• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xiinzii

So guys as you know we see that the falmar are actually snow elves?
So on this subject I would like to see your thoughts in if bethesda studios should focus on a story about them and also some gameplay about the dwarves would be good too!

Hope to see some good comments

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
there is some rumours that the last 2 dlc for skyrim will be

1. something about the snow elves and the companions

2. a new high king and thalmor dlc.

i would much rather fight the thalmor lol. but yea back to topic it would be good to see some snow elves in a dlc maybe show a survivng village of snow elves or something and delve more into how they became falmer and if there will ever be a cure. i think they should defo do something with the snow elves. and the dwarves would be amazing not to sure when bethseda will ever feature them. if at all but i would love that.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I'd love a snow elf and/or dwemer DLC. A thing to note; falmer does not specifically refer to the enemy form we see in game, it can also refer to the snow elves of yesterday, who were decidedly less creepy and evil.

falmer =/= evil

snow elf =/= good

falmer = snow elf

Xiinzii

there is some rumours that the last 2 dlc for skyrim will be

1. something about the snow elves and the companions

2. a new high king and thalmor dlc.

i would much rather fight the thalmor lol. but yea back to topic it would be good to see some snow elves in a dlc maybe show a survivng village of snow elves or something and delve more into how they became falmer and if there will ever be a cure. i think they should defo do something with the snow elves. and the dwarves would be amazing not to sure when bethseda will ever feature them. if at all but i would love that.

That sounds promising. I will have to delve deeper into that and share some links ^^

Xiinzii

I'd love a snow elf and/or dwemer DLC. A thing to note; falmer does not specifically refer to the enemy form we see in game, it can also refer to the snow elves of yesterday, who were decidedly less creepy and evil.

falmer =/= evil

snow elf =/= good

falmer = snow elf

When I fist fought the calmer to be quite honest I crapped myself xD but yeah your theory sounds true and have you seen the snow elf statue yet where you get the left and right eye of the falmer via the thieves guild quest line?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
The Falmer basically devolved from society. That's why they seem barbaric and hostile. When they were driven out and forced into caves and whatnot, they were essentially cut off from the outside world. I'd like to see how that occurred in this DLC.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
It won't be long now until a dedicated DLC for the Dwemer and the Falmer/Snow Elves comes out, in that Skyrim was the main hub for the Snow Elves and that there is a large underground network of Dwemer cites that interconnect with each other from across the map. I could see them extending the Companions storyline to cater to the new content.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
When I fist fought the calmer to be quite honest I crapped myself xD but yeah your theory sounds true and have you seen the snow elf statue yet where you get the left and right eye of the falmer via the thieves guild quest line?

That's no theory, that's truth. I mean, I have PLENTY of theories, but this is established lore. Fal = snow mer = elf, it's just if you're using their elvish name or not.

The Falmer basically devolved from society. That's why they seem barbaric and hostile. When they were driven out and forced into caves and whatnot, they were essentially cut off from the outside world. I'd like to see how that occurred in this DLC.

The falmer were prosperous in Skyrim and then the nords arrived. They kept arriving so the falmer decided to wipe them out before their lands became contested. This made Saarthal the ruin it is today. The nords warred back and kept beating the falmer until they were all driven back to Solestheim. There the falmer suffered their last defeat. Some falmer chose to seek shelter underground with the dwemer. The conditions were that they eat a mushroom that would blind them. After the falmer were blinded the dwemer betrayed and enslaved them. This gives present day falmer the title "the betrayed". The falmer de-evolved underground and were left to roam free after then dwemer's disappearance.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

falmer =/= evil

snow elf =/= good

falmer = snow elf

Yes, but the generalized term for the skulking eyeless assholes in caves is Falmer. Falmer does mean Snow Elf, but the term has changed to simply mean the "Falmer" seen in Skyrim, not the proper Elves themselves.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

In what way is it a theory? What Haru17 said is true. It's proven. Look on the wiki.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Yes, but the generalized term for the skulking eyeless assholes in caves is Falmer. Falmer does mean Snow Elf, but the term has changed to simply mean the "Falmer" seen in Skyrim, not the proper Elves themselves.

This is only the players' response to the enemies being named "Falmer" or "Falmer Skulker" in game. Even the nords call them snow elves. Falmer is a more scholarly or accurate word for snow elves.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
So guys as you know we see that the falmar are actually snow elves?
So on this subject I would like to see your thoughts in if bethesda studios should focus on a story about them and also some gameplay about the dwarves would be good too!

Hope to see some good comments

This is my opinion on a Snow Elf DLC.

please understand that I like Snow Elves/Falmer in their original state, but I'm just seeing it how it's given to me:

An Opinion on a Snow Elf DLC | Skyrim Forums

I also have to say I have no Trust in the "Oh I know something new" stuff that comes out on the Web. There is always some little thing they get right, but its never because of inside info. It's always because it was an interesting Idea that Bethesda already thought of long ago. Besides that, everything they say is utter crap.. and has proven to be utter crap.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
please understand that I like Snow Elves/Falmer in their original state, but I'm just seeing it how it's given to me.

I agree. You can't have blind playable falmer.

And LL Harc, spoiler tag your post please. [spoiler content [/spoiler (with brackets at the end of spoiler)