• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sword&Sorcery Super Hero

Super Hero of the Fantasy Realm
I've heard it mentioned in the game and it is mentioned in the book 'A Dance In Fire' in-game, but, to my knowledge, it is never fully explained. My best understand is that it is a ritual the Bosmer undertake when they are pushed to extremes, which permanently turns everyone involved into savage ghost-beast apparitions. Anyone have any further information not mentioned here: Lore:Wild Hunt - UESPWiki ?

I also understand that the Wild Hunt is also a Norse (seriously typed 'Nordic' the first time lol) myth which is pretty interesting to read about for anyone interested.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's a ritual that opens a portal, letting loose all the hellish phantasms and supernatural predators that infest Hercine's own little slice of Oblivion. At least, that's what it sounded like in A Dance In Fire. They devour everything and everyone they come into contact with before turning on each other.

Sword&Sorcery Super Hero

It certainly sounds that way but this game has deep and intriguing lore. The developers make it seem so enigmatic it makes me want more information about it if there is any.

It's an espy from Keltic myth, Hircine is basically Herne, who's said to be a man in furs, with antlers on his head. His hounds also have green flames for tongues. Each full moon, they gather their souls, sometimes even those of the living, and hunt all night until moo set, or sunrize, whichever comes first. In skyrim, it's with Werewolves.

Sword&Sorcery Super Hero

It's an espy from Keltic myth, Hircine is basically Herne, who's said to be a man in furs, with antlers on his head. His hounds also have green flames for tongues. Each full moon, they gather their souls, sometimes even those of the living, and hunt all night until moo set, or sunrize, whichever comes first. In skyrim, it's with Werewolves.

I've gotta admit, that sounds pretty awesome. Seems like old school mysticism was pretty bad-ass. From Judaism to Norse to Greek mythology, that was the creative outlet for sci-fi/ fantasy of those days and it is still awesome enough to be referenced and inspirational today.

Xarnac

The WH is a Bosmeri trait, brought on by a collective ritual to Y'ffre. It represents the chaos of the Dawn Era where all beings constantly shifted shape. After the Green Pact with Y'ffre, he taught the Bosmer how to retain a constant shape while also teaching them how to invoke the wild hunt. It's not a portal that lets anything loose, it's a permanent, mass transmogrification.

Once the monstrous stampede of the WH has ended, the Bosmer turn on themselves in a cannibalistic orgy of sorts. The beings are long lived however if they are not killed, lasting kalpas on end. The hunt itself is rarely invoked as it's seen as a Bosmer Nuke in a way. The Bosmer are not proud of their ability, but they do respect it as part of their being and culture.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts