• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
i have 2 black soul gems in my inventory and they both have lesser souls in them due to me hunting and using a summoned sword.

is there a way to empty the soul in them without destroying them? cheers

that sucks :p i dont even remember when they got filled so that sucks. definately gonna start storing the grands and the blacks on my companion from now on!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I have 2 questions....... what is a black soul gem? Isn't that the thing you need for curing vampirism? And what monster/thing drops grand souls(I guess thats how you put it) Dragons?

black soul gems store human souls, the only ones that are capable of it, they act as grand souls so its quite handy to have some when you go killing bandits or something.

in oblivion they were severely frowned upon but i dont think theyre too bad in skyrim, in fact i think ive seen a guy in the mages guild sell them.

i cant answer the other question you have though sorry

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Once a soul is a gem it can only be used, unless you have 1 of the 2 Azura stars, which is HIGHLY rec you get the black star for ez grands and that humanoids match the beast/creature population evenly.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Yes, when you do her quest, you have a choice to take it to the Nalacath guy or whatever his name is, you'll see him in the quest, pretty much you can take it to him to make it a black azura star or to azura's follower and make it a traditional star for only monsters/creatures/beasts w/e.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Yeah it's probably THE best item for recharging in game and for enchanting if you don't feel like farming Black Soul Gems.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Btw Nikola if you are wondering what Black Soul Gems are, they are for collecting humanoid souls which are ALWAYS grand, no matter if you destroy a beggar or a Warlord of some sort.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
They are usually in random loot and such. Mehrunes Dagon's Shrine is a good source of them once you do the quest from the Musuem that opens in Dawnstar @ level 20.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts