• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

A.Castaneda

I think there should be an option to have a child with a Daedric Lord( Meridia) creating an uber powerful being that wants to wipe out all of Tamriel a Beowulf and Grendal type DLC.

xDonna

Sorry to be rude, but really, it's just stupid to tell people to put things from one of the games that they made into another game that the also made, and try to pass it off as your own idea.
Woah, someone is mardy today.
He admitted that he got the idea from Fable. And of course he got the idea from Fable who got the idea from somewhere else, e.g. The Sims who got the idea from reality. Honestly, all ideas can be traced pay or what you like to say "passed off as their own" to/from another source.

But anyway, I was thinking that as well! When I first got Skyrim and got married my first thought was "we could probably have kids too!"
I was delighted. Then I found the orphanage in Riften and contemplated if I could acquire a child from there even though apparently the children "weren't up for adoption for adoption" because of Grelod the Kind. So, I figured why not hunt down Aventus Aretino and kill the bitch, right?
Well, then I discovered you cannot adopt children at all and was devastated...

I think that it would be a great patch to add into the game!
After all, it is called a RPG so it should be more like reality where you can get married, have a family and a home to return to after you Fus Rah Dah'd the plops out of the province of Skyrim!:)

Thanks for uploading this though! I found this website over your post! ^^

I think that that would be a great idea, I don't know but i think Bethesda should make something like this. That or that one great modder makes one.

xDonna

I would prefer if Bethesda made it considering the mods usually don't come in for consoles.

J'Sabbah

Ya, really pisses me off the way you can't marry a Khajiit. I mean how simple would it have been to make one marryable NPC Khajiit. Sheesh...

What your describing sounds fun. Never played Fable but it sounds kind of like The Sims, but with fighting...

About the "A few Years later" thing, you should have it be a mission unlocked after the main story and Septimus quest. Other than that, It's Brilliant. You have also filled in a few loop holes that I thought of while thinking of how they would make the children look like. I think I owe a Thank you for the time I spent reading your post. And to all the people who disapprove this can go to Oblivion!

LaurenES95

There are sites that list all of the people available for marriage and none are cats. It's not a matter of not finding them, it's a matter of them not being there. :p

No need to be a twat, but it's probably just in your nature. I had to make an account just to say that, that's how annoying you are.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Sorry to be rude, but...
No you're not. If you were sorry to be rude, you wouldn't have worded it like you did. That level of rudeness was uncalled for.

Back on topic, I read somewhere-this forum I think-that one could marry Carlotta Valente in Whiterun and essentially adopt her daughter Mila, though that might require moving into Carlotta's house. With the marriageable men mod I'm working on, I had the idea to do something similar with Thonnir from Morthal, who is widowed with a son. I wish I had the scripting know-how to get him and his son to move to a player owned house and to do the same with Carlotta and Mila.

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Something to consider is that you basicly copied and pasted the idea of children from fable. Dont be dumb get something original. Children of your own would ruin skyrim imo because skyrim is about slaying creatures not raising families. This is supposed to be a game of gore not a game of cuteness.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Something to consider is that you basicly copied and pasted the idea of children from fable. Dont be dumb get something original. Children of your own would ruin skyrim imo because skyrim is about slaying creatures not raising families. This is supposed to be a game of gore not a game of cuteness.
The great thing about a moddable game is that people who want things like that in their game can have it and those who think it ruins their game don't have to have it. Who cares if it's a copied idea? No idea is truly original anyway. Bethesda and Bioware have been copying each others' ideas so bad that I want to slap somebody because Fenris' voice actor plays a ton of male characters in Skyrim, and that everybody in charge of a town is an Arl (Dragon Age) or a Jarl (Skyrim.) The only problem is I don't know who to slap because I assume each company was cool with copying each other or else there'd be lawsuits out the wazoo.

Point to my little rant-if someone wants families in their games, who are we to say they're wrong just because of our tastes? Personally I wish people would quit telling the world about their weird sexual fetishes with all the sex and skimpy outfit mods (like that one person who declared their real life love of butt plugs over on Nexus), but hey, it's their game to mod as they please.

whiskey

I'm sorry but lets just be honest here, while you may be slaying beasts, Skyrim is far from a "game of gore". I have PTSD and am EXTREMELY sensitive to violence and all that jazz, but I can play Skyrim without a single problem. Just because you have to kill something doesn't mean it's filled with gore.

gore/gôr/

Noun:
  1. Blood that has been shed, esp. as a result of violence.

Hell, I'd love to see a picture of some actual like arterial spray from say when you cut someone's head off..
There is no blood in Skyrim. Maybe you mean violence. But even that ... come on.

Additionally, Skyrim is so open ended it is what you make it, that's what makes the game great. If you want it to be full of cuteness make it full of cuteness, if you want to kill everything you see, kill everything you see. Nobody is pushing any option down anyone's throat in this game including Bethesda.

RedVideo

His Excellency
It seems to me that raising children is much too arduous and frighting for a relatively benign game like Skyrim. Those who have not raised their own teenagers aren't prepared for that kind of terror.

On the other hand being able to chop their heads of when they turn 14 is quite appealing.

whiskey

It seems to me that raising children is much too arduous and frighting for a relatively benign game like Skyrim. Those who have not raised their own teenagers aren't prepared for that kind of terror.

On the other hand being able to chop their heads of when they turn 14 is quite appealing.
LMFAO

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I think being able to have children would be a good idea, or at least something that makes the whole marriage process a bit deeper. After playing Dragon Age 2, my marriage in Skyrim felt inadequate.

Trotters224

Hey i just done the main quest and i got married to a nord in riverwood (she works in the trade shop) and im a wood elf can i have a kid with her?

Nakatsu_Hime

Oh God no!

Can you imagine being halfway through a fight with gawd knows what, and then you feel a tug on your armour and a little voice saying 'Mummy, I need to pee'.

perkecet

i dont care where the idea came from. that being said, this wouldnt work regardless. you REALLY just cannot have large amounts of time passing in this game. unlike a lot of games, skyrim will always tell you the exact date and time. some people take this very seriously. what about vampires? four days in your pregnant wife would attack you! youd run out into the street, and end up killing the whole time because they wont stop trying to kill you. this wouldnt work for other reasons too. skyrim isn't a game you play like other games. large periods of time flashing by are nothing to care about in games like final fantasy, FABLE lol, really just about any other 'rpg' game. unlike the games mentioned skyrim really puts YOU in the game. i dont mean some cartoon you gave silly hair that you gave the same name as you, i mean you. i for one would never have a kid just for the pointless break in immersion. this, however, doesnt mean having a child of your own couldnt work at all.

the only way this could ever work is if instead of conceiving a child, you adopt. theres already an orphanage, just make the player able to go there. (non-offensively) just make it like shopping, with maybe 10 or 15 options. perhaps you would have to complete some silly quest to "prove" you have what it takes to raise a child. (although you obviously dont because you visit home for a few hours once every few weeks at best) thats the only way i can see it working.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts