Spoiler SPOILER ALERT: Paarthurnax

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SmokinBeatZ

Hello everyone,ive just come to the end of the main quest and could not believe the questline for killing Paarthurnax. Not only was it completely unexpected but i could not find a moral reason to want to kill him. Delphine did you not give a good enough reason to do so,i soon realised how useless and flawed the whole blades storyline was. Whats everyones thoughts on this and did anyone kill him and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bytebrain

I let him live.
I liked the old dragon, and I play a good guy this time around.
I had to steal the Blade Gear though, they hadn't given it to me yet.
Luckily it was just laying on display. They didn't see me steal it though. I wonder if they'll mention it to me if I return to them.

It sucks a bit that they want to have him killed, as I understand I'm missing out on some quests, but it's also very, very cool, as it's one of the few times there's consequence for my actions in Skyrim, something I really, really miss in the game.

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
I let him live because fluff the blades, they never did anything for me. Paarthunax actually gave me a cool shout.

Alduin

Alduin feyn do jun
I let Paarthurnax live. Awesome voice, awesome appearance, only dragon besides Odahviing who doesn't wanna kill you. The Blades are douchebags even though the weapon you get is useful against dragons.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I think not killing him is what you are somewhat intended to do.

I think the dragonborn in future games will have been assumed to have let him live.

The blades are stupid. I was very dissapointed with the lack of depth associated with their characters. Why pay such an amazing voice actor to say "I'm sorry, I will not help you until Paarthurnax lies dead." Over and over again.

CharlesD

You can get the armor and the sword for nothing anyway. When you come into Sky Haven Temple and enter the room with Alduin's wall, just go into a small room to the left and it's all in there, armor in a chest and the sword on a table.

Chryss

I kinda understand their reasoning, he was Alduins right hand however, if you speak to the Graybeards they will also explain that Parthonax taught us the way of the voice. He helps in killing Alduin.
With that knowledge I cannot kill him. I did finish Sovingard and a comment was made by Odaving about the treachery of Parthonax now that Alduin is gone. Without giving too much away, The Dragons do NOT stop after Sovingard.

renzlawliet

dont kill paarthnux.. remember this dragon gives us fire breath - INFERNO and Active effect the one its called fire with in us.. he's very helpful unlike this BLADE plops thing.. i just get the dragonbane btw i also recruited LYDIA in BLADE so look @ lydia's armor she wears BLADE set

CharlesD

If I was writing the next chapter in the game, I think I would include a twist that involves Paarthurnax being the real bad guy and Alduin was kind of a puppet, etc.

But with that said, there really is no reason to kill him unless you just want the extra quests, but there already is so much blasted stuff to do in this game that you really don't need the extra few quests you might get from the Blades. You can get the Blades armor and the dragonbane sword without killing him, so there really is no need.

Evina

I'm not killing ancient dragons. Especially if they are cool.

SmokinBeatZ

Im glad you all agree,i personally like the whole greybeard set up,although i will rate anyone who doesnt fast travel to the spine! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts