• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sothe Zephyr

For my new character I have been making a wide spread sneak type mage.

Now he is not dependant on sneaking. So when it comes to face to face combat.......iv noticed his light armour is not helping too much

Question is: Might it be possible to have heavy armour not hinder sneaking capabilities?

As long as you cast muffle/get the muffle enchantment by blind luck and use that or take the silence perk in sneak you should be fine with heavy armour but once you get illusion up and running you shouldn't be getting hit much anyway.

What I do is cast muffle as often as possible just to raise illusion fast. Level 50 for silent casting perk and level 65 to be able to buy the invisibility spell being the targets. Silent casting plus muffle plus invisibility = sneaking killing machine even at level 15 sneak.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
Have you completed the Thieves Guild questline? If so use the guildmaster armor. It's a huge advantage for sneaking. Also, the plain old thieves guild armor will help. Also, if you get the light armor perk where you get a bonus for wearing complete sets, that will raise your armor rating if that's what you mean when you say "not helping too much"

Hope this helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts