• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
wear some armour? ;)

High level Falmer are bloody strong. I'd take a lone Centurion anyday over 3 Falmer ganking me.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Yeah, what armor are you wearing?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Falmer use poisoned weapons. Your armor wont help you with poison damage unless it has a Resist Poison enchantment on it. :D

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Falmer use poisoned weapons. Your armor wont help you with poison damage unless it has a Resist Poison enchantment on it. :D
Y'know, It takes a deadly poison to do 50 damage. But 50 plus(about) 50 or more damage from the bow is 100 plus damage. The higher the Falmer level, the more "perks" a falmer has.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Falmer are by far my favourite enemy & I love hunting them down. I always use sneak and using a decent bow with enchantments, I take my time when I'm hunting them & have yet to experience the kind of problems you are experiencing. It's hard to give advice without knowing what weapon you are using & what perks you may have.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
With 100 sneak + muffle, I can basically sit around the camp fire with a Falmer tribe, have some food, listen to a song or two... Then systematically slit all their throats.

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
This is going to sound crazy, but I'm not wearing any armor, I have no poison resistance, and I'm on master difficulty. :)

I know what the limitations are. ha. It's more just a rant on how annoying it is. I can usually take someone smacking me with an axe one or two times, Magic has virtually no effect, but one of the weakest weapons in the game is capable of downing me in one shot from a loooooooooong way away.

This still happens on adept too. I have 200 health.

I might be wrong, but:

Falmer bow, the supple one, has a base damage of 15 + the arrows damage of 7. At 100 skill level you can double those for a maximum non-critical damage of 44. For fun we could say that it is smithed up to legendary, so add +10 to make it 54. Perked out it would have a 15% Chance to do 25% more damage, making it AT MOST +14ish to 68 Damage on a critical hit.

So at which point does every arrow get a 132 point damage health effect?

Bandits with the lowest level bow can do the same thing.
Draugr can too.

On adept the damage skew is non-existant. 50/50, so the stats should be reflected accurately.

It's really not a big deal, just an interesting discussion.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Falmer bow, the supple one, has a base damage of 15 + the arrows damage of 7. At 100 skill level you can double those for a maximum non-critical damage of 44. For fun we could say that it is smithed up to legendary, so add +10 to make it 54. Perked out it would have a 15% Chance to do 25% more damage, making it AT MOST +14ish to 68 Damage on a critical hit.
That's not how weapon damage is calculated. The simple formula is base damage * (1 + skill/200) * Overdraw damage multiplier + arrow damage. Critical damage multipliers only apply to the base damage of a weapon.

Falmer don't have Archery perks (tested on Falmer and Falmer Gloomlurker using hasperk console command) and the Archery skill of a Falmer Gloomlurker is 57. With a Falmer Bow the bow damage would by 15-16 depending on whether the value gets rounded down or up and another 7 for the Falmer Arrow for a total max of 23 damage. This is all premised on the assumption that weapon damage is calculated the same way for players and NPCs but I suspect that it is not.

Hits from the above Falmer with physical damage resistance capped at 80% and settings at master difficulty resulted in consistent damage of 62 per shot. If NPCs calculated weapon damage the same as players then the physical damage would under these conditions would be 9-10 so unless level 22 Falmers get a 52 point poison damage bonus (doubtful put possible since Virulent Poison does 50 damage) then NPC weapon damage may be using a different damage equation much like NPC armor rating does (for NPCs one of the armor rating multipliers is 3.75 times greater than it is for players). I'll try and test damage from NPCs that don't use poison this weekend and see what the results are.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Thank you for the answer. So, depending on his level, the falmer can deal up to 77 damage. Who knows, it could very well be that they can do insta-kills like the player can.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
For blind little bastards they own with a bow, but I agree with xSuoiveDx they are fun to hunt they give you a challenge and I like when my foe puts up a good fight, when I fight a good foe I give him courage and heal them if their health falls too low, nothing better than a good fight. Maybe you should wear armour and they won't kill you so quickly. Or kill them first.

Though I find when facing someone shooting arrows at you, when you have no armour perhaps you should try dodging the arrows, I mean you can see them coming at you, just need good reflexes at a distance, no point standing still when someone is shooting at you.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Last night I took my level 25 character equipped with an Elven Bow with only a Soul Trap Enchantment on it & wearing Leather Armor with no Enchantments & did the Discerning The Transmundane Quest.
I'd admit it was a challenge and the only time I nearly died was when I was jumped by 3 of them when I slipped off the edge but it was fun pitting my character against the Falmer & the Dwarven Centurion Masters using Stealth & a weak Bow with Iron Arrows.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Whatever the default setting was, Adept I think.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts