Spoiler Stormcloak or Legion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chryss

I joined the stormcloaks because I didn't like the fact that the Imperials wanted to execute me. They didn't care that my name wasn't on the list, just kill her. ppffftttt I don't think so...
I enjoyed running my Great Sword through Legate Riki. It was a glorious moment for me in Skyrim.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
All depends, my Nord went Stormcloak, and my Bosmer is currently going Imperial...really up to the what feels right

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Stormcloaks are racist pigs. Kill the lot of them - from a Khajiit.

I dunno, I find it hard to really make sense of either of them, the stormcloaks aren't all that racist (except the dick out front of windhelm), the dark elves don't really live in slums (it's those plops banners they put up, take them down and the place is indistinguishable from the rest of windhelm) the kahjiit don't even enter cities they are allowed to enter (and even if the imperials don't outright hold anything against he khajiit they know better than to leave them unguarded) even if given a choice the argonians would probably stay near the docks anyway, and most people don't like argonians on the basis that there culture is pretty barbaric, and even elves know better than to trust elves, if the only fault of the stormcloaks is there racism than I fail to see any real problem, they just take precautions (rightfully so). and the whole "ulfric just wants power" thing is rediculous, I have never seen ulfric make a power grab, I have never seen him do anything to make it seem like all he cares about is power, sure he wants to sit on the throne (who doesn't?) but his intentions are generally admirable, not to mention that his motivations are irrelevant, the effect he has is posative either way.

than you have the imperials, they enforce their rules on people who don't need them (the stormcloak guards make this point) and they oppress the beliefs and cultures of the nords without fully understanding how deep (and why) it's like that, they are just as racist to the nords as the nords are to everybody else, the difference is that they can hide behind their laws and "justice", they also seem intent on letting the thalmor destroy them from the inside out. on the other hand there principle is true and a lot of them have a true belief that the people of tamriel need to stand under the same banner, they are at least trying to combat the thalmor, even if they suck at it, they bring good business to other places allied to them (mostly through trade and politics), and if they took a step back and stopped being so controlling you would find that they would do a world of good.

In the end the only characters I have that would go imperial is my khajiit brawler (he's crazy and loves the prestige, and stylish uniforms, it has nothing to do with racism) and my orcish warrior (he's never had any plops from the empire and owes them his livelihood, and he blames the stormcloaks for some plops that was ultimately not their fault). and in my personal opinion the stormcloaks are the best option, of they established their own rule in skyrim, returned it to nordic control and then approached the empire with a proposition of alliance than they could form a long lasting partnership that could very well rip apart the thalmor, because the empire aren't the kind to hold a grudge, and more than likely would be happy to at least attempt a resolution with skyrim, they do like their politics, and the stormcloaks ONLY issue with the empire is their control over skyrim, once they get kicked out they all of a sudden have no reason to hate each other.

Tl;dr: unless you're character has a specific reason to go empire (such as being thalmor or having had past altercations with the stormcloaks) than go stormcloak, it's ultimately the best option for skyrim AND the empire.

saffers101

I chose Legion, I was about to be stromcloaks but just before I was going to sign up, I found out they were racist so then I noticed that if the stormcloaks win, Skyrim would be in a terrible state, so I chose legion

Chryss

I chose Legion, I was about to be stromcloaks but just before I was going to sign up, I found out they were racist so then I noticed that if the stormcloaks win, Skyrim would be in a terrible state, so I chose legion

I don't see where or how the Stormcloaks are racist. When my Wood Elf went to join the Stormcloaks, She was asked specifically why does an elf want to join us, her reply was, because its my home. That was good enough and after the test, which is the same that is given to any new recruit. she was accepted and grew in the rans to being Officer and stood by Ulfrics side.

If the Stormcloaks were truly racist, none of that would have happened. She would have been offered a crappy shack instad of a nice house and she would never become an Officer. So, sorry if I dont see the racism. I believe that all they want is loyalty and the freedom to pray to Talos and be willing to fight and die for those rights.

With that said, after doing Diplomatic Immunity *SPOILER* and reading Ulfric's book, a few things were made perfectly clear. If I remember it correctly and understood it, the Thalmar are playing both sides of the fence. which means this whole war is not about either side, its all about the Thalmar, their power and their control of Tamriel.

Just how I see it.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Well when the impirials tried making a rug out of me that was a no no. From then on I went on to being a stormcloack assassin.

Neriad13

Premium Member
A funny thing happened to me. I did one playthrough as an Imperial and decided to do another one as a Stormcloak. I made a character specifically to become a Stormcloak, eventually made it to Windhelm and...just couldn't bring myself to join Ulfric. Whatever I do, I just can't support what the Stormcloaks stand for or lend aid to a petty, destructive rebellion. I'm an Imperial to the core no matter what I try to do. I think that Ulfric is destroying Skyrim by rebelling, that a peaceful secession from the Empire could have happened had he been more patient. I agree with a lot of what the man has to say and have a great deal of respect for him. In fact, I think that he's one of the best-written characters in the game. When I killed him as an Imperial, it made me really sad. And yet...I cannot support his cause.

masyaf456

I always go Imperial. Even as a Nord I go Imperial. The Stormcloaks are trying to secede from an Empire that was forced to be cruel to them by the Thalmor. They tried to execute me, but Skyrim needs a strong guiding hand what with the dragons and all. If the Stormcloaks were the only army in Skyrim, they'd be slaughtered.
Also I didn't enjoy the Stormcloak questline, but you should try both and see which one best suits your character. Although at the beginning as a Stormcloak you have to go to some island and fight an ice wraith to prove your worth, whereas if you're an Imperial you have to butcher a fort-full of bandits. The Imperial test is MUCH easier. *Sarcasm*

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
........ There is stickied thread for this. And you can't join both.

masyaf456

I don't see where or how the Stormcloaks are racist. When my Wood Elf went to join the Stormcloaks, She was asked specifically why does an elf want to join us, her reply was, because its my home. That was good enough and after the test, which is the same that is given to any new recruit. she was accepted and grew in the rans to being Officer and stood by Ulfrics side.

If the Stormcloaks were truly racist, none of that would have happened. She would have been offered a crappy shack instad of a nice house and she would never become an Officer. So, sorry if I dont see the racism. I believe that all they want is loyalty and the freedom to pray to Talos and be willing to fight and die for those rights.

With that said, after doing Diplomatic Immunity *SPOILER* and reading Ulfric's book, a few things were made perfectly clear. If I remember it correctly and understood it, the Thalmar are playing both sides of the fence. which means this whole war is not about either side, its all about the Thalmar, their power and their control of Tamriel.

Just how I see it.
But they are racist: character interactions don't mean anything because almost all conversations are not affected by race, especially not in such important questlines like the Civil War.

J

Jeremius

Honestly, the war does not impact the character any, so leave it alone. People my yell at me, but that is my opinion, that the war does not mean anything to the overall plot of the game, Especially since the game has a "treaty option" that solve the problem for awhile.

masyaf456

Honestly, the war does not impact the character any, so leave it alone. People my yell at me, but that is my opinion, that the war does not mean anything to the overall plot of the game, Especially since the game has a "treaty option" that solve the problem for awhile.
That's true, but I guess that in the next TES you could import your saves so it does make a difference... at least I hope so

KittyTheKitty

So-Folik
I joined Stormies so I could get the bear pelt :D I'm not sure what armor they give you in the Imperial legion, looks like you get Dwarven armor.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I joined Stormies so I could get the bear pelt :D I'm not sure what armor they give you in the Imperial legion, looks like you get Dwarven armor.

You can get the Stormcloak Officer armor without even joining either side, just kill one of the officers. And you get Legionnaire armor with the Legion. Don't why you thought it was Dwarven.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts