• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
I just wanted to start a thread to help people who are just making a thief or assassin character.

One tip that i'll share is to use the Slow Time shout when attempting to assassinate two people that are standing directly next to each other, as time is so slow that most of the time they won't notice you killing their buddy. Also, Illusion is a magic school that can help any type of sneak-oriented character, whether it's making your enemies flee or making you invisible.

Any tips from Master Assassins, i'm far from one :p, would be much appreciated. :D

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
Well if you wanna just destroy them use the gloves from the dark brotherhood for the double sneak bonus. Daggers go to 30x damage with the proper skill points spent. And I like to be a vampire with thieves because vampires get an extra 25% harder to detect that adds to the first perk in the sneak star chart. And soon you will find followers kinda hinder you when they just charge into a room and blow your cover. Also I would suggest get mehrune's razor cause it deals okay damage and the insta kill chance helps if you fail to kill everyone in the room with sneak attacks. If your really feeling like trolling them all max pick pocket as well and steal their equipped weapons before you start killing them all. Makes it really funny even if you don't get the 30x damage

ShadowGambit

Take a little look at Alteration also

Detect Life is also pretty useful. Always good to know where are the others.​
Paralyze is also good, but uses some good chunk of mana. That helps your sneaking and pickpocketing. And as Paralyze is not an attack, it will not trigger an attack from your target when the Paralyze spell wore off.​
All in all, some spell in alteration are worth looking at for a thief/assassin build.

That said, illusion has to go before alteration if you have to choose.
Quiet Casting is a must, as it affect ALL SPELLS, not only illusion one.​
Invisibility the best not to be detected by sight.​
Muffle spell/enchantment are different from the muffled movement perk. They are better. They are like the Silence perk. they provide 100% noise absorption. Yes, even in Heavy Armor.​
So with Invisibility and Muffle spells, you nearly don't need Sneak skills, outside of the damage multiplier perks.​
And lastly, Pacify/Frenzy are life-saver when you are surrounded by numerous hostile.​

ShadowGambit

LordofMathuselah, I don't understand why you don't get the x30 multiplier if you SUCESSFULLY pickpocket your target equipment. You should still be undetected, so the multipliers should apply.

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
I'm saying if you pickpocket a whole room of enemies and one or two manage to catch on that their friends list on facebook is shrinking at an alarming rate and on that one day of the century that they manage to spot you in the middle of a pillar of light that you could hide in from most of the enemies in game.

sahqonsah

I would say don't underestimate alchemy. Powerful invisibility potions can be made fairly easy, and those poisons can help take down the tougher guys when detected. Paralyse potions can also be made their use goes without saying.

Skarv

Well, always have a Bow and Daggers, at least when you play on Master like most people do including myself. Oh yeah and Alchemy, as Sahqonsah said don't underestimate it, it is really powerful. If you need more help I HIGHLY suggest to check out SEPHxxFORxxLIFE on youtube

ShadowGambit

yes, alchemy also. I always carry around a lot of marksman potions +147%. That more than double your damage output with a bow... and with a dagger also... and with any other weapon because there is a glitch with that potion.

Intended to be use only with bows, it seems to work with all weapons...

I rarely use poison though... I don't have to.

Ryokozan

detect life can be replaced with the aura whisper shout which does the same thing but doesnt waste perks or points put into magicka

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts