• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

pBRETONm

As we all know killing a dragon is abit of a scuffle but achievable. But when you go through all that and you get no soul from the pointy headed freak can be abit frustrating for me. It's only happened to me a couple of times out of the twenty something souls that I have gathered, but I think I know why it happens. Someone else steals the kill!!! Yes I was minding my own slaying a dragon as you do and a giant majestically walks up to it and gives it a tap and boom... dead. I thought 'thanks for the help' and waited for my soul. Nope nothin. Doesn't even turn into skeleton. So I killed said giant and took his soul instead. Does any one else share the same heart (soul) ache as me. :eek:

plopster

Awesome dude
No but this one time a few years ago I flatted with this crazy Korean guy named Tian. He wasn't that crazy in fact he was a pretty nice guy but this one time I didn't have any money for the coke machine so I sold my soul to him for a few bucks - I don't feel like I'm missing anything yet though but I was really surprised when he offered :D

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Several times i've been fighting a dragon and someone (or something) else actually gets the finishing blow, and don't absorb the soul until i looted it. In fact, once i found a dragon dead that i had nothing to do with killing, looted it, and still absorbed the soul

Ironclad

I have only had one dragon that didn't leave it's soul. No one else was involved in the fight. But it's barely important though eh, I have all but finished the game's MQ and have an excess of DSs.

pBRETONm

Several times i've been fighting a dragon and someone (or something) else actually gets the finishing blow, and don't absorb the soul until i looted it. In fact, once i found a dragon dead that i had nothing to do with killing, looted it, and still absorbed the soul

You have pc or console version?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You get the soul of a Dragon regardless of whether you killed it or not. I have come across dead Dragons slain by the Forsworn and Aldmer and gotten their souls once I was close enough to them. The Dragons that don't give a soul after dying are generally ones that come from spawned areas where the original Dragon that was there has already been killed.

Holden

Once you start to get a lot of souls, say about 20, it will start occuring every now and then. Aside from this though, every dragon I have killed at Shearpoint has not given up its soul.