Squeaky Wheel: Bethesda Please...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
I just need some things from you for Skyrim, Bethesda; and maybe if I can generate enough noise you'll listen and grant my requests... :sadface:

1. Please patch the hood disappearance for vampires (discovered for me during Dawnguard)
2. Add both light and heavy craftable fur hoods (armored and none) in brown, black, and white
3. Please add some Nordic ranger-esc content (i.e. weapons, armor, etc)
4. Add more character animations, like turning around, walking/running up and down stairs and inclines; maybe even climbing <3 (I know that's pushing it...)
5. More "great beasts" roaming the wilds (like griffins or something, bears and mammoths can't dominate forever)

SUPER WISH LIST:
1. A light version of the Creation Kit for console users (PRETTY PLEASE???)
2. First person horse back riding
3. Introduction of different cultures within Skyrim via armors, weapons, and items with associated quests (I know that its Nord land and all but there's a high Dunmer and Argonian population in Windhelm. Its hard to believe they didn't bring any wares from home...)
4. Please bring back expansions in their own boxes (You just can't beat that feel...)

What's on your wish list for Skyrim patches, DLC, full-blown expansions, etc?

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
The hood glitch is something that (I know it sounds silly) almost ruined the game. I got the game a few months after it came out and played it non stop for months. After a while though I though I would stop for a bit and then come back to it so I could experience the game from a new perspective. I worked for ages trying to make my female (Imperial) vampire look just the way I wanted her to. Once done I became a vampire and proceeded to Riften to join the thieves guild.

Not long after playing on that character she got the 'burnt face' glitch. I don't know if you have ever come across it but I will explain briefly anyway. I think the cause of it is when you have a female and use eye shadow on your character (something I did). After you go to sleep you wake up and your face looks very dirt and a bit like it has been burnt - hence the name.

I though 'oh well, it isn't extremely noticeable' and hoped there would be a patch for it. So I carried on playing and finally got my Thieves guild armour. I put it all on and then saw the hood glitch. I had heard about it but it had never happened on my characters before. Since then I stopped playing because both of the glitches completely ruined the immersion.

Even more annoying, the way you make it sound is that in Dawnguard neither of these glitches have been addressed. :sadface::sadface::sadface:

I will have to leave the game for a while now before going back to it.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
CK LITE is likely never going to happen. I've used it fairly extensively, and theres nothing "light" about it. What exactly do you want to do?
Everything else you said would be nice to have though.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm... there are many things I would like but one of the top things would have to be:

The ability to wear clothing *and* armor. Like how you could in Daggerfall and Morrowind. I miss being able to wear a robe with a breastplate over it, a right should pauldron, a pair of guanlets, and sandals. Etc. You could really customize your character by being able to mix and match clothing and armor... Ah... good times.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I would like different color armor and ability to paint them.

Your ideas are good, you should send them to Bethesda feedback

nolandman

CK LITE is likely never going to happen. I've used it fairly extensively, and theres nothing "light" about it. What exactly do you want to do?
Everything else you said would be nice to have though.
I know, I looked at it a lot myself, and as horribly life wasting as it sounds, "studied" it to an extent. But personally I would only want it for armor/weapon creation and customization. But that's why its on the "Super Wish List". Not "super" as in must-have, just like "in a perfect world" type scenario. If you catch my meaning.

nolandman

The hood glitch is something that (I know it sounds silly) almost ruined the game. I got the game a few months after it came out and played it non stop for months. After a while though I though I would stop for a bit and then come back to it so I could experience the game from a new perspective. I worked for ages trying to make my female (Imperial) vampire look just the way I wanted her to. Once done I became a vampire and proceeded to Riften to join the thieves guild.

Not long after playing on that character she got the 'burnt face' glitch. I don't know if you have ever come across it but I will explain briefly anyway. I think the cause of it is when you have a female and use eye shadow on your character (something I did). After you go to sleep you wake up and your face looks very dirt and a bit like it has been burnt - hence the name.

I though 'oh well, it isn't extremely noticeable' and hoped there would be a patch for it. So I carried on playing and finally got my Thieves guild armour. I put it all on and then saw the hood glitch. I had heard about it but it had never happened on my characters before. Since then I stopped playing because both of the glitches completely ruined the immersion.

Even more annoying, the way you make it sound is that in Dawnguard neither of these glitches have been addressed. :sadface::sadface::sadface:

I will have to leave the game for a while now before going back to it.
Yeah it hasn't, and no it doesn't sound silly I was up last night, playing hard to be turned into a vampire lord thinking all would be well. NOPE. It totally killed my game high. Here I am getting all gassed up and then, bam, instead having a shadowy hood and glowing eyes, I get a damn bald spot and a whole lot of grief...

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Hm... there are many things I would like but one of the top things would have to be:

The ability to wear clothing *and* armor. Like how you could in Daggerfall and Morrowind. I miss being able to wear a robe with a breastplate over it, a right should pauldron, a pair of guanlets, and sandals. Etc. You could really customize your character by being able to mix and match clothing and armor... Ah... good times.

This is the one thing I loved about Morrowind. It needs to be brought back.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I know, I looked at it a lot myself, and as horribly life wasting as it sounds, "studied" it to an extent. But personally I would only want it for armor/weapon creation and customization. But that's why its on the "Super Wish List". Not "super" as in must-have, just like "in a perfect world" type scenario. If you catch my meaning.
Yeah, I get you. Still, doing that on a console would still be very..... awkward at the least. Weapon customisation, (if you are talking about the physical aspects of it that is) is something the creation kit cannot do though. Thats something higher up thats done in a 3D modelling program like 3ds Max or blender.
Personally, I think Sony and Microsoft should just allow "approved" mods to be readily available to console players. It shouldn't be that hard to do. More talented people than I have allready done something along the lines of what you want. (I recently found a mod that allows you to make a daedric sword in a steel sword style)

nolandman

Yeah, I get you. Still, doing that on a console would still be very..... awkward at the least. Weapon customisation, (if you are talking about the physical aspects of it that is) is something the creation kit cannot do though. Thats something higher up thats done in a 3D modelling program like 3ds Max or blender.
Personally, I think Sony and Microsoft should just allow "approved" mods to be readily available to console players. It shouldn't be that hard to do. More talented people than I have allready done something along the lines of what you want. (I recently found a mod that allows you to make a daedric sword in a steel sword style)
AH, I see what you're saying, and yes I'm talking about the physical aspect. I completely overlooked actually crafting the models. Then lemme ask you this: how would one go about putting an item, weapon, set of armor, etc that they created into the game? Is it ike a drag-n-drop into the right file within Skyrim's guts kind of thing, or something else? Or does it depend on your methods during the entirety of the process? Better yet what's the most stable way you've encountered that works? Hehe, I feel like you have all the answers-or if not all, a good amount. Really at the end of the day I would like to get into modding pretty heavily, granted I can amass all the things needed; and I think you'd have some substantial input.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I just need some things from you for Skyrim, Bethesda; and maybe if I can generate enough noise you'll listen and grant my requests... :sadface:

1. Please patch the hood disappearance for vampires (discovered for me during Dawnguard)
2. Add both light and heavy craftable fur hoods (armored and none) in brown, black, and white
4. Add more character animations, like turning around, walking/running up and down stairs and inclines; maybe even climbing <3 (I know that's pushing it...)
5. More "great beasts" roaming the wilds (like griffins or something, bears and mammoths can't dominate forever)

SUPER WISH LIST:
1. A light version of the Creation Kit for console users (PRETTY PLEASE???)
2. First person horse back riding
3. Introduction of different cultures within Skyrim via armors, weapons, and items with associated quests (I know that its Nord land and all but there's a high Dunmer and Argonian population in Windhelm. Its hard to believe they didn't bring any wares from home...)
4. Please bring back expansions in their own boxes (You just can't beat that feel...)

What's on your wish list for Skyrim patches, DLC, full-blown expansions, etc?

I agree with this, all of this. More armor slots for the next game would be nice Ex: head, chest, legs, hands, feet, neck (multiple?), back, ring (multiple?). I also would like to see relics / spell books used for some powerful spell casting. I like the armor on top of armor idea above.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
AH, I see what you're saying, and yes I'm talking about the physical aspect. I completely overlooked actually crafting the models. Then lemme ask you this: how would one go about putting an item, weapon, set of armor, etc that they created into the game? Is it ike a drag-n-drop into the right file within Skyrim's guts kind of thing, or something else? Or does it depend on your methods during the entirety of the process? Better yet what's the most stable way you've encountered that works? Hehe, I feel like you have all the answers-or if not all, a good amount. Really at the end of the day I would like to get into modding pretty heavily, granted I can amass all the things needed; and I think you'd have some substantial input.

Ok, I'll explain it as best I can. Yes, it is fairly straightforward (to my knowledge) to get something you made into the game; Once you have made what you want to make with your 3d modelling program, all you need to do is make the file into a file that the creation kit and Skyrim understands (.nif file). From there, you can import it into the creation kit, edit any stats it has (if any) and place it where you want it into Skyrim. Obviously there is a few extra things to do in the modelling process (UV mapping, etc.), but thats some full on tutorial stuff to go through to understand, and others could most likely explain it better than me, as I haven't actually created anything from scratch yet, but I plan to - which is why I know this much.

Basic things like creating a follower, dungeon or house using allready in-game assets is quite easy to do though, which is why you see so many house and follower mods on the steam workshop. The process in creating thingslike houses and dungeons this is quite literally just click and drag whatever you want where you want it.
Creating a follower (or other NPC) is also very easy, all you need to do is add their dialogue, facial, inventory and AI behaviour data and they are good to go.
However I've found getting a creature follower is a lot harder, as you have to create your own scripts, which I have found quite quite difficult. (I made a Chaurus Reaper to be my companion, but all I can do is tell him to go home, its getting quite annoying as I can't find what I've done wrong.)

Nakatsu_Hime

Just a thought, but now that Dawngaurd is all but competely rolled-out, do we think Bethesda will actually look to fixing the common quest issues that the original game still suffers from?

The alternative is that they ignore us and skip to their next cash-cow, but they wouldn't do that - would they?

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master

AS88

Staff member

This sounds a lot like Dragon's Dogma to me. Although, it's nowhere near as involving and amazing as Skyrim. Roughly 100 hours compared to nearer 1000, go figure.

A lot of this stuff is doable on Skyrim with mods, if you're playing on PC?

jRi0T68

100% agree, especially 1st person horse riding. The goofy controls that exist now kill it for me. I won't ride a horse because it's awkward.