So here's the deal... marriage problems..

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JediSmashley

Alright... so i traveled to Solitude, and met this man named Octieve San... we agreed to get married, so i had to report back to Maramal in Riften to arrange the wedding..

i get there, and they say i am to get married the next day, at dusk....
so i wait at the place till dusk.. when the waiting is over, it says i failed the quest, no one will talk to me, and Lydia is dead on the floor....

....wtf....

Skyrim_Revan

Alright... so i traveled to Solitude, and met this man named Octieve San... we agreed to get married, so i had to report back to Maramal in Riften to arrange the wedding..

so i wait at the place till dusk.. when the waiting is over, it says i failed the quest, no one will talk to me, and Lydia is dead on the floor....

....wtf....
Hilarious!

Ghost town

Lydia is dead on the floor because you got her killed earlier in the game. Although she is dead, she is still an invited guest at your wedding and that is why she gets dropped off at the chapel doorway. Now drag her corpse into the back room and out of sight. (Hold the A button to drag her). Now that she is out of sight, wait a day or two and then apologize to the groom-to-be, then apologize to the priest. The wedding should go without a hitch. (no pun intended)

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold

....wtf....
If you're still having problems with this, I had the exact same.

Try turning up in "fine clothes". If you don't have any, go to Solitude and across from the alch & next to the general store there is a fine clothing shop (theres also a side quest that will allow you to get the clothes free). This worked for me. I had no weapons on me or armour, just the clothes. Lydia, and a few mercenerys kept turning up dead at my wedding. Was quite funny, as Lydia had a lot of my stuff on her when she died :)

Instead of waiting right until dusk, wait till an hour before then just stand there and wait for them to turn up. These are just a few things I did and it worked, having failed it at least three times!!

Tamaryn

I have exactly the same problem. Except its Urgard the Unbroken or something . . .anyway, she shows up dead and everyone is like, "How could you" "Just leave"

I NEVER EVEN killed her, she died when she decided to attack an ice troll while I was stuck in some jagged rock.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts