Xbox 360 Speech leveling (easy way?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fdugn545

Okay like the title states I'm looking for an easier or simpler way to level speech. I recently went legendary on my speech skill and now I'm kind of regretting it (I'm greedy and I love persuading people!) anyways I know that selling/buying stuff will level it but how long (on average) does it take to gain a level in this method? I have used the old speech glitch in riften on other characters before but after the DLCs that bug has been fixed so I guess I gotta actually try now. I'm sorry I just think that speech is a waste of time to level.

Fred
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
There is a glitch for speech..

I'm not entirely sure about the specifics but it involves a fisher/bartender in Riften. try googling the Riften Speech Glitch. that will help you. if you don't mind mashing the A button :D

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
They fixed the Black-Briar mead guy in 1.9. The only way I know of is to sell bulk items one at a time, not a glitch but it gets your speech up faster.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
If it is a waste of time I wonder why you are looking for so many alternative ways to upgrade it anyway :). If you like and use it a lot I don't see harm in upgrading it.

The only thing I can think of is selling a lot. And I mean a lot. I collected like 50 steel swords and sold them to every blacksmith I could find.
I also wore a lot of speech craft improving amulets. And of course I visited lots of trainers.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Sell stuff or find a speech trainer like at the Bard's College.

Fdugn545

If it is a waste of time I wonder why you are looking for so many alternative ways to upgrade it anyway :). If you like and use it a lot I don't see harm in upgrading it.

The only thing I can think of is selling a lot. And I mean a lot. I collected like 50 steel swords and sold them to every blacksmith I could find.
I also wore a lot of speech craft improving amulets. And of course I visited lots of trainers.
I enjoy the perks of it I just think that the process of leveling it up is a waste of time. (and boring)

Fdugn545

I guess I'll just go on a buying/selling spree. The main reason I want it is to be able to sell my stolen goods to everyone not just to the thieves guild.

Nighthiker77

Buying cheap ingredients will level it very fast. Then you can either use them, keep them, or sell them back. Higher value items give more experience, but not proportionally, so more cheaper items will give you more experience for the same amount of money. The apothecary vendors are loaded with low value items in low quantities so you can buy 1 by 1 without any extra effort.

Locks066

i end up getting my speech up when i am selling my potions. If you are and enchanter make some armor or stuff that improves your potions to be 25% stronger. If not find some stuff to do so find them in blacksmiths or general stores. THIS IS A VERY EFFECTIVE WAY TO GAIN SPEECH LEVEL. And not to mention the tone or 2 of gold comming in every hour is just the cherry on top of the cake :3

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
Easy way to level it up is to get the Aetherial Crown, set it to Lover's Stone, activate the Thief Stone, have a bunch of loot saved up(preferably enchant most of it for a bigger payoff), take off the crown and sleep in your house(unless you're a werewolf), wake up and immediatly put the crown back on, now sell all the loot.
You'll get a total bonus of +45-50%(depending on if married)

Fdugn545

My character is mostly a thief/assassin and so I don't really enchant or make potions but those are both skills I may have to aquire soon.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
My advice is activate the Thief Stone, run around Skyrim collecting alchemy ingredients, spent a crapton of time at an alchemy table making potions, then sell them one at a time. Good news is, Alchemy is a stealth skill as well, so the Thief Stone affects it as well as the Speech skill. :)

Of course, if you have the coin, you can always train. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Speech has a list of trainers, down the page midway-bottom.

Fdugn545

My advice is activate the Thief Stone, run around Skyrim collecting alchemy ingredients, spent a crapton of time at an alchemy table making potions, then sell them one at a time. Good news is, Alchemy is a stealth skill as well, so the Thief Stone affects it as well as the Speech skill. :)

Of course, if you have the coin, you can always train. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Speech has a list of trainers, down the page midway-bottom.
Thanks for the list man! I'll try this out later on!

HenkZ

There's many ways to leveling up speach very fast, depending on your personal gamepreferences, of course. One way is to use the potionglitch, combined with creating smithingarmor with ridiculous enchants. When that is done, make daggers and sell it to the smithwoman in Whiterun. Continue to do this frequently, and you will level your speach very fast, even if you give the daggers to her, for free. But, as I said, that depends of your own preferences of playing the game "legit" or not. :)

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Whenever you get the chance, use Persuade and Intimidate. Never do anything else but these. This way your speech will increase. Also selling items in large amounts increases Speech

Fdugn545

Okay guys I've taken your advice and I've leveled my speech from 15 to 30 since yesterday. And I haven't really put any extra thought into it. So I guess it's not so bad. Thanks everyone for all the replies! I've never been on a forum with such quick responses!

Fred

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Adam Warlock

Speech Skill xp raises on the base(not improved) value of the item sold or purchased.
Buying and selling expensive armor/weapons that are already enchanted(highest=banish weapons) will level Speech faster than selling custom enchanted or tempered items at similar price.

If you have Hearthfire DLC , Alchemy is the way to go.
With sufficient Alchemy skill/Fortify Alchemy gear , you can make Waterbreathing potions using Salmon Roe that will exceed 10,000 septims base price .

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Alchemy route is best route for me for one reason, for some reason (glitch I assume) the alchemy dealers will still give you full experience credit for selling potions to them even if they have no money and there seems to be no ceiling. Spam expensive potions (Giant's Toe when possible) and sell them all. If you don't care about money, just keep selling even if they run out of money as it will still count for experience. This seems to only work for potions and only with alchemy dealers from my experience.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Also... if you want to use the restoration loop to make potions worth $1,000,000 or so, you can level your entire speech skill from 15 to 100 in the selling of one potion. Lol. Lame and broken but effective if you want to auto-level.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts