• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KiLaNsTinK

Im new to skyrim btw im absolutely loving this game. Its killing me to be at work all week!!!

Can you level up your sneaking by the just walking around sneaking OR does an enemy have to be near by?

Thanks!

Titanburner

Premium Member
Im new to skyrim btw im absolutely loving this game. Its killing me to be at work all week!!!

Can you level up your sneaking by the just walking around sneaking OR does an enemy have to be near by?

Thanks!
In order to level up sneaking there needs to be some type of NPC around so detection rolls can constantly be going on in the gaming mechanics (IE: Sneaking while someone is sleeping). Whether you're moving quickly or slowly is going to effect how strong your roll is vs theirs (Unless you have the appropriate perk of course). If you're nowhere near an NPC then the roll cant happen, thus you don't get any better at Sneaking. Hope I explained that well enough.

Onyx

A person/beast has to be near by BUT they do not need to be hostile. You can sneak around friendly NPC's and increase your skill. You just need to sneak within a certain distance of people/creatures without being seen.

That being said you get a MASSIVE skill increase if you perform a sneak attack on an enemy using a melee weapon.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts