• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shmaglum

Knee Repair Extraordinaire
It depends on your character. A mage doesn't need stamina.

Why do I need stamina when heal can replenish stamina and life. So instead of stamina pump up magicka up?
stamina is useful for helping you in combat for power attacks with weapons. It also allows you to run farther and to carry more. I value stamina as a pretty important attribute to my character!

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Unless you just want to spam weaker attacks, a high stamina is a must for any melee centered character. Power attacks break through blocks, stagger opponents, and benefit from perks that upgrade them to make them even deadlier. Not to mention that power attacks kill enemies faster, which shouldn't be overlooked when you're fighting more than one enemy at once, which is pretty often - haha dead enemies can't hurt you - when you're faced against a 3v1, being able to kill 2 of them quickly can give you a huge advantage.. Additionally, for the sword and board types, a high stamina lets you use your shield as an offensive tool and is great for keeping the enemy off balance. A staggered enemy = dead enemy.

Carrying capacity is a nice little bonus, but for any warrior build, high stamina means a deadlier warrior.

I see what you're saying with the restoration perk that replenishes health as well as magic, but if you're too low on health you're more likely to die in just a couple hits where you're not likely to have time to heal. And with low stamina, you won't be as effective with your weapons if you keep having to break away from combat to bring your stamina back before going back in.

For my mage I've been doing 5 in magic, 1 in health every 6 levels. And for my assassin and warrior I've been doing 3 in stamina, 1 in health every 4 levels. It's been working pretty well. I've found it hard to spend upgrades into magic, health, and stamina without ending up spread too thin...so if you're a magic user you may have no use for stamina.

dbukalski

is archery stamina intensive?

Unless you just want to spam weaker attacks, a high stamina is a must for any melee centered character. Power attacks break through blocks, stagger opponents, and benefit from perks that upgrade them to make them even deadlier. Not to mention that power attacks kill enemies faster, which shouldn't be overlooked when you're fighting more than one enemy at once, which is pretty often - haha dead enemies can't hurt you - when you're faced against a 3v1, being able to kill 2 of them quickly can give you a huge advantage.. Additionally, for the sword and board types, a high stamina lets you use your shield as an offensive tool and is great for keeping the enemy off balance. A staggered enemy = dead enemy.

I see it like this. I run in and power attack the first target till Im stamina dry. Then do regular attacks until my health is damaged. Back out heal both run back in to finish fight

is archery stamina intensive?

I see it like this. I run in and power attack the first target till Im stamina dry. Then do regular attacks until my health is damaged. Back out heal both run back in to finish fight
archery is stamina intensive after a fashion. If your a pure archer you will want to get suprise attack, and to run out of melee range. The stamina would mainly be used for running away from your enemies before placing your next shot

dbukalski

do enemies suffer from stamina? or do they just keep running non stop?\

also whats surprise attack and why does it cost stamina? I didnt find it on the perks list

Jaeger

Also with Steady Hand perk, you can stay in slo mo longer with a drawn bow. I have killed 7 from sneak attack in one stamina depletion. Legolas or Crow. Achers value stamina over health. Armor is your sneak. If I get surprised, I have the humungous stamina to sprint out, go into sneak, find you, and sneak attack you. Or I can spam dagger power attacks.

wheato

Premium Member
My main character fights mostly at melee range and dual wielded, so higher stamina helps me a lot as I'm swinging power attacks quite rapidly. I distribute my levels 45% health, 45% stamina, and 10% magika. I use Alteration spells for extra armor rating, so magika isn't so important to me (I've always got plenty of potions handy anyway).

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
The problem with running in and power attacking til your dry is that if you don't invest any points in stamina, it's only going to take 1 - 2 power attacks to drain you of stamina. Backing out of combat after you don't have any stamina left is easier said than done since the enemies will likely be able to move faster than you at that point since you can't run.

If you want to fight with a melee weapon up close, stamina is a must. Otherwise you're going to run out of stamina in 1-2 swings, likely before you kill anyone, and you'll be stuck swinging a wet noodle around while you get surrounded by multiple enemies at which point restoration won't be enough to save you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts