Some enchanting help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cmp007

Let me start out with my enchant and alchemy are lvl 100. Alchemy has the + perks that make my potions stronger. Ok so I was planning on doing some enchanting to my daedric warhammer. I have absorb health and stamina I wanted to put on it. First of all with alchemy (I am using potions) I had +100 on some armor pieces when I made the fortify enchant potion and still only came out with a +30% enchant potion. That seems like it should be alot more since the last time I made a smithing it was way more than double that. Well without potions it says the absorb health is 20 points and stamina would be 25. With the 30% potion it goes to 23 and 28 (which is not a 30% gain). But my main concern on top of everything is why is the enchant for those 2 things so low? I mean the voldrung(sp - daedric quest warhammer) is at absorb 50 points of stamina. I figured id at least be able to make that but its only half. So am I doing something wrong or what? I would be happy if i could get it to at least close to 50. Also I am using grand soul gems.

bignik112

Let me start out with my enchant and alchemy are lvl 100. Alchemy has the + perks that make my potions stronger. Ok so I was planning on doing some enchanting to my daedric warhammer. I have absorb health and stamina I wanted to put on it. First of all with alchemy (I am using potions) I had +100 on some armor pieces when I made the fortify enchant potion and still only came out with a +30% enchant potion. That seems like it should be alot more since the last time I made a smithing it was way more than double that. Well without potions it says the absorb health is 20 points and stamina would be 25. With the 30% potion it goes to 23 and 28 (which is not a 30% gain). But my main concern on top of everything is why is the enchant for those 2 things so low? I mean the voldrung(sp - daedric quest warhammer) is at absorb 50 points of stamina. I figured id at least be able to make that but its only half. So am I doing something wrong or what? I would be happy if i could get it to at least close to 50. Also I am using grand soul gems.

I can teach u a way around it if u'd like. im not sure of the max for those enchants because ive never experimented with them. but i know they have some special weapons that are made to be higher than what u can get legitimately simply because they wouldnt be special if they werent lol. try using the potion of restoration method to make a really high fortify enchanting potion. if u look on youtube for it you'll find a video of it.

cmp007

Oh jesus thats insane I just read it all. Well ill do that to get my stuff up to absorb 50 and call it a day haha

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Fortify Restoration potion is an exploit. It has nothing to do with understanding the mechanics of enchanting but everyone has to make up their own mind about using exploits.

cmp007

I understand the mechanics ive done my research on all of it lol. I just dont understand why the health and stamina absorb are so little. Ive used others and its a dramatic number. I just want a little bit extra not really gonna exploit anything

Dagmar

I understand the mechanics ive done my research on all of it..
You're research isn't complete but in all fairness the sources of information are split up all over the internet. Most people only look for articles on Enchanting but few bother to look for articles about Enchantments which play a large part in understanding the process. You probably didn't because you seem to be under the impression that the 30% modification from the potion should be to the number 23 but as you've found out, it clearly isn't.

Here's where your results are coming from. The base magnitude of the Absorb Health enchantment is 8, and the base magnitude of the Absorb Stamina enchantment is 10. This is increased by your Enchanting skill which at 100 will make the magnitude of the Absorb Health enchantment 10 and the Absorb Stamina enchantment 12.5. Your 5 Enchanter perks increase these numbers by 100% to 20 and 25 but your Fortify Enchanting potion only applies the 30% increase to the original base magnitudes of 8 and 10. That's why you are getting 23 Absorb Health which is 22.4 rounded up, and 28 Absorb Stamina.

You can get a stronger Fortify Enchanting potion by making your own potions with 100 Alchemy, 4 pieces of Fortify Alchemy apparel and 5 perks in Alchemist and 1 perk in the Benefactor perk but you are never going to get even close to a single 50 Absorb Stamina Enchantment on a weapon without using the Fortify Restoration potion exploit.

Volendrung's Absorb Stamina enchantment is unique and not the same one that is on normal enchanted items you find. You can't disenchant Volendrung either, but there is another item in the game that also has a different unique Absorb Stamina enchantment that you can disenchant so you can stack the 2 different Absorb Stamina enchantments on the same weapon like so:

6833633753_19bfb041e2_b.jpg

If that isn't good enough for you than you're going to have to use exploits like the Fortify Restoration potion (there are other exploits but that one is the most popular because it requires the least effort).

cmp007

I have the perks in alchemy and enchant to raise it and also the +100% alchemy pieces and still only get 30. Thats what I though was odd. How did you get your attack up so high? I think my daedric warhammer is like 168 and thats with all my perks +100% on apparel and a +58% potion and thats the highest I got

Jeff31

Premium Member
I have the perks in alchemy and enchant to raise it and also the +100% alchemy pieces and still only get 30. Thats what I though was odd. How did you get your attack up so high? I think my daedric warhammer is like 168 and thats with all my perks +100% on apparel and a +58% potion and thats the highest I got

You also need to make the fortify potions with enchanting and smithihng or alcmey, the max you can git with enchanting potions is 28% max with smithing is 127% max with alcemy is 28% thats with now cheats! Oh and make sure you have atleast four pices of clothing enchated with what you want also a ring and neckless doing so gives you a hudge boost in what ever you are improving.

Jeff31

Premium Member
Well you should be good to go do you have the right perks?

Dagmar

You also need to make the fortify potions with enchanting and smithihng or alcmey, the max you can git with enchanting potions is 28% max with smithing is 127% max with alcemy is 28%.....
It's 29%. 28% is the max you can get without using alchemy skills and perks (using store bought Enchanter's Elixirs which Fortify Enchanting by 30%). If you use alchemy with the perk set I mentioned above and wear the 112% Fortify Alchemy set you can make a better Fortify Enchanting potion to make the 116% set. You can then use the Alchemy set to make a 130% Fortify Smithing potion.

Jeff31

Premium Member
It's 29%. 28% is the max you can get without using alchemy skills and perks (using store bought Enchanter's Elixirs which Fortify Enchanting by 30%). If you use alchemy with the perk set I mentioned above and wear the 112% Fortify Alchemy set you can make a better Fortify Enchanting potion to make the 116% set. You can then use the Alchemy set to make a 130% Fortify Smithing potion.

Well I was off just a bit, I was saying it off the top of my head so give me a break :p