So I just visited the Bethesda Skyrim Forums

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SeaDog

Most of the people whining about the game and it's few glitches, are new players who have never picked up an ES game before. Those of us who have been around since Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind, knew what to expect and know the pattern of the outcome.

These are just new people who have no idea, or appreciation for the series or the level of commitment that it takes to produce a legendary franchise like Elder Scrolls.

BlackRat

Bethesda has issues. yes. Every TES game has things in it that bug me, irritate me, annoy me, scratch my head and say "huh?", laugh at loud at silliness, question continuity etc.

Yes, they do.

Some of their games are deeply flawed, it is ridiculous to say otherwise. However, in my opinion, those flaws are so readily apparent, because they are jarring in what are otherwise STELLAR games. They seem larger than they are, because the game itself is, for the most part, amazing.

and don't get me started on DA2. I loved DA: origins. DA2 wasn't even in the same ballpark. DA origins was an RPG. DA2 was a single player MMO crossed with a JRPG.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I feel pretty bad for Bethesda for some of the crap they have to put up with. Bethesda does have some reputation of glitchy game releases but they don't deserve any childish opinions thrown at them. I assume most of those people aren't very familiar with Bethesda's game. It will be pretty bad in the beginning but the game is still amazing and it will only get better and better.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
When a game is this big, this detailed and all of the thought put into it, there is going to be things wrong with it that they've missed and the developers haven't noticed when testing it out. Most updates are titled "rare" problems, once in a blue moon kinda' things.

Bethesda is a great developer. They make the most intresting games I've played. Congratulations to them, seriously.

On a soppy note, this forum does seem incredibly positive & helpful. A good community. Theres bound to be a few trolls that pop up but just ignore them the best you can. I assume were all mature enough ;).

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I sent Bethesda an email about the texture issue I was having even after the patch. They just sent me an email suggesting to clear my game cache and 360 cache. I did both and sure enough the texturing issue is resolved.

Now that's great customer service.

Bethesda has made it onto my top favorite developers list because of Skyrim. They deserve the kudos and patience in fixing problems.

Corey

Well spoken. It could have been a LOT worse... and quite honestly, I'm doing fine on PS3 with all the bugs, all the quests I've done have worked just fine, if you're a gamer, you're used to lag, and the only real problem that's bothering me IS MY BOOKSHELF STOPPED WORKING OMMMMGGGGGG!!!!

Holy crap my bookshelf doesn't work anymore either!!!! Haha, I'm SO glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Send a email to Bethesda, they will probably get on it if they get a few emails about it. Thats what I love about them, if enough people have a problem, they will get onto fixing it as soon as possible.

Khazrihl

Send a email to Bethesda, they will probably get on it if they get a few emails about it. Thats what I love about them, if enough people have a problem, they will get onto fixing it as soon as possible.

Not only that but Todd Howards said in a few interviews that the team actually lurks forums to see what's going on in the overall community, INCLUDING the modding community.

thecelticlatino

I've never been there, but solely based on your words, I will never tread.

You could if you want a good LOL, especially the Dragon Age 2 forum. Every other day there's a thread whining about how 'bad' it is...six months later. You'd think people would get over the game not being Dragon Age Origins 1.5/2.0/whatever lol. :-D

Onyx

I took care of the troll when I logged in earlier. The best bet is absolutely to just report and ignore. You can feel free to PM me as well. I don't get reporting in general sent to email but I do get PMs sent so if there's a blowup, feel free to let me know that way and if I'm near a computer, I'll take care of it if Renegader isn't already around.

All the in-line responses to the troll won't make sense anyway when I delete the troll posts that are otherwise in valid threads.

Hail Rayven Trollbane!

Oh the irony of creating a thread to complain about people, who complain about the game. LOL! As for the people, I've been on a few skyrim forums, looking around, and this is by far the best forums. Kudos to all!

J747L

I'll try to... uh limit my reply to non-trolls.

But the truth is... I just don't care about trolls. I don't know why. I remember the "don't know if trolling or just stupid." (IIRC) captioned pics everyone's posting.

Maybe I just assume everyone is stupid and not a troll hahaha. I think that's more insulting... no offense to everyone.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
damn trolls ruin alot of good forums. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AZRainman

For being a company owned forum, you'd swear they enlisted moderators from the competition.

In any event, Bethesda's forum is a waste of time unless your anal and cry often.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
Ok guys...what's a troll then? (aside from a source of troll-fat) Judging from the previous posts, it's a person who intentionally provokes others on forum boards?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok guys...what's a troll then? (aside from a source of troll-fat) Judging from the previous posts, it's a person who intentionally provokes others on forum boards?

Trolls are people whose sole point in posting is to be disruptive. People can certainly post provocative ideas and stir debate. If it enhances the forum and is intended to incite interesting and topical conversation, it's not trolling. Some people take the trolling to an art and will actually craft some sort of post that looks meaningful, but when you read it, you realize it's a load of nonsense.

So, the trolling isn't only in the provoking. But it's part of it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Now you know why I left their boards and registered here instead, SeaDog :>