Sneak Levels Up Too Easily?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JDizzle

So I've just started a new character, and what I do with all my characters so far is go from Helgen to Riverwood to Bleak Falls Barrow to do the Golden Claw quest. I started with an orc and in this short space of time my sneak has already levelled up to 40! I have the warrior stone activated so this isn't giving it a boost, also I'm set on Master so things won't be levelling up easier. Has anyone else notice sneak level up surprisingly easily?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I dunno, if you sneak all the time, it will rise up pretty fast but it will slow down once you reach higher skill level especially if you don't utilize sneak attacks. If you don't want to specialize in sneak, then don't sneak! That's all I can say :]

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Yeah. My friend was all "oooh, your sneak is so high, it must be easy," and then when he was trying to level it himself, he was like, "How is your sneak so high!?!" Haha. Told him obviously I sneak damn near everywhere I go, and for reason. :)

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
It's all a matter of how much you use it. When one player is looking at any other players character it's easy to say "Wow your [skill] is so high!" and the second wouldn't even think about it because that is what they use. If you're not one you should seriously consider being a stealth type character lol. This game is made to build up the skills you feel most comfortable using.

J747L

I'll have to admit, I exploited that pretty early in the game. After escaping the execution intro, I came across a cave. There, I managed to kill one bandit and left the other alive. I moved my character as close as I can to the remaining bandit and had my character face a wall. I jammed my controller to move forward, thus my character is sneaking but not exactly moving since the wall is blocking him.

I left my controller that way since I had some work to do. When I came back... sneak leveled up, can't remember how many levels I made before I got bored and decided it was enough.

JDizzle

@ Deathhand: Yeah I guess I was sneak constantly for bow sneak attacks, still I didn't expect it to level up like that!

@ Ebony Knight: Don't worry I am a stealth character. This is my first proper shot at an assassin.

SeaDog

According to the UESP wiki, sneak only works when you're sneaking around someone. So, just sneaking around in the forest with no one else around doesn't work. But, yeah. Sneaking everywhere is slow as bahlls. But it will level up quick over time.

Valvor

This could play a negative role, mostly if you are not placing perks into sneak, then the only thing it is going to do is place you farther behind the food chain.

What about sneaking in the wild when hunting deer/elk or to line up an ambush on some wolves? Does it increase your sneak if you're doing that or is it only when other people are involved?

Onyx

Sneak Attacked (Dagger/Melee) increase your sneak skill ALOT! In the start I was getting a lvl of sneak for every sneak attack (up until 30 I think or so)

brandon

I'll have to admit, I exploited that pretty early in the game. After escaping the execution intro, I came across a cave. There, I managed to kill one bandit and left the other alive. I moved my character as close as I can to the remaining bandit and had my character face a wall. I jammed my controller to move forward, thus my character is sneaking but not exactly moving since the wall is blocking him.

I left my controller that way since I had some work to do. When I came back... sneak leveled up, can't remember how many levels I made before I got bored and decided it was enough.
haha im not the only one i learned that trick from oblivion. i just use a rubber band and i did it when i found the bear sleeping during the escape from helgen. when i got done playing with my kids it was already up to almost 60

jbillybrack

sneak attacking allies in the helgen dungeon got me to like level 30 sneak from 15 as redguard. attacked the torturer (i think), and he says "I'm on your side" or "watch it." Hit him must have been 50 times, leveled that and onehanded a lot before leaving first dungeon.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Yep, defiantly easy to level. My sneak is at 100 and I just started playing last week. :p I guess I'm fit as an assassin huh?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts