PC Stealth Problems...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RuanStorm

I was pretty good at sneaking, and I was almost un-detectable with my invisibility potions and muffle shoes from the guild.

But I did the enchantment and potion back and forth so that my enchantments are over dosed, so now I got neck, hands, finger and feet, with 44% Sneak and 44% Pick Pocket each. Yet there is this emerald in this guys pocket that I need to get and when he was sleeping alone in his house it said 0%! This was even with a potion of pock picking. The worst thing is, I can't kill nobody without a bounty...I had to do that chick getting married, but even with super invisibilty, muffle spells and magic, even pushing the stone on her lead to 1000 bounty....i had to go werewolf on her.

Since then that emerald i gave up on, I have noticed now I get detected almost instantaneously when I get near people, if I can see them, then they can see me, even with the invisibility potion and muffled feet. I don't know what happened, cause I was great and I know there is a problem cause now I suck!

Is there a way to use the command code console to see what my detectable levels are?

Or is there some kind of "enable/disable" code I can do on me, like I do with Lydia?!?

I don't know what it could be, my full carry weight, the weight of my robes and bow, the fact the clothes have two enchantments or if there is some glitch, because the way it feels, I am getting -176 sneak instead of 176.

Ironclad

I was pretty good at sneaking, and I was almost un-detectable with my invisibility potions and muffle shoes from the guild.

But I did the enchantment and potion back and forth so that my enchantments are over dosed, so now I got neck, hands, finger and feet, with 44% Sneak and 44% Pick Pocket each. Yet there is this emerald in this guys pocket that I need to get and when he was sleeping alone in his house it said 0%! This was even with a potion of pock picking. The worst thing is, I can't kill nobody without a bounty...I had to do that chick getting married, but even with super invisibilty, muffle spells and magic, even pushing the stone on her lead to 1000 bounty....i had to go werewolf on her.

Since then that emerald i gave up on, I have noticed now I get detected almost instantaneously when I get near people, if I can see them, then they can see me, even with the invisibility potion and muffled feet. I don't know what happened, cause I was great and I know there is a problem cause now I suck!

Is there a way to use the command code console to see what my detectable levels are?

Or is there some kind of "enable/disable" code I can do on me, like I do with Lydia?!?

I don't know what it could be, my full carry weight, the weight of my robes and bow, the fact the clothes have two enchantments or if there is some glitch, because the way it feels, I am getting -176 sneak instead of 176.

Paul, is that you?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Looks like you broke your character by using the Fortify Restoration exploit to ridiculous proportions. Congratulations. :cool:

If you used the exploit then all your skills boosts and related issues should be equipment related. Try dumping all the equipment and using legitimately crafted and enchanted equipment. You can build an undetectable character with legitimate game mechanics using Alchemy, Enchanting and perks and quest gained abilities but you'll have to actually LTPTG if you haven't already.

RuanStorm

I am Matthew Ryan..not Paul.

Well I found through lots of testing that the biggest factor between being detected and not is the feet.

I took off my thieves guild muffle boots, for my 44% sneak boots, which is enough to make a character see me......even just by standing there. The invisability potion doesn't help with you got dwarven or ebony boots making all that sound..

But I think by taking away the boots and only having three appearel's with sneak/bow enhancements has also improved it.

My new question is, does muffle stack? Like my already enhanced muffle boots, with muffle magic?!

The only cheat I used was the player.addperk "item code" for all things thieves(Alchemy, Sneak, and Pickpocket), everything else was spent with hard earned level ups.

But I mainly exploted the fortify enhancement for "fortify alchemy", which I made 23%+ fortify enhancment for 4 pieces of clothing with double enhancements using grand souls.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...But I mainly exploted the fortify enhancement for "fortify alchemy", which I made 23%+ fortify enhancment for 4 pieces of clothing with double enhancements using grand souls.
Using Enchanting and Alchemy to make Fortification gear is not an exploit unless you're using the Fortify Restoration potion glitch to stack the Fortify Alchemy effects on gear to make potions that Fortify Enchanting more than 32% or Fortify Smithing more than 130%. If you didn't do that, and it doesn't seem like you did since your Fortify Sneak enchantments are only 44%, then it has nothing to do with your problems.

Player.addperk is glitchy. Using console commands in general for frivolous things like taking extra perks can break your character. Some of the perks wont give the full benefit of the perk, e.g. taking a Smithing perk sometimes only allows you to forge the armor but doesn't give the tempering bonus. Others do weird things if the perks are not added in order of the tree branch or if you don't have the required skill to take the perk. The bottom line is since you used the console command there's no way of knowing whether it adversely affected your character, in what exact way it did if it did so, and how to fix it.

RuanStorm

there was only only a few I did that was higher than my actual level...

I am sure I can remove the perk with player.removeperk "perk", cause I know that I only really used my real perks on mage stuff....the rest was cause I thought I wouldn't have enough perks left over to fill the thief stuff. Now that I have played, the mage perks aren't really things you can't get....like finding more gold, being more stealthy by X% and others which are not just "cheaper" or longer effects of already known skills.

I won't be able to undo the resurrect codes I did, but the rest can be...I will start with the perks I did for sneak..cause I am sure that must be the problem...cause my apparel was made legit.

RuanStorm

I undid all the "assassin perks", and added my stockpile of real perks, and it did the trick.

I did testing based off a video I saw where a guy was hidden behind the dude who hired me to kill the king.

I wasn't able to kill him without a bounty like in the video. After removing all the stats and re-adding with real perks in the Sneak Category, I was able to kill him silently with no bounty....now I should be able to kill more without anymore problems.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts