Some build Questions - Sneak/Light Armour Perks

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

St1ngray

Hi All,

I just had a few questions and was looking for advice on my build, there were a few perks I wasn't really sure how they exactly work, and if they would negate the need for each other.

for example

LA Perk
)Light Armour Weighs nothing

vs

Sneak Perk
)Noise from Armour is reduced by 50%

If I was to get the Light Armour Weighs nothing, would that also mean the noise from it would be negated and hence making the Sneak Perk for noise reduction pointless?
Would Light Armour in my inventory weigh nothing also, or will it effect equipped only.
Also does this have any effect on detection for walking/running too? which leads to my next question.

Sneak Perls
)Sprinting While sneaking executes silent Forward Roll

The forward roll, just from a coolness factor I really want but is there any use to it? assuming I have muffle & reduced Armour Weight to nothing, is rolling faster then say just normal sneak running?

Assuming by this point I have gotten all the aforementioned perks as prerequisites, how much value is there in the Silence Perk->

)Walking and Running doesn't affect Detections

And would this then make the roll completely pointless? Does this refer to regular walking/running or only to sneak walk/run ?

Apologies for the many muddled Questions, but hope someone can clarify this in my head. :)

thanks!

The armour perk has no baring on sneaking or on stuff you carry. Just on equipped items.

The muffle and silence perks are useful but not essential depending on what kit/skills you have. If you have made some enchanted gear with muffle on them that's 100% reduction in noise the same as the silence perk. If you have the muffle spell that's also 100% reduction. So if you are using either of those you don't need the perks.

The forward roll is the sneak version of sprinting and very useful for moving fast. Best used with the 100% noise reduction to avoid detection.

Also for an easy life of sneaking work up your illusion and get the invisibility spell :)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If I was to get the Light Armour Weighs nothing, would that also mean the noise from it would be negated and hence making the Sneak Perk for noise reduction pointless?
The noise from the armor is negated but you have a base movement noise factor that remains. The Muffle perk description is a bit off. It's a noise reduction fractional multipler (.5) for all movement noise not just noise from armor so it still has value. The Silence perk completely eliminates movement noise because the multiplier is 1. If you don't want to rely on the Muffle enchanted boots (the Shrouded Boots from the Dark Brotherhood have a movement noise reduction factor of .5, the Nightingale Boots from the Thieves Guild have movement noise reduction factor of 1 as do all boots with the generic Muffle enchantment), or prefer to take the perks for roleplaying purposes, then it's the way to go for a stealth build.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts