sound lame. but if you understand the lore (how oblivion and nirn works, the covenant between gods, the history of empire, etc...) you realize how important this event is.

Travis

well, the story is important depending on how you make out of it. honestly, from a superficial point of view, oblivion main plot does sound lame. but if you understand the lore (how oblivion and nirn works, the covenant between gods, the history of empire, etc...) you realize how important this event is.
Maybe that was my problem, I just didn't understand enough about the lore. I am trying to read some of the links that were posted earlier so it makes more sense in Skyrim. I want those little details to click, so that I can fully appreciate the game.

nick

the story is a major importance to me, and to i believe it is important to besthsteda, (hope i spelled that right) other wise they wouldn't have spent 6-7 years developing one, but what really adds to the game is the fact it's not just the story, their are hundreds of side quests and caves and towns and other stuff to explore so overall, i think their both just as equally important, i mean if i just wanted a halfed assed story i would buy dead soul/dark soul or whatev it's called

nick

Maybe that was my problem, I just didn't understand enough about the lore. I am trying to read some of the links that were posted earlier so it makes more sense in Skyrim. I want those little details to click, so that I can fully appreciate the game.
check up wikipedia, lots of stuff on lore their

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Story is important in almost every game, the Elder Scrolls series in particular. If the game had no story, I doubt many people would play it (or at least for long) just for mindless killing. :/

The story is important to me but what really dragged me in was all the side missions, the arena for example was a biggie for me. Also the invisible man, that's the type of stuff that drags me into a game, just the mass amounts of side missions that create an amazing world

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts