Stains Eternal - M'aditi the Oath-Breaker

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

makoman8

Loving this! What a great take on the word walls. Also, it's absolutely unbelievable that the first word that M'aditi comes across is "Kill". How freaking awesome is that!

Kaleia

Loving this! What a great take on the word walls. Also, it's absolutely unbelievable that the first word that M'aditi comes across is "Kill". How freaking awesome is that!

Orin brit ro.

What's even more awesome is that I had absolutely no idea Forsaken Cave was a draugr crypt, let alone the location of one of the "Marked For Death" word walls. When I opened my shout list to see what word it was, I was like WTF, talk about luck. So, geh, tahrodiis gronlos dez, Kriiddremyah loost meyz dovahkiin. So, yes, treacherous fate is bound, M'aditi hath become Dragonborn. The future holds shadows for M'aditi, the Oathbreaker, the Dovahkiin, the Kriiddremyah, the one of many names. And we shall ignite a fire in those shadows together. My readers, myself, and the character whose fate binds us together.

This one has a flair for drama. :rolleyes:

makoman8

Orin brit ro.

What's even more awesome is that I had absolutely no idea Forsaken Cave was a draugr crypt, let alone the location of one of the "Marked For Death" word walls. When I opened my shout list to see what word it was, I was like WTF, talk about luck. So, geh, tahrodiis gronlos dez, Kriidremyah loost meyz dovahkiin. So, yes, treacherous fate is bound, M'aditi hath become Dragonborn. The future holds shadows for M'aditi, the Oathbreaker, the Dovahkiin, the Kriidremyah, the one of many names. And we shall ignite a fire in those shadows together. My readers, myself, and the character whose fate binds us together.

This one has a flair for drama. :rolleyes:
You sound fluent in Skyrim Draconian! Where are you getting these phrases?

I like the Kriidremyah name as well. Kill-Peace-Seek seems to really sum up M'aditi. Do you have an idea on how to rework the Whiterun dragon quest to work with your character? The whole "Tell the jarl your first-hand account" doesn't really mesh too well.

Kaleia

You sound fluent in Skyrim Draconian! Where are you getting these phrases?

I like the Kriidremyah name as well. Kill-Peace-Seek seems to really sum up M'aditi. Do you have an idea on how to rework the Whiterun dragon quest to work with your character? The whole "Tell the jarl your first-hand account" doesn't really mesh too well.

I'll probably have to edit a little when it comes to that particular scene. I'll work around it, you needn't worry. Where there's a will, there's a way. Lahvraan kest.

I'm probably really screwing up the language, but I'm trying my best.
Lore:Dragon Language - UESPWiki
This is my source.

Kill-Peace-Seek? Oh, I see. My bad. There are supposed to be two 'd's, making it Slayer-Peace-Seek. Kriiddremyah. I'll go fix that. In any case, thanks for the praise.

And to all my followers: This is the last day of journals before I go silent for the weekend, as I am putting up my PS3 while my cousins are here. I mentioned this in the Zoran journal, but I'm repeating it here.

Krosis.

Kaleia

8th of Heartfire

Perhaps the taste of nord ale grows on one. This one feels good with ale and meat in his belly, and rested after a long day of merely learning new spells: one to hush the sound of this one's feet, and the other to show M'aditi the way when he is lost.

After a long time meditating on these spells, this one's thoughts turned to the words, the dreams, and this one contemplated words spoken to him in the dream. Kriiddremyah, the dream beast Hahnuun had called him. Not Khajiit. Not M'aditi. Not even Dar'sauda. Kriiddremyah. This one ponders the meaning of the word, for it sounds like a name.

Tomorrow, this one is going east. He saw a stone nord structure to the east, and wonders to investigate it, for perhaps it holds another wall of etched words. This one will look there. If M'aditi finds nothing, then he will try a road to the southwest of Dawnstar. Surely there must be something this one can find there. The words make this one drunken with delicious power, unlike anything he has felt since the desire was first denied.

Words are in this one's mind now. Feim. Krii. The words this one knows the meaning of. Feim, fade. Krii, kill. This one does not yet understand why his heart thinks they are commands.

And who is Hahnuun? Hahnuun called this one brother, but this one has no brothers, especially not that big or scary. The dream beast scares and confuses and excites M'aditi all at once, but this one is tired and will stop wondering for now. Sleep calls, and this one tires of writing anyway.

Kaleia

9th of Heartfire

Clams, clams, so many clams in M'aditi's belly and pockets. Funny taste, but a nice change. This one had clams for his lunch and his dinner today, while walking icy paths here and there and all about. This one went the the ruins in the east today. No words, no walls. Lots of draugr and ghosts, though, which made this one nervous. This one has no spell for invisibility yet.

In the deep of the ruins, no wall, but huge throne room, where a ghost stood guard over a very much alive man in robes of a necromancer. But they were daydreaming, and so this one kept around them, thinking to find a shorter way out. This one found nice trinkets in his search, nice things to sell to his fellow Khajiit, but no way out.

Then M'aditi stumbled, and had to run very fast, because the necromancer and ghost spotted him, and magics began to fly at M'aditi. This one is a good Khajiit, so this one didn't kill them, even though this one should have. This one had nice things from the back of the chamber, and since the other didn't see M'aditi's face, this one needn't worry that he will be hunted.

M'aditi thinks all the words and walls of words are in mountains, not sea, so this one won't be jumping between iceflows again. This one is going to search south of Dawnstar instead.

Long sleep ahead. Sweet sleep, after long walk back. This one needs sleep...and maybe dreams? But not of memories, this one hopes. The desire twitched again today in the necromancer's hideout, and this one fears it still.

Faas ni geinmaar. Those words have whispered in this one's mind. Hahnuun? This one is not sure. Nor does this one know their meaning. Faas ni geinmaar.

Kaleia

11th of Heartfire

For a long day, this one was exploring west of Dawnstar with his friend Erandur. This one is getting very good at his spells. But Erandur was frustrated that this one forgot to buy 'real food' for the trip. Clams, clams, and no more clams are left. But this one and Erandur had a great adventure today, for this morning they found a ruin. M'aditi was very, very pleased, for ruins perhaps meant words. And this one was right this time.

Inside the ruin, this one found many, many dead, dead draugr. Was someone else there? Yes, a woman, looking for a scroll deep in the ruins. M'aditi mostly wants the words, the understanding, so this one didn't mind helping her find her scroll either.

Erandur and the woman were formidable, and with M'aditi protecting them, invincible. No draugr stood long, and M'aditi got to use a special spell that frightened them. Many draugr fell, perhaps finding peace, this one hopes, because this one is a nice and gentle Khajiit. This one also found many coins and jewels slipping into his pockets, and this one wonders if that has to do with the words and dreams and strange things happening to M'aditi lately.

Deep, deep inside, door opened on its own, and this one got very scared. Then this one saw a beast-draugr-but-not, a darkly cloaked figure that rose from its coffin and remained in the air, floating. So dark, and trembles touched this one's heart, but also a strange feeling of irritation that this one did not understand. It spat at this one and his companions, and the woman ran forward past M'aditi to face it. Then, boom. The ground shook under this one's feet, and M'aditi started to fall back. This dark thing was wielding a staff! A strong one at that.

M'aditi cast good spells upon his friends, to help them be stronger. Then the thing fell silent. No more fire. Was it over?

M'aditi peered around the corner, around the doors, and boom! This one never ran so fast, for the thing was right behind this one. Erandur and the woman would be safe if it chased this one. So this one fled through a heavy door, and because the thing was slow, had time to trap it behind bars.

Now what, this one wondered. The angry thing stared at M'aditi through a soulless mask, trying to use its staff, but the fireballs were blocked by the bars. But those bars couldn't hold it forever, or worse, it would give up and go back for this one's friends.

Then suddenly Erandur appeared, crying out in battle bravado as he swung his mightly mace upon the thing's back. This one cried out in fear. Erandur would surely be killed!

Moments passed, and no more fire came. Puzzled, this one approached the bars. It...it was dead! This one hurried to lift the bars, peered at the thing's body, if one could call it that. M'aditi decided to take the mask. It clearly held magic, and so this one wants to study it later. Together, this one and his companions explored the chamber that had held the thing. M'aditi found the woman's sought scroll on a table, and as he looked up from giving it to her, this one noticed the wall. The carvings. This one began to move towards the wall, partly dazed by it.

Song hushed. Glow dimmed. Heart pounded.

Strun. Storm. Strun.

Now this one knows three words. Feim, fade. Krii, kill. Strun, storm.

M'aditi regarded the wall long after the visions faded and the understanding was created. When he turned back to his companions, both were ignoring this one, as though they had not seen anything at all, confirming this one's thought that the visions are an extension of himself.

This on still thinks he might be crazy, but that's okay.

Erandur and M'aditi left the woman to her pursuits, and journeyed through the dusk back to Dawnstar. Was a long, dark, cold road, but when the inn was reached, this one filled both their bellies with ale and pie while the treasures were split. Erandur decided to return to his tower in the night, but this one doesn't have a torch and doesn't like the cold. This one paid to sleep tonight in the inn. M'aditi will sell some things tomorrow. And decide what to do with the mask. It's rather heavy, and creepy too.

Kaleia

12th of Heartfire

Almost a month since M'aditi came to Dawnstar, M'aditi has finally decided it is time to go elsewhere. Somewhere warm, somewhere sunny. Not forever - M'aditi loves his tent, his friends, his place in Dawnstar. But this one misses the sun.

This one spent much of today in Erandur's tower, talking to him at length, and explaining that this one would be gone for some time. When it came to it, Erandur offered to let M'aditi leave the heavy mask in the tower, and M'aditi thanked him for the offer. It will be nice to not worry of this mask while this one is traveling, and M'aditi can leave some other things too that he does not need now.

This one meditated a long time today just outside the tower. Where is this one to go? M'aditi only has the direction of south, so M'aditi is not sure what lies ahead. Anywhere warm, and sunny, and south. Perhaps this one will find more words on his journey, or after. This one will return to Dawnstar someday, but something draws M'aditi to leave...and it is not just snow. This one has learned to live with the snow, even if he does not like it.

M'aditi dreamed last night, again. This time, in the dream, this one sat outside of his lovely tent north of Dawnstar, and the sky was all dark. Nothing stirred, neither sun nor moon shone, not even stars. All dark.

Krii, Feim, Strun. Kill, Fade, Storm. This one whispered those words in the dream, thrice in a row, staring up at the all dark sky. This one noticed no snow on the ground, nor ice in the sea. M'aditi is not sure how he saw these things without sun, moon, or stars, but in a dream few observations make sense.

Then a voice answered this one: Krii, Feim, Strun. Lok, Thu'um. Good, Kriiddremyah, good. You are gaining new words. But your tongue remains still, sahlo.

And so this one said, "Why does Hahnuun call this one Kriiddremyah?"

Hahnuun answered, "I call you by what you are, sil do aazi."

"Why do you speak words this one does not know?"

"Ahzid vahrukt. I speak words you know. But your mind is not ready for where your heart wants to be, and so your mind does not hear what it does not want to. I have already told you, gein silu. I can hide nothing from you, vo hin hadrim. Hin hadrim horvutahaan naal faas. Zol mul meyz, sahlo dovahkiin. Meyz faasse. Viik faasi."

Then the beast appeared in the dark, though shadow concealed its features, save for its eyes.

For the strangest moment, this one thought the word reflection.

This one does not know why.

This one does not know if he wants to.

Sun broke over the horizon, and the beast dissolved into shadowy mist.

Dovah vo faasse, vo feyni. Kriiddremyah, zol mul meyz.

Kaleia

SPECIAL JOURNAL UPDATE - M'ADITI STATS AND INVENTORY

Current Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Magic: 190
Health: 110
Stamina: 100

Weapons: Pickaxe

Apparel: Amulet of Akatosh, Hide Bracers, Hooded Monk Robes, Ring of Minor Magicka, Scaled Boots

3 Health Potions, 1 Magicka Potion

Various Food Items

Burned Book (Journal placeholder)

---Items Stored in Nightcaller Temple in Dawnstar:

Vokun mask (from Vokun Dragon Priest)
Black Soul Gem (from Forsaken Cave)
The Code of Malacath (gift from Dawnstar mineowner)

(UPDATE)

Okay, this is the last Journal entry until Monday night. Sorry, but I really worry about my cousins getting into my PS3 and stuff.

On another note, when I/M'aditi went to that temple with the necromancer, I accidentally picked up a journal that I can't put down. Guess it's a quest item. But it takes up a pound of my inventory, which is annoying. Does anyone know where the journal goes to, for future reference?

Good night, and good weekend, everyone.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
If it is a quest item, then even though it show a weight, it isn't added to your total. That's how you can get away with the 25 weight dragonstone!

makoman8

Thanks for posting a general status update of the state of M'aditi. I definitely like seeing where he's at with inventory and perks. Have a good weekend, looking forward to hearing more of the story next week!

Kaleia

13th of Heartfire

This one is tired after so long a day. But this reclusive Inn feels safe, secure, and this one is ready to rest here. Nightgate Inn. Erandur was with this one last time he was here.

This one was attacked today.

But M'aditi must start at the start.

This morning, M'aditi set out from Dawnstar with a sweetroll in his jaws, an ale in his paws, and his belongings on his back. Erandur offered to come with this one to Nightgate, but M'aditi has already endangered his friend recently and didn't want to do so again. Besides, this one has become better at his calming spells.

Not far out of Dawnstar, a spider found this one, but a calming spell stopped its charge. Next three wolves, frightened by another of M'aditi's practices.

Then, an assassin. This one became very afraid when he saw the lizard, in red and black, crying out in the name of Sithis. M'aditi knew this Brother, knew this Shadowscale, and this one didn't know how to outsmart him. M'aditi dodged this way and that, so many times coming near to being a fulfilled contract. The lizard dodged this one's spells, and called him foolish monk, foolish traitor.

Then, this one remembered the fort, with the bandits, and led the assassin straight into it. The bandit arrows flew at this one and the assassin, but this one was quick and the assassin was unsuspecting. The brother bled out before this one made his escape.

This one is sad now, to have seen to the death of a Brother, to have been called traitor. But this one is an innocent Khajiit, a good Khajiit, and is no longer a killer for Sithis.

This one is...this one does not know. M'aditi did not dream last night, but this one hopes for dreams. Hahnuun, visit this one, maybe? This one wants to hear, wants to know.

M'aditi is scared though.

Kaleia

21st of Heartfire

This one aches really bad all over.

M'aditi set out to Windhelm a while ago, and thought he was fine. But danger found him on the road. This one was walking quietly, minding his business well, when suddenly an inexplicably angry nord came out of nowhere and swung her mace at poor M'aditi. So, this one turned tail and ran. But this one was already cold, and couldn't run far, so this one found himself running circles near the Nightgate Inn, eventually. This one hid, but the nord woman found him, and so the chase continued.

Around and around and around and around, continued this one's flight for an hour. M'aditi is still not sure what he ever did to her. Finally, this one hid behind a fish net, thinking the nord would forget about him and move on. Then a voice behind him:

"Hah! Found you!" And a mace came down on this one's shoulder. M'aditi tried to flee, but this one had trapped himself, and so the mace came down again and again and again. This one crumpled under the blows.

Eventually, this one heard the innkeeper come out and talk down the angry nord, before taking this one back inside.

And so, this one has been resting for several days, and still feels quite sore. No dreams came while this one rested - not even whispers in this one's ear. This one is worried that Hahnuun doesn't want to speak to M'aditi anymore, since M'aditi was beaten down so easily.

Tomorrow, this one will head to Windhelm again, and this one hopes against hope to find refuge in the stone walls of the city. This one misses his peaceful tent in Dawnstar.

Kaleia

23rd of Heartfire

For the past day, this one has stayed in Kynesgrove, just south of Windhelm. This one made it here without much fuss, save that the high walls of Windhelm intimidated this one into moving on.

Not far from the Nightgate Inn, this one encountered an old orc that wished to die. Why would one wish to die? The idea stirs this one's blood, and brings unclean ideas and daydreams to this one's mind. This one wishes he hadn't met the orc that wished to die. Some part of M'aditi wants to grant his wish, and the knowing that chokes this one's throat.

Little else bothered M'aditi on the road to Kynesgrove, save for three wolves that calmed under this one's hands.

And fear. A guard in Kynesgrove mentioned a town, Helgen, that was destroyed by a dragon. The idea shivers the blood of M'aditi, and this one feels both curiosity and astonishment. A dragon? Absurd. Preposterous. The guard...was right. This one knows it, deep within.

Drem yol lok, Kriiddremyah, zemyah dovah sili.

No dream, but those words echo through this one's mind and hand tonight. And fear.

For this one feels the meaning in them now. This one hears it. M'aditi told Hahnuun he wanted to know, and this one heard it.

Greetings, Slayer who seeks peace, brother dragon [of] my soul.

M'aditi does not fully know what it means. But this one does know he has some connection to the dragons, the dov.

To Helgen, this one will go.

Kriiddremyah, the brother soul called this one. Slayer-Peace-Seek.

Two souls, one body. No. That isn't right. Hahnuun said so. One soul in two parts.

The part that is dovah and the part that is Khajiit. No, not quite right.

The part that is ready to be dovah, and the part that still calls itself kriid.

Which part is writing now, this one wonders? What part is M'aditi, is Hahnuun, is Kriiddremyah, is Dar'sauda?

What part is me?

Kaleia

25th of Heartfire

Two long days have passed since this one left Kynesgrove. Long, long days, of much adventure. This one feels spice in his heart after such adventure, enjoys the long and many roads that cross and cross the world.

Two mornings ago, this one set out on the road. Many wolves swarmed M'aditi, but calmed under his hands. Then, two sabre cats! Two! Such fear. This one found himself running about hot springs and hills and ruins, and this one grew weary. They were almost upon M'aditi! So, M'aditi decided to try calming them, and suddenly the beasts purred under this one's paws.

But lost, lost, this one was quite long from the pursuit, and so this one wandered back and forth to try to find the road. Finally, this one saw houses, a settlement, and met nice people that didn't hurt M'aditi. Darkwater Crossing, they called it. M'aditi went down to the hot springs and took off his clothes to soak. This one normally dislikes water, but the radiating warmth of it was pleasant. M'aditi hopes to go there again. One of the nice people shared their tent with M'aditi.

The next morning, this one went off again. Thief tried to stop M'aditi, but the thief calmed under M'aditi's spell, and so this one continued on his way. Further along the road, this one encountered two which called themselves Vigilants of Stendarr. M'aditi didn't like them much, as they were cold and threatened M'aditi: "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it." They don't know that M'aditi is a good Khajiit, sweet Khajiit, innocent Khajiit.

Then, big tower, and a bandit tried to stop M'aditi. M'aditi was tired, but convinced her to take less gold than she asked for, and so this one went on his way. And, behold, Whiterun! The giant city rose out of valley, and this one was glad of it. But still more walking for this one, always walking, because this one means to be in the town of Riverwood, closer to Helgen.

And in Riverwood this one now is. Funny town, funny people. The bard asked this one to deliver a false note to a lady, and this one wrinkles his nose. This one does not lie. So, tomorrow morning, this one will tell the lady the truth. Let them sort themselves out, for M'aditi travels to Helgen tomorrow.

Kaleia

26th of Heartfire

The lady's more honest suitor is now this one's friend. Faendal. So M'aditi asked Faendal to show him the way to Helgen. Faendal looked bothered about it, but showed this one. Helgen was completed destroyed, as though by seige. This one isn't sure what to make of it. Dragons? Faendal kept trying to say something about his neighbor Ralof, but this one didn't hear it. Maybe this one should ask tomorrow evening, upon return.

Riverwood's trader has been stolen from, and the owner asked this one if he could retrieve the stolen item. Naturally, this one, this good and kind Khajiit, said yes. Faendal agreed to go with this one into the mountains, and this one is ready with his spells. Tomorrow morning, this one and his new friend leave for the mountains. As thanks for Faendal's offer of assistance, this one bought him a new set of armor. This one protects his friends.

A strange sensation touched this one before the gates of Helgen, made M'aditi's nose twitch.

Alduin, dov, prodah.

The foretold dragon.

Al do leinne.

Destroyer of worlds.

Al do sille.

Destroyer of souls.

This one fears the whispers in his mind, for his heart knows things that his mind does not begin to understand.

Is it someone else? Or is that knowledge, that soul, that understanding...

Is it me?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts