• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
muffle is noise (armour, how fast your moving)
sneak is visual (enemy LOS, lighting)

these 2 together affect whether enemy will know your there. You can only get damage multiplier by crouching though.

An oppoennt that is blind or with back turned to you will not know your coming if your 100% muffled. If your not in anyones LOS it doesnt matter what the lighting is

Knocking items to the ground, dogs, companions can give away that your there no matter how good your sneak/muffle is.

Muffle boots = 50% muffle so to be completely silent you need another 50% from spells, potions or perks.
I got all the perks on sneak.
So If i use Muffle enchantment, will I get 100%?

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
there are 2 muffle perks on sneak. Each gives 50%. So if you get 2nd one you dont need anything more
Alright, I'll check it out, I hope you're right :/

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Is that right? So if I fill my sneak tree, I'm at 100% muffle without any muffle enchantment on my gear?

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Is that right? So if I fill my sneak tree, I'm at 100% muffle without any muffle enchantment on my gear?
I actually saw my sneak tree and the perk "Muffled Movement" I think is probably equivalent to the Muffle enhantment on your boots. So my guess is if that you have both, you have 100% Muffled movement.

dbukalski

muffle perk = 50% silence
Muffle enchantment= 50% silence

Silence is the higher level perk that gives 100% silence at which point you dont need any enchantments and it doesnt matter what kind of armour your wearing

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
muffle perk = 50% silence
Muffle enchantment= 50% silence

Silence is the higher level perk that gives 100% silence at which point you dont need any enchantments and it doesnt matter what kind of armour your wearing
So basically Sneak people that have sneak % and muffle enchantments are just wasting their enchantment space?

dbukalski

No...sneak affects visually whether NPCs see you. And with +100% sneak if I got right up close to the braziers at whiterun exit doors the guard would be able to see me.

Muffle affects sound whether NPCs hear you. And whether it was wasted space depends on whether they had 1 or 2 perks in sneak tree.

Sneak and muffle are both related to a stealth character but their quite seperate. A sleeping or npc with their back to me has no need for me to sneak on them. If Im 100% muffled I do not need to crouch at all and they will be completely unaware Im there.

I only need to crouch if Im in NPC LOS or want backstab multiplier

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
No...sneak affects visually whether NPCs see you. And with +100% sneak if I got right up close to the braziers at whiterun exit doors the guard would be able to see me.

Muffle affects sound whether NPCs hear you. And whether it was wasted space depends on whether they had 1 or 2 perks in sneak tree.

Sneak and muffle are both related to a stealth character but their quite seperate. A sleeping or npc with their back to me has no need for me to sneak on them. If Im 100% muffled I do not need to crouch at all and they will be completely unaware Im there.

I only need to crouch if Im in NPC LOS or want backstab multiplier
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I think my best bet is sneak %, because I'm so used to crouching.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
1 muffle enchantment is more important than 1 sneak enchantment
The thing is that I don't get too close because I mainly use bows.
So basically I am kind of far away.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts