So.. Do we think there will be another TES?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dallas-Arbiter

Well, I can say this for certain, whatever TES6 will be, they will leave in thousands of deleted references in the Master file, just like with all their games. Also if the trend of dumbing down AKA "Streamlining" continues, I won't buy TES6.

Also, if Todd Howard's Team make Fallout 4, I will NOT buy that either. Bethesda may own the rights to Fallout, but they really don't know how to make a fallout game.

Two Bears

What about mountains? If you "stretch" the whole continent into one large flat pancake it has to be bigger?

Yeah, but the problem is content. I wouldn't want this becoming a kind of TESO thing in single-play mode.

Apologies to TESO fans. I don't mean to disparage your game.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well, I can say this for certain, whatever TES6 will be, they will leave in thousands of deleted references in the Master file, just like with all their games. Also if the trend of dumbing down AKA "Streamlining" continues, I won't buy TES6.

Also, if Todd Howard's Team make Fallout 4, I will NOT buy that either. Bethesda may own the rights to Fallout, but they really don't know how to make a fallout game.

This a 1000 times over.

Two Bears

Daggerfall was around 400K + square miles or so. Which is way larger than any other Elder Scroll game made. Granted, it was all randomly generated but still. :p

Ooh boy, talking to one of the big bosses.

AFAIK, Arena was geographically the largest. The problem was that it took weeks to traverse the terrain, hence the invention of the fast travel system.

Two Bears

Haha well Daggerfall actually had fast travel of sorts but it was implemented a bit cooler. :)

True. Daggerfall featured a lot of that kind of streamlining Daggerfall was where you could see the beginnings of the Elder Scrolls series. After all, Arena was supposed to be a gladiatorial team combat simulator.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Indeed. Daggerfall did a lot of things right. Banks, carriages, expanded towns, money that weighed stuff, bank notes, interesting fast travel, ships you could buy, etc. Ah good old days. I fear for the next ES game.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
It would probably make things feel a whole lot more empty. In Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas everything led to something. What you propose is a return to Arena, which if you played it you may not think it such a great thing. It's currently available for free on the Bethesda website, Check it out and tell me what you think.

But I didn't propose a Return to Arena or make a Game involving all the Provinces. That wasn't me, that was the others. I said that game Using the Whole Land of Tamerial would either be watered down, or take along time to make if All the Provinces are to be full of Content as Skyrim is.

.. I seriously must be talking in circles on this thread. Don't worry I know it's me because no one seems to understand what I'm saying about this.

but anyways, Yes I did play Arena. I played it around 18 years ago.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Skyrim will probably be my last TES game if they dumb the series down any further. Skyrim is great and all but every time they make a new game it's lacking, you would think a series would add more instead of less. What they should do is go back and think what was great about the other games and create a game that has the best of all.

Even Oblivion had better interactions and they used like the same six actors, but at least their conversations would reflect on what you have done and if you're good or bad. Bandits would be friendly to you if you had a high infamy, which I thought was pretty cool.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Final Conflict with the Thalmor perhaps, have a mode to transform into a dragon like werewolf/vampire lord, be able to create a snow elf character, there's many things they can still do that can match Skyrim's success. To top dragons means we may even come toward a war with another Daedric Prince/Mistress, perhaps a war between the mortals and the Daedric Princes/Mistresses as a whole? Some will be neutral like Azura, Peryite, and Meridia while the others will viciously fight us like Clash of the Titans. It can take place 200-500+ years after the events of Skyrim and I hope they put us back in the hero seat like they did in Skyrim. Perhaps add onto the power and shout powers as well. The word walls can still be around or perhaps there will be monoliths or obelisks you must find instead of word walls for certain powers and transformations?

There are plenty of material from the lore and there's always room for new ideas, I am certain there will be a sequel but have no idea when and what it will be about, we just have to wait several more years to see.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
There's a ton of things that could top Dragons, not only the fact that the Dragons could actually now be in any upcoming title.

I see one major thing, that I believe is greater than the Dragons.

The Thalmor versus the Empire. The next title could allow us to fight the Thalmor and either Overthrow them and restore balance to the world, or side with them and destroy the Empire.

Saying that, there's more than one thing to top Dragons. It's Bethesda they're crazy with imagination.

Aniratak

This may sound silly but I picture giant beasts in sort of "balrog"-style.. I saw a youtube film from Arena and I thought I saw something that looked like that.. Made my imagination spin and think about how cool that would be. In that case there can't be too many of them.. Like the dragons. And they have to live deep underground. And should be large, badass and very difficult to kill. Much more difficult then the dragons. This is just me inventing stuff.. Just to make that clear. But I would love it!

Two Bears

Balrog? I smell TES crossover!

TES VI:

20110928152711!Dovahkiin.jpg

vs

char_4908.jpg

Dovahkiin is going to have some great shout combos, but will have to watch for overhead, then standing fierce into ultra. Hopefully Bethesda will do something about unblockables.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
This may sound silly but I picture giant beasts in sort of "balrog"-style.. I saw a youtube film from Arena and I thought I saw something that looked like that.. Made my imagination spin and think about how cool that would be. In that case there can't be too many of them.. Like the dragons. And they have to live deep underground. And should be large, badass and very difficult to kill. Much more difficult then the dragons. This is just me inventing stuff.. Just to make that clear. But I would love it!

was it this thing?

ArenaFireDaemon.gif

Aniratak

was it this thing?

ArenaFireDaemon.gif

Haha! Could be, but it didn't excacly look like that when I saw the clip. It was a still-shot. It was sort of more like a silhuette. It has to be BIG though.. Not draugr-size-like. Haha the fire on his feet makes him look like he's wearing red high-heels.

man.. that face makes him look like a armadillo. Actually. A mix between an armadillo, boar, kangeroo and crocodile.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts