Spoiler So, my battlemage hits level 80 and...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
....goes back to Whiterun, only to find the Ebony Warrior waiting for her. And lo and behold, it turns out the Ebony Warrior is.....

MARCURIO!!!!!

:eek:

I was like, dude, I can tell that's you, Marcurio. You can hide your face behind that Ebony Helmet but you can't disguise your voice. Stop pretending like we've never met before.

Granted I love Marcurio and I like the voice actor, Jon Curry, but c'mon Bethesda, could you have not at least used one of the less ubiquitous voice actors in the game? Seriously, my battlemage had just walked past the Alik'r Warriors (both voiced by Curry) and just as she finished talking to the Ebony Warrior, Amren (also voiced by Curry) goes "Good to see you, friend!" It was a bit...ridiculous.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
:eek:

CaptMorgan72

I know exactly what you mean. Far to few voice actors in this game. Recycling for unimportant characters I can understand, but for the Ebony Warrior, available only after you max out your character? It should be a more unique voice.

Saozig

Hippy
I know exactly what you mean. Far to few voice actors in this game. Recycling for unimportant characters I can understand, but for the Ebony Warrior, available only after you max out your character? It should be a more unique voice.

Yeah, I don't think they thought this one through. I mean, even with characters of mine who don't use Marcurio as their go-to follower, I still run into that voice actor everywhere in the game--he voices many male Redguard NPCs including Maramel who you have to go to for the Marriage Quest, as wellas Faendal (who's often many players' first follower), the Wood (or Dark?) Elf who helps you in the Diplomatic Immunity Quest, the Dark Elf merchant next to the White Phial in Windhelm, and some others I'm forgetting at the moment. So by the time you hit level 80, you've heard that voice a lot. It doesn't help make the Ebony Warrior stand out in the impressive way I think they intended him to. At least it didn't for me.

KattSand

Premium Member
That is a huge disappointment, I mean come on, couldn't they at least have tried? I have Marcurio as my permanent follower so yeah, I'm hearing that voice...a lot :D

Hm, one of the many reasons I killed him in Whiterun. He also voices the male Nord player character. But hey, at least it's not as awkward as say, Sven's voice actor voicing him. Now that's a guy who is more sutied to citizen NPCs or the apprentice type characters he voices.