PS3 Spectacular Dancing Dead Dragon Glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brent Fischer

Ah, Whiterun. Home of the ever-proliferating colony of Louis Letrushes, wise-ass guards who never recognize me, citizens who follow me into my home and refuse to leave... and a flopping limp rubbery dead dragon in the street, every single time I open a door (either the main gate or the door of a building in Whiterun). I seriously wish I could record a video of the glitch. The dead dragons dance continuously, like obscene and creepy marionettes. It's utterly comic, in a horrifying sort of way. Sometimes the dragons manifest halfway into a wall or the pavement. Just a head or a tail sticking out. *Shudder.* Someone ought to start a dragon BBQ stand.

Other glitches that drive me crazy or challenge my suspension of disbelief: the Horse (see my comments on the Stupid Horse! thread), which is never the same color, never stays where I put it, charges into fights out of nowhere, and respawns somewhere else when it dies so I can't buy a proper horse; the dead body of Sven (killed by a dragon) that has remained in the street of Riverwood for about 6 months game time; the dead body of the innkeeper in Dragon's Bridge (same story -- his daughter keeps wandering by and saying "this can't be happening...!" over and over and over); and the Bonestrewn Crest dragon, which never properly burns up (just lies there, inert, and respawns overnight).

My favorite glitch was probably the often-reported problem with the Waking Nightmare quest, in which Erandur refuses to budge from his barstool. A recommendation I read online suggested the Unrelenting Force shout might get him moving. This led to some inadvertent comedy (and a lot of angry citizens with weapons), as bodies tumbled ass-over-teakettle through the air in all directions. Using the shout directed *at the floor* in front of Erandur's feet worked MUCH better. No angry citizens. No flying bodies. I still laugh about it every time I remember it, though.

Anyone else have a favorite glitch? Again, I seriously wish I could record video.

Brent Fischer

Woot! My PS3 is downloading an update...maybe the dragons will behave the way they're supposed to, now! (Oh, behave!) Will keep you posted...