Starting out ..... messe dup mission already

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lizardisok

I follwed the Innkeeper to the secret attic room, and I raided all the potions. It seems now I can take anything from the entire Inn, does that sound like a good idea? So far nothing has steal on it

Lucid

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with taking everything that Delphine has down there. I suspect that most of us do.

JoeReese

If you mean Delphine, yes, you can take anything she has. Later on, if you don't do what she wants, it may change to steal, but as long as you're the dragonborn she's looking for, everything there is pretty much open to you. The blades sword on the wall, by the enchanter, is a nice weapon by the way. Elven quality with steel weight.

Lucid

Once you become friendly with a merchant or innkeeper, many of their items will no longer be marked with the "Steal" flag. I think it's limited to things worth 50-septims or less, but I could be wrong about that.

It becomes an easy way to get ingredients, mead and sweetrolls, if you're playing a character that doesn't mind cleaning out your friends. :cool:

But everything in Delphine's secret room is up for grabs, regardless of value.

JoeReese

Once you become friendly with a merchant or innkeeper, many of their items will no longer be marked with the "Steal" flag. I think it's limited to things worth 50-septims or less, but I could be wrong about that.

It becomes an easy way to get ingredients, mead and sweetrolls, if you're playing a character that doesn't mind cleaning out your friends. :cool:

You can always hook them up, when you become a more powerful, and filthy rich, dragonborn. :)

JoeReese

That's a totally different merchant than Delphine the innkeeper. Lucan rarely lets you take anything, even after you get his claw back. Neither does Belethor in Whiterun, but Arcadia will if you do her side quest. Take something from Farengar in Dragons Reach down to her.

lizardisok

I took a few things out of chests, he doesn't seem too mad. Still thanks me for helping him.

So do I take the horn back to the Greybeards or should I visit the dungeons first and put it there and then take it to Arngeir?

lizardisok

Return to the Ustengrav Depths and place the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller back
on the Tomb to absorb a [DRAGON SOUL]. From here Fast Travel to Whiterun and
begin heading due east, or if you've discovered anything near Windhelm you can
Fast Travel there and find Kynesgrove just south of Windhelm. When you arrive
you will be greeted and Delphine will lead the way to the burial site. Here you
witness Alduin resurrecting Sahloknir. Start unloading on the Dragon as it
begins to revive for some quick and easy damage. Use the same strategy as when
you defeated Mirmulnir and the battle should go smoothly. After the battle loot
the Dragon and talk to Delphine to receive [DELPHINE'S SECRET DOOR KEY] and
learn quite a bit regarding the Dragons reemersion. The quest concludes and

[DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY] starts.

Why this?

JoeReese

Hmm, had forgotten about that. I suppose if you want a dragon soul, give it a shot. Not sure what happens, as I've never done it.

lizardisok

It says to return to Arngeir learn the word of power and then go to Ustengrav Depths for the Dargon Soul... it seemed like I treid that and when I gave Arngeir the horn it wasn't in my possession anymore.........

I told Janassa to wait here and now she's lost.. I could wait a few days but I'm half ythinking of doing the next mission without here. However se does make a good pack mule and is a good fighter

JoeReese

I don't know...never bothered with the dragon soul. I figure souls-on-the-hoof seem to follow me everywhere, so there'll be plenty.

lizardisok

I never practiced my one-handed combat yet.. kay, so you think going back fr dragon soul is a waste? It has to do with shouts does it not?

JoeReese

Well, if Arngier already took the horn, I think it's moot. That said, I never bothered because there are so many dragon souls to be had. Any given play through, I have 30-40 extra dragon souls. Some I use for shouts, some for switching perks with the black book, etc. If you run short, go dragon hunting and boom...more souls.

lizardisok

moot?

I think I'll have to pack a lunch for this next quest ( it's taking forever )

Do you lose anything except for dignity when you die from a fall, or by combat?

JoeReese

Moot = no longer relevant, doesn't matter anymore.

You lose whatever you had gained since your last save, which by default should be about 15 minutes. If you've turned off or adjusted your autosave settings, you may lose more. So, if you saved or autosaved outside a dungeon and die inside, you'll respawn outside minus any treasure you've found, etc.