So my Dragons Went Crazy...How are yours?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dashmiel

There I was, trying to go Dragon Soul hunting for Dragonborn perk resets when something strange happened...All of my dragons went nuts!

None of them would yield their souls upon death. They were clipping through the ground, and flying upside down.

But the crowning jewel of Dragon glitches for me was this Ancient Dragon that decided to show up in Mount Anthor...after his health went down to half...a dragon soul suddenly came to me. Thinking one of the many other dead dragons was a bit late on the giving, I looked up to continue my battle with my winged adversary.

Only to find that he had burned away and was now a flying skeleton that defied all laws of aerodynamics and produced fire from a non existent gullet.

So, in light of my bizarre Dragon night, I now ask you: What's your craziest Dragon glitch story?

Wildroses

I had one in which for some reason all the detail and resolution just vanished from the dragon. I was fighting what looked like this big blob of orange play-doh with blobby appendages and wings. Which is why the fact it was murdering me and making me swig through all my potions hurriedly was so bloody annoying.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
once i had killed a dragon in a city and anotherone came so i skot it down with arrows then it went ontop of the other dragon so i fus ro dah themto a foot of a mountain and both of them were lagging around everywhere and they sort of streched all the way back to riverwood.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
I fast travelled to whiterun once to find I was absorbing a dragon soul on arrival after which a dragons carcass decended from the sky and landed on top of me. Everytime I exited a building in whiterun this same skelebones dragon would fall from the sky and land as close to me as it could. I still have no idea why it was doing this but I know it was the same set of bones because I started storing loads of crap inside it like buckets wooden plates etc...It is now gone again no idea where or how it left but it was in my game for a good 5 months in game time...kinda miss him now *sniff*

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I got one!
I was fighting an Ancient Dragon, when all of a sudden, another Dragon comes out of nowhere and lands on top of me. I mean right on top of me. I'm thinking, "I can still do this." Well the dragon that landed on me decided to fly away... And apparently take me with him. I'm guessing that when he landed on me, if glitched so I was stuck inside him. So off we go on an adventure. And that's when I remember that first Dragon I was fighting. He obviously didn't like have his chew-toy taken away, so he comes flying after us, only he can't hit me. Instead he starts hitting the Dragon I'm stuck in, who in term, attacks back. Needless to say, the Ancient Dragon killed the one I was stuck in. I manage to kill the Ancient Dragon and take both Dragon's soul and think, "Well that was interesting. Better go home and sleep the confusion off." Think I have a chance at normalcy, right? WRONG! Apparently I was still partially stuck inside that stupid Dragon's skeleton! Everywhere I went, the bones were sure to follow... Even in my house. I Fus-Ro-Dah's that thing multiple times and it wouldn't budge. Luckily, saving and restarting my console fixed this problem, though I'm pretty sure my Housecarl did't enjoy having to pick up the mess in my house.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I was once sat on and couldn't move until Odav however you spell it came and bailed me out. I swear that thing flatulated on me :sadface:

At the place that reminds me of Yellowstone Park, North-West of Riften, the dragon there in the center of the area would always fly straight upwards when I initiated a battle with it. Im talking way way up into the sky so that eventually it disappeared from my screen then my compass. He also chose to freeze in his flying position to do complete his ascent. Didn't every actually kill him in the end....

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
At the place that reminds me of Yellowstone Park, North-West of Riften, the dragon there in the center of the area would always fly straight upwards when I initiated a battle with it. Im talking way way up into the sky so that eventually it disappeared from my screen then my compass. He also chose to freeze in his flying position to do complete his ascent. Didn't every actually kill him in the end....

I've had a few cowardly reptiles, who when layed low and forced to land, instead flew away... I chased one across Skyrim and it never landed... to this day I suspect it will make the trip around the world.

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
its not really a dragon glitch but ive caught a glitched dwarven centurion lagged up...it was sort of like breakdancing....i wakoke it up and the falmer were nearby so they killed it then kt got stuck inbetween the poles and was launched into the floor where it started brakdancing..i guess it was still counted as falling...

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

its not really a dragon glitch but ive caught a glitched dwarven centurion lagged up...it was sort of like breakdancing....i wakoke it up and the falmer were nearby so they killed it then kt got stuck inbetween the poles and was launched into the floor where it started brakdancing..i guess it was still counted as falling...

Are you sure it wasn't doing the Robot? :cool: