smithing to dragon armour

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

is there an advantage of going down the right side of the path which requires 4 perks to get to dragon armour instead of taking the shorter 3 perks left side to dragon armour?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
weapons on right side are significantly better. also i think daedric armor>dragon armor
The weapons on the right side are not significantly better when you compare them after they are improved by smithing. The difference in damage between a Legendary Daedric weapon and a Legendary Glass weapon is less than 10%. In addition there are unique light weapons like Chillrend, which is a Glass sword, that have a base damage at Legendary status that exceeds that of a Legendary Daedric sword

The armor provides better base protection on the Heavy Armor side but since the damage reduction from armor rating is hard-capped at 80%, and you can reach the hardcap quite easily for many light armors if you have 100 Smithing skill and Fortify Smithing gear, the higher default armor rating from heavy armor and for Daedric over Dragonplate ultimately becomes irrelevant.

In the end it's only relevant to your aesthetic preferences, and your playstyle. If you are going to play a stealth type character, heavy armor makes more noise increasing your chances of being detected while sneaking.

is there an advantage of going down the right side of the path which requires 4 perks to get to dragon armour instead of taking the shorter 3 perks left side to dragon armour?
It depends what you want to do, if you are a sneaky character then the light armour is well worth investing in. As a word of advice, i found the dragon armour perk a waste of time as the dragon armour doesn't look that great and i think daedric/glass is better anyways! So yeah its really up to your play style on which side you take and their is no real advantage except for the 1 less perk as the advantages/disadvantages really cancel themselves out.

dbukalski

It depends what you want to do, if you are a sneaky character then the light armour is well worth investing in. As a word of advice, i found the dragon armour perk a waste of time as the dragon armour doesn't look that great and i think daedric/glass is better anyways! So yeah its really up to your play style on which side you take and their is no real advantage except for the 1 less perk as the advantages/disadvantages really cancel themselves out.

what makes daedric/glass better?

Daedric for heavy armour has higher stats than dragon plate (heavy dragon armour). Also since the armour cap is like 570 or something which is 80 percent damage reduction, once your total armour reaches over that mark there is no difference in armour 'quality' as the damage reduction is the same. I think glass is better than dragon scale armour as its aesthetically more pleasing (so is daedric btw)

dbukalski

Daedric for heavy armour has higher stats than dragon plate (heavy dragon armour). Also since the armour cap is like 570 or something which is 80 percent damage reduction, once your total armour reaches over that mark there is no difference in armour 'quality' as the damage reduction is the same. I think glass is better than dragon scale armour as its aesthetically more pleasing (so is daedric btw)

how is 570 armour 80% damage reduction?

it sounds like people reach that armour max easy enough. Should my armour focus start to shift also towards abilities. like armour that replenishes magicka or whatever? where can I find a list of the better armours?

how is 570 armour 80% damage reduction?

it sounds like people reach that armour max easy enough. Should my armour focus start to shift also towards abilities. like armour that replenishes magicka or whatever? where can I find a list of the better armours?
The developers of Skyrim set the max damage reduction you can receive from armour to be 80 percent. The value of max armour that causes this just happens to be 570 (cant really explain it any better). With enchanted armour (like armour that increases magicka), its not really essential until higher levels but definetely desirable. You can either enchant your armour at an enchanting table or buy the armour from a black smith or general store. As you level up you will find better armour available for purchase! For a list of better armours, just find a list of all the enchantments and then you can sort of picture how it would apply to your armour

are people achieving this 80% with light armour too or heavy armour?
You can achieve this 80 percent with both heavy and light
For light they do but i think only with high end light armours such as elven and glass. Lower tier light armours will struggle!
and for Heavy i think its steel and up

so whats the advantage of heavy armours if you can max out on light, which has noise, speed benefits?
until you get 100 smithing and smith enhancing armour/ potions, it can be very hard to max out your light armour. Heavy armour is good based both on its initial better defence values making it easier to get to the max damage reduction as well as for aesthetic value! Also perks can reduce the heavy armour's noise and speed reduction

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts