• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

perkecet

Can you actually raise a child in Skyrim too?
you cant do any of this. you can just get married. you can also (implicitly) get laid by "sleeping" in a bed with your partner. but there isnt anything you can do involving children.

perkecet

its just you get your husband or wife to sleep in a bed with you, and you wake up with a bigger resting bonus than normal called "lover's comfort". maybe thats not what its supposed to be, but i see it that way

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Because Skyrim added both children and the abitity to get married, i thought it would be really fun if they combined these two things and gave the player the ability to have children of their own. Here's the way i think it could be implimented to give Bethesda the most minimal amount of work possible. This would be great part of a DLC.

Spouse Compatibility- In order have a child, you need to marry a person of the opposite gender, and of a compatable race. I already know that there are canidates of both genders for all 10 races. I didn't read much lore, but i'm pretty sure the 4 races of humans can have children with each other. I'm not sure about the 3 races of elves, though. Obviously, Argonians can only have children with other Argonians, as is the case with the Kajiits and Orcs.

Having a child- Once you are married, you can ask your spouse to "Come to bed with you". When you are both in bed, the screen goes black and you hear your spouse talking about how wonderful you are. When you are done, your spouse will annouce a pregnancy (wives say "Great news, I am with child!", husbands say "Wow! I'm going to be a father!"). Letters then appear on the black screen that say "years later" and you then recive a cut scene of your child helping you get out of bed. Despite the fact that years have passed, the world is unchanged.

Child Appearance- Children in this game are what we call "Patchwork Kids". Their faces are all the same, but their skin and hair color will change to match your character. Their hairstyle and clothing color is randomly generated. Elf and Orc children look the same as human children, with the addition of pointy ears or sharp teeth respectivly. Kajiit and Argonian children have the normal child bodies, but they have tails and different heads. Because of their non human appearance, i'm sure you could get away with a shrunken adult Kajiit or Argonian headfor their children. Children of all races have the same voices.

Number of Children- The number of children possible depends on the number of beds in your house. If you want to have more children, move your family to a bigger house.

Child abilities- Your children will give you a gift once a day. These gifts range from a simple poem, a drawing of you, or other small cute things. Gifts from your children are acctually important items. Whenever your characters uses an item, they are remineded of their child and recive a powerfull buff, just like a potion. The different gifts your children give you all have different effects. Once you use a child's gift, it will disappear.

Losing a Child- If your spouce dies, you will recive a message saying that your children have been sent to live with their grandparents, as you are not around enough to take care of them yourself. If (god forbid) you ever hit your child, he/she will run away crying and a guard will arrest you for child abuse. You will then lose custody of all your children due to your abusive nature (shame on you). Even if you lose custody of your children, you can still have more children later.

Like i said. This is the way to impliment family life into skyrim with the most minimal amount of effort possible. If you can think of a way to improve this system, please tell me at once. I am also open to your opinions and criticisms.

good idea. almost sounds like fable but this is more extensive. but i think that the 'noncompatible races' would be able to have children. there is actually a book in skyrim about it (scary that i even read it). it talked about the half-breed races and how it was possible between the elven races and human races. however, there are also accounts of half breeds with the beast races and orcs. they are just a lot rarer. when the chid is born they inherit the traits of the mother with only a few from the father. only a few combinations are completely impossible, like the argonian/khajiit....
anyway, i like your idea and think it would be an awesome dlc, but i wanted to point that out. cause i want my dumner wise-woman to have babies with scouts-many-marshes!!!!

Ziggy~

I just think they should add the option to actually talk to Constance and ask if you can adopt a child. But you cant get the option unless you have a spare bed in the house. And to chose a child, you find out their name and tell her you want that child. Example: Constance asks "Oh you want to adopt? Well which one do yo want?" And then it gives you a list of their names and you pick which one you want. then they tell you to go home or something and after say a day the child is patiently waiting inside your house and they give them little dialog when they see you just like all the children do, except they could add maybe a few things to make it so adopting a child wasn't a complete waste of time.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
That actually sounds really cool. Something I could see myself RPing if the option was available. Can't really add much to this! Great post!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts