• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FullmetalHeart20

I'm trying to put together a build for a Soldier, second or first class. I've got some ideas, such as two handed, destruction, restoration, and conjuring. I'm not so sure about armor. Any tips?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I cant think of any armor :sadface: I have made a Sethiroth build before though :)

Shadow King

First of all I should warn you I am crap at making builds I can make a build in 10 mins flat lol that why I rarely give advice on builds but this is what I done. :sadface:

Two handed, Destruction, Restoration, Enchanting, Sneak,

I gave him sneak because he always came out of nowhere in the game/advent children I always remember him as silent and undetectable.

I also used some conjuration as an alternative to summons but I then found out starting the main quest gives u shouts to summon dragons/heroes of sovengarde etc if you do the required quests, so that was much better for me.

for his Equipment I gave him royal vampire armor mainly for the cape and gave him the ebony blade which best resembles his long skinny sword.

I made him a nord and gave him long white hair.

Here is a little roleplay, I had a spark of genius or at least I thought lol. I remember that the night mother could be jenova mainly because they are both ancient and the coffin resembles sethiroths encounter with jenova when he rips into the wires when he finds her,hey dont u think Cicero acts a bit like sethiroth saying Mother Mother why wont u speak to me lol

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I'd say Light Armor is more suitable for a Soldier. Warriors tend to be more heavily armored in the FF verse. The former often opts for mobility over protection.

I'm more so deriving this build off of the Tactics spinoff games rather than the FF series itself, but trust me when I say that this build is pretty damn viable, if not straightforward.

Race: I'd go for the human-oriented builds on this one; Breton, Nord, or Redguard would be the best fit.
Standing Stone: Lover or Lord.
Skill Focus: You mentioned Two-Handed, but I think One-Handed would be a more feasible combination for Light Armor. With it, I'd perk Block (shield is optional), Destruction, and Restoration.

From what I gather (I've unfortunately never played FF7), your build sounds more like an arcane warrior, where as mine is a defensive spellblade. If you want to go Two-Handed, choose Heavy Armor over Light and keep the rest of the suggested skills. I'm unsure on Conjuration, since I usually like to limit my skill perks to five fields at the maximum.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Most likely, and I specified that. I just wanted to give you another view of what is commonly perceived as a Soldier in FF-land.

Shadow King

If alchemist wants to make his FF7 build as realistic as possible he would have to go light Armor and two handed, because there is no Heavy armor in game that could look anywhere like a soldier 1st or 2nd class or sethiroth build and 2 handed is a must the weapons in FF7 would weigh about 200 pounds in real life terms lol

Shadow King

Shadow King

Want the Buster Sword? There's a mod for that. Want the Masamune? There's a mod for that. Want the Highwind? There's a mod for that.

Only one slight problem I need a p.c for that, that and that :sadface: im not suprised they have them though :)

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I'd say Light Armor is more suitable for a Soldier. Warriors tend to be more heavily armored in the FF verse. The former often opts for mobility over protection.

I'm more so deriving this build off of the Tactics spinoff games rather than the FF series itself, but trust me when I say that this build is pretty damn viable, if not straightforward.

Race: I'd go for the human-oriented builds on this one; Breton, Nord, or Redguard would be the best fit.
Standing Stone: Lover or Lord.
Skill Focus: You mentioned Two-Handed, but I think One-Handed would be a more feasible combination for Light Armor. With it, I'd perk Block (shield is optional), Destruction, and Restoration.

From what I gather (I've unfortunately never played FF7), your build sounds more like an arcane warrior, where as mine is a defensive spellblade. If you want to go Two-Handed, choose Heavy Armor over Light and keep the rest of the suggested skills. I'm unsure on Conjuration, since I usually like to limit my skill perks to five fields at the maximum.

I would say that you should go One-Handed, Block, Light Armor, Restoration and Alchemy. Rangers/Soldiers can live off the land, and alchemy would be for healing as well as poisoning. Also, Archery and Sneak would apply, as a ranger/soldier would need to sneak to hunt game for food. I know that is 7 perks, but with alchemy, restoration, to me, would not needed. That would mean only 6 perks to level up.

I have found, and learned through reading threads in this forum, is that conjuration spells like Bound Sword or Bound Bow work off of your skills in One Handed & Archery, so that would be two perks to level for one spell.

I don't know about the upper level Conjuration, but there are threads that would be able to tell you more.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I think if you put in the guides/ build section you may get more help. I know Psiberzerker loves helping with builds. I do as well but i dont play Final Fantasy :sadface:

Jaeger

I would say that you should go One-Handed, Block, Light Armor, Restoration and Alchemy. Rangers/Soldiers can live off the land, and alchemy would be for healing as well as poisoning. Also, Archery and Sneak would apply, as a ranger/soldier would need to sneak to hunt game for food. I know that is 7 perks, but with alchemy, restoration, to me, would not needed. That would mean only 6 perks to level up.

I have found, and learned through reading threads in this forum, is that conjuration spells like Bound Sword or Bound Bow work off of your skills in One Handed & Archery, so that would be two perks to level for one spell.

I don't know about the upper level Conjuration, but there are threads that would be able to tell you more.

That's my build right now. Ultimately, Auriel's bow and shield, Zephyr, Atherial crown, Ancient falmer armor (if she looks good in it or keep the elven), Dawnbreaker.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts