Xbox 360 Stangs Assassin/Vamp build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JDStang

I have been looking around the web checking out cool assassin builds and put one of my own together, thought I would post it here... Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

I am using a Dark Elf and plan on going the Vamp rout in the Dawnguard questline.
The Dunmer bonus to fire resistance will help offset the Vamp weakness to fire.
I will carry an extra set of light armor with me with Health/Stamina/Magica boosts for outdoor daylight adventuring. (haven't figured anything else to offset this yet)

I will start my attribute build 3-1-1 (M/H/S) until my magica is at 300 then switch to a 3 to 1 stamina to health ratio for the rest of the build.

I don't find the need to go deeper into the archery tree because most bow kills will be 1-2 shot kills due to the sneak buffs. The rest of the perks in this tree only benefit the full on archer type that will stand with the bow and move around shooting it. This isn't my plan I will be crouched most of the time going for the sneak attack bonuses.

My outlook on 1H is simply the fact that I don't want to fool around with going toe to toe with an enemy, I would much rather go heel to toe... their heel to my toe, nice to meet you Blade of Woe.:D So the 5/5 armsman is good enough. On a side note I will add points here maybe after lvl 50 but they are not totally important to the build they would be just to play around with dual wielding the bound sword and maybe doing some decapitations.

The left side of the sneak tree is useless when using Illusion magic and the Muffle enchant. Also using any more than 1/5 in the sneak perk is just a waste as well... really 3 perks to gain 30% better sneak ability ok well uh left trigger invisibility.... can u see me now.... good.

I also figure to mix between the Dark Brotherhood armor and the Nightingale Armor. Maybe DB first then after lvl 42 the Nightingale. (the Nightingale armor is way stronger if u wait until lvl 42 to get it)

So... any insight on what I should or shouldn't use with the build?

OckhamsFolly

Something else to offset vampirism's regen woes: venison stew/vegetable soup and elsweyr fondue. The stew/soup both give a constant 1 health/1 stamina regen per second, and the fondue regens 25 magicka per second. All last for 12 minutes.

Venison Stew: Venison + Salt + Potato + Leek
Vegetable Stew: Potato + Leek + Cabbage + Tomato
Elsweyr Fondue: Eidar Cheese Wheel + Ale + Moon Sugar

You can make it at any cooking pot. Whiterun has several (bannered mare, drunken huntsman), and every house you can get should have one.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
get the windwalker light armor perk and both levels of recovery in the restoration tree, that will allow you to regen magicka and stamina at 50% in the day. If you enchant any armor with increased regen that will help too. For example +40% health regen = 140% for a non vamp or a vamp at night but in the day you would still have 40% regen.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Another tip you might want to utilize: Take the Lady Stone's blessing. It increases the regeneration rate of Health and Stamina, I believe.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Decent effort. The following are merely opinions, so feel free to disregard them.

More Sneak, less Archery. You'll want to be hidden even in plain sight. The Stealth perk is what grants you that, so I'd select it all five times, if you can. The Vampirism will grant you a Sneak and Illusion bonus, too.

Do you need the Smithing? I don't deem it necessary, since you could use Enchanting or Alchemy to increase your damage output. Ri'virr (my rogue-ish build) uses a lot of Sneak, a bit of Archery, One-Handed, and Pickpocketing, but also Alchemy (to quaff poisons, which can be used on weapons; I personally like poisoning my arrows) and Enchanting (he uses Absorb Health on his main weapon, which is useful if you want to drain enemies' HP quickly).

Conjuration isn't a very stealthy branch of magic. It's more suited for spellswords or mages trying to create a diversion. Your Illusion spells are much more cost effective.

JDStang

I plan on using the nightingale setup so smithing isn't really important only the arcane smithing perk matters, that goes for my weapons too, the blade of woe and the nightingale/karliah's bow.

The conjuration magic is so i can have my dagger active at all times and have my bound bow in my left hand. plus there is no need to carry around a sword if i can simply conjure one. I shouldn't be using swords anyway if I am playing the character right ya know....

I agree with the sneak at 5/5 but the build calculator is just where i want to be at lvl 50. After 50 its all extra in a way.

This is my progress at this point in this build...Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

JDStang

BTW I have only completed one quest so far... I have been kinda role playing with this character. Pretty much been killing just animals for pelts and making leather armor and selling it. the one quest that I did was cool tho it was called "infiltration"... kinda gave me a laugh due to the character type.:p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts