• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Make sure you don't leave it too long. Lydia got kidnapped and I think she got Stockholm Syndrome. When I killed the bandit leader she was really upset. Then spent days back home, standing on the balcony, staring off into the distance. Now she has taken up drinking with the bard.

That's definitely Stockholm Syndrome...

What in the world is Stockholm syndrome >>>.?? So many things that make you sick in this game , but this is new to me

What Lord Aethok said. Basically the victim bonds with their captors. When I rescued Lydia we were walking past the dead bandit leaders body and she bent down and said "I'm going to find out whoever did this" and then started doing this weird hand thing over his body. Meanwhile I am standing there.. "Um Lyds, it's time to go home now." "I'll be all right" was all she would say to me, and proceeded to walk home....in the wrong direction. I decided I would follow her for a while just to make sure she didn't wander off course.

Torok

Oh, yeah, someone is indeed going to die.

If some lowlife bandit took my husband or wife or kid(s) away I'd kill them, send their souls to Oblivion, conjure them back and then kill them again. Ok, I know that's not possible, except with mods. But heads will roll.

Harc

Big Hog
I've yet to have my wife get kidnapped. I can't even finish building my House because I break down after I look at all the plops I have to do in order to get what I want, so I usually spazz out and never return to my house location ever again.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Wait, is this a real quest?!? So confused right now...

Wildroses

Wait, is this a real quest?!? So confused right now...

Yes. There are three different rescue quests in Skyrim which have all been mentioned here, which may be why you are confused.

First of all, there is a rescue mission for the Companions. The victim is completely random.

Second, there is a rescue mission in Dawnguard if you take the Dawnguard's side. Florentius gives it to you. In these cases, the victim is either your spouse or a person the game considers a friend to you, normally someone you have done a quest for. It can bring about situations like this: http://sir-douglas-of-fir.deviantart.com/art/Hostage-Situation-363338183

Third, there is a quest as part of Hearthfire. If you move your spouse into a homestead, there is a chance when you come home they will have been kidnapped by a bandit. This quest doesn't seem to happen very often, but when it does bandits should watch out.

That's definitely Stockholm Syndrome...

What in the world is Stockholm syndrome >>>.?? So many things that make you sick in this game , but this is new to me

What Lord Aethok said. Basically the victim bonds with their captors. When I rescued Lydia we were walking past the dead bandit leaders body and she bent down and said "I'm going to find out whoever did this" and then started doing this weird hand thing over his body. Meanwhile I am standing there.. "Um Lyds, it's time to go home now." "I'll be all right" was all she would say to me, and proceeded to walk home....in the wrong direction. I decided I would follow her for a while just to make sure she didn't wander off course.

This game is off the charts ^^^^^^^^ just when I think I have done it all here comes something else.... Thanks Kitty yer rhe BEST :Dragonborn:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

This game is off the charts ^^^^^^^^ just when I think I have done it all here comes something else.... Thanks Kitty yer rhe BEST :Dragonborn:

Nawww.. thanks Remi! ;)

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
Well as a guard of Dawnstar I have rescue people constantly and it is really annoying because I am allergic to vampirism and for some reason vampires like kidnapping the kids. Although I once rescued the jarl and now I am Thain

LuChao

The Martial artist
I have had one character get married for a long time and this quest never happened is it due to a DLC?

LuChao

The Martial artist
I have had one character get married for a long time and this quest never happened is it due to a DLC?

You need either the Hearthfire or the Dawnguard DLC LuChao :)
Hearthfire, bandits kidnap your loved ones, and Dawnguard it's usually a vampire with some bandits.

odd never happened to me yet and I had all three at the time

Chadonraz

I did my very first Dawnguard Rescue yesterday. In Broken Helm Hollow, which is like next door to Dayspring Canyon. xD

Danica Pure-Spring was the victim, so someone I actually knew. I was hoping it'd been some NPC I didn't know considered me a friend. :p

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it
Lydia is always the one kidnapped for me.

Always.

As in every time.

Then I go save her and as I am letting her go I'm thinking, "Wait, when you're with me you have no problem killing things, you're telling me you let one vampire/lame bandits catch you?"

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
wow.. your husband or wife can get kidnapped on the game!!?? wasn't aware of that one, then again i've never married an npc neither so..

5Bigfoots

Anyone know if M'aiq the Liar is trustworthy? Once I built my home he was just there and never goes away. I keep feeling like he's up to no good.

5Bigfoots

All I know is that I built the Lakeview Manor and he appeared at the front of my house. For a while he just walked around the front saying random stuff but eventually I ran into him inside my house. I was like "what the frick" and started punching him. Then my household went after him but he doesn't die and still wanders around.