• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
okay so i have done near evrything in skyrim and now im pretty much roleplaying and finishing off a couple quests of dragonborn dlc but i notice im stinking rich 360000 in gold just sitting there doing jack plops. what do i do with it. i thought how about invest in skooma become a drug cartell but see you cant buy in bulk most you can get at a time is like 8 bottles that wouldnt even do the argonian down riften docks for a night. so with all this gold why cant we buy rare and amazing things starting from say 10000g to say half a million gold peices you know something for the guys who have put 500+ hrs into it. i have 2 questons for use all 1. how much gold use got sitting around and 2. what would u like to buy for all that hard earnd gold

Volanere

Grand Magister
I had a ton i just bought every house in skyrim, and im having the same problem i still have 210000.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Hearthfire maybe?

Ritterkreuz

Yeah, for us PS 3 players, once you've bought every house the money just starts adding up.

neonworm

I would love this to be added in the form of a dlc (or update.)

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
I had ended up spending all of the Gold that I had accumulated on Skyrim (about 60k-90k) on lots of Moon sugar and Skooma just to get rid of it. Being that money can be earned so easily for a high level character such as mine I really have no trouble in wasting it. Couldn't say the same about my real-life situation though.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I had a ton i just bought every house in skyrim, and im having the same problem i still have 210000.
I bought every house, fully decorated them, invested in as many shops as I can find and remember, then buying complete sets and perfecting each one with smithing and enchanting them. Still got plenty of money, too bad we can't give more than 1 gold to each beggar at a time and 50-100 gold at a time at palaces/temples.

One thing I wish is that we could become a Jarl and build a city from the ground up using the gold we have and through investments and workers.

Robyroxit

Now that's a great idea. I've always wanted to raise an army and overthrow the sitting jarl. Then you'd get tribute gold from all the realms though so you'd be back to square one.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Urzek

I bought every house, fully decorated them, invested in as many shops as I can find and remember, then buying complete sets and perfecting each one with smithing and enchanting them. Still got plenty of money, too bad we can't give more than 1 gold to each beggar at a time and 50-100 gold at a time at palaces/temples.

One thing I wish is that we could become a Jarl and build a city from the ground up using the gold we have and through investments and workers.
Download a mod that lets you buy shops/buildings in whiterun. It also lets you buy mills and build shops.

Benthos

Proud Mer
You could give gold to all the beggers...360,000 times over lol :)
My god... imagine the button mashing and time spent just trying to hit that number... sure, watch something on TV or on the internet as you button mash but... no... just no... the horrors... I have enough time consuming projects with grinding and boosting certain skills. :sadface:

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
become a jarl i would love that and build a city amazing idea

neonworm

become a jarl i would love that and build a city amazing idea
That would change the point of the game. SKyrim is not a game about running a city.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
The Idea of running a city like a Jarl, would that not get after a while? I mean all you would really be doing is just sitting there dealing with problems like:

1. Ensuring social equality between different classes E.g Rich nobles and Poor beggars
2. Dealing with inflation on import and export goods going to and from you hold
3. Budgeting defence contracts which regard to training and arming of your cities guards
4. Keeping track of important social and religious events
5. Having a fair and humane Law system to deal with Criminals that cause trouble in the hold

These are but a few of more detailed processes that go into running a City as Jarl. Although it would be awesome if your were a Jarl to possibly launch campaigns of conquest against the other Holds.
But for now I will be just sticking to my Hunter/Gatherer Roleplaying lifestyle.

(All of the details were inspired by the RTS game Stronghold 2)

tonita

According to the Labor Department, consumer prices increased 1.8 percent in the first 11 months of 2012. That may not look like a lot, but inflation adds up. We are to pay a lot more for now than we did this past year, despite stubbornly high joblessness and stagnant wages. I wonder if the president of every country can deal with inflation if he/she successfully run a City like Jarl?

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Spend the dough on Lydia, baby! I'm sure she wouldn't mind a brand new spankin' set of Dragonbone armor.

Or, kill 360 guards, thus increasing your overall bounty to 360,000 septims. Then pay off your bounty.

Spend the dough on Lydia, baby! I'm sure she wouldn't mind a brand new spankin' set of Dragonbone armor.

Or, kill 360 guards, thus increasing your overall bounty to 360,000 septims. Then pay off your bounty.
If only Lydia was alive... DAMN BLACK-BRIARS!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts