Spoiler So apparently I'm a cannibal now, what benefits does my character receive from eating slain foes?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TickerTocker3

I got home last night from a party really tipsy and started playing Skyrim, somehow in my inebriated state I managed to complete a quest, but my memory is very foggy. Now every time I try to loot someone I killed, it gives me a choice between eating them or robbing their loot. I've eaten a few people but havent really noticed if it does anything, did I miss something important in the questline lastnite during my drunken stupor game session?

Chukkles

I think you must have done the companions quest were you lead the man to the feast.
It only occurs ir your wearing the (Ring I think) that was given to you upon completetion, so take it off and you won't get the option anymore.
It may not be a ring, I can't remember too well.

If this is the case, eating people restores health and give health regeneration.

jam

It's the Daedric quest, "Taste of Death"

Eating people increases your health and your health regeneration. If you get sick of it you can just take of the Ring of Namira.

TickerTocker3

Took the ring off and my health went from 245 back down to my normal 155. Think I just might have to keep telling myself that it taste like chicken, at least until I level up a bit more or find a better ring. i feel invincible with my heavy armor and all this health now, theyr going to have to lock me up like jeffrey Dalhmer to cure my insatiable hunger for human flesh

Speedymotor

what iz up
Whats the best mission to play high? Oh wait...... ALL of them are the best to play high! Hehehehehheheheh

UESPwiki strongly recommends completing the Taste Of Death and not killing the whole dinner party because it ruins other quests. Still, I have yet to follow that advice...

Neriad13

Premium Member
Whats the best mission to play high? Oh wait...... ALL of them are the best to play high! Hehehehehheheheh

I'd actually go with "The Mind of Madness." "Waking Nightmare" is a pretty good choice too.

locomoto

Life is the only thing worth living for
I haven't smoked for a while but whenever I see one of those beautiful auroras in the night sky I wish I had some mj on me:D

Leigull

After you've recently eaten some human flesh, you get guards and other folk telling you your breath stinks! I used Eola from that mission as a follower for a while, she was pretty handy. Until Alduin killed her :sadface:

Niflheimr

Maybe you're still drunk and didn't realize that you are playing Fallout 3.
I played Skyrim while drunk yesterday, never again! There was a dungeon where I have to get the 2nd Amulet to complete the full set of 3 amulets that give you 30+ to health stamina and magica and I wasted an hour searching for the switch for one of the wooden bridges in a dungeon.

First time I realize you can eat others in Skyrim, pretty neat!

Edit: I also found out that I married Muiri :/

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I got home last night from a party really tipsy and started playing Skyrim, somehow in my inebriated state I managed to complete a quest, but my memory is very foggy. Now every time I try to loot someone I killed, it gives me a choice between eating them or robbing their loot. I've eaten a few people but havent really noticed if it does anything, did I miss something important in the questline lastnite during my drunken stupor game session?

This post made me laugh so much. You being drunk and not knowing how you became a cannibal :D

Speedymotor

what iz up
I'd actually go with "The Mind of Madness." "Waking Nightmare" is a pretty good choice too.
Is the waking nightmare the mission where you find a wizard in markarth and he leads you to a dungeon where there are orcs and preists to the daedric princess of nightmares and theyre all asleep from sleeping gas?

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Is the waking nightmare the mission where you find a wizard in markarth and he leads you to a dungeon where there are orcs and preists to the daedric princess of nightmares and theyre all asleep from sleeping gas?

It starts w/ the mission where you investigate the hall of the dead in Markarth.

Neriad13

Premium Member
It starts w/ the mission where you investigate the hall of the dead in Markarth.

Actually "Waking Nightmare" starts in Dawnstar, either by talking to a priest there or the Jarl. The quest that turns you into a cannibal is the one in Markarth.