Xbox 360 Still trying to get 'Purity'

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vidarr

Does anyone have a solid, proof-backed sense of the requirements for getting Farkas and/or Vilkas to offer their respective 'Purity' quests?

In particular, is it actually possible to get the quest after curing yourself of lycanthropy?
Does it have anything to do with the 'state' of the Glenmoril Witches heads in your inventory? (as in droppable or Quest-item) - I already know that they must be in your inventory.
Is there a particular number/order of quests to be completed before it becomes available?
I have spent ages doing endless radiant quests for Farkas and Vilkas to absolutely no avail.

On previous characters, I waited to cure myself until curing both Farkas and Vilkas - this is different.
I'm talking about whether or not it is possible to still cure the brothers after curing yourself (as in curing yourself right after finishing 'Glory of the Dead').
Wikis have not been very helpful.

Any help and clarification would be awesome.

JoeReese

I cure myself first every time, just in case. From reading the wikis in the past, I've come to believe this is a pretty buggy quest. You're correct about the witch heads having to be in your inventory at the time you approach Farkas or Vilkas. I believe (but cannot back up) that you can't have any other open Companions quests. That being said, when they are ready, your dialog options change. Instead of saying "I'm looking for work," you have something like "is there any work to be done?" That is what triggers them to tell you there is something of a personal nature.

The "bugs" section of the uesp offers some tips, which may help you. Save every time you're about to try something though.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Purity

Vidarr

Thanks for the reply,

The only other quests I have had active have been Main Quest, Civil War, and DLC.
I have been doing quest-after-quest-after-quest for the companions (mostly Farkas, in hopes of curing him first) -- but nothing.

Farkas has indeed changed from "I'm looking for work" to "Is there any work to be done?" on occasion.
The problem is, this dialogue option is also used for his 'Dragon Seeking' quests, of which I have now done many (every time it pops up, it has been a Dragon Seeking quest).

I have tried leaving and reentering the area to get him to cycle through the radiant quests he offers, but it's all the same old stuff & no purity.
I still have the Witch heads in my inventory and they are droppable (but then become quest items and undroppable).
Unfortunately, pretty much everything bug-related on the UESP page works under the assumption that you have at least been offered the quest (from Vilkas). I haven't even been able to get that far!

I'm glad to hear that you also cured yourself immediately after Kodlak, but that just makes me even more confused as to what could be preventing the quest from occurring for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts