• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Can anyone recomend a good starting character/race for starting the game

• Any

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Any

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Necromis

really it is more a matter of role playing style and what you want to do. Some of the races do have advantages at start for certain playing styles, such ad warrior, rougue or mage. However, in the end they all balance out with your skill leveling. I mean right now I am playing a sneaky breton archer assassin. So really you could be a kajitte mage, or an orc thief....etc. What sounds fun to you and what style are you thinking of playing? With that we can give suggestions of routes to go, stones to use...etc.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
It's all about what character is aesthetically pleasing to you, and what abilities each race has (the racial powers of most races can be duplicated via enchanting our acquired shouts).

arsenalandy1966

really it is more a matter of role playing style and what you want to do. Some of the races do have advantages at start for certain playing styles, such ad warrior, rougue or mage. However, in the end they all balance out with your skill leveling. I mean right now I am playing a sneaky breton archer assassin. So really you could be a kajitte mage, or an orc thief....etc. What sounds fun to you and what style are you thinking of playing? With that we can give suggestions of routes to go, stones to use...etc.
Thanks for the reply, im actually thinking of a an assassin/archer/thirf type of role.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Then to get you started, I'd suggest a Khajiit, since that's what I've just recently done :D Their inherent ability to Sneak early in the game makes it easier, and your kills more succesful, which give you a pretty good headstart. However, you can't neglect levelling up your Sneak, since a good headstart can only do so much. Necromis is right, everything kinda levels out as you level up. The beauty of freedom and no limitations :D

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
I would make a catch-all character if you are new to the game. Imperials and Bretons are both very diverse and can function well in Mage and Warrior playstyles. When it comes down to it, pick your favorite race, bonuses dont matter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts