• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lamesuperhero

Since the patch it's almost impossible to effectively train smithing without spending thousands of gold pieces for just a few levels, all the guides i've seen are either outdated or don't work.

Does anyone have an effective yet quite cheap way to level smithing seeing as iron daggers gives you virtually no xp now days?

Necromis

basically it has changed to value now, vs just number of items. So until you can get to dwarven it is best to do jewlry or leather. I say leather because if you kill wolves you don't actually have to invest any money to craft the items even though they are not expensive. Thus you just hunt wolves and other pelt/hide giving animals including deer and smith the most expensive leather items you can. Otherwise you just have to smith yourself items till you can make dwarven and then use the dweamor ruins to collect your dwarven metal.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Crafting jewelry will give you the biggest skill boosts. You can convert iron ore into silver and gold ore with the Transmute spell. There's a spell tome for it located at Halted Stream Camp (it's not sold by spell traders). There are also several iron ore veins there as well as pick axes to mine out the ore.

You'll want a stash of silver ingots because at lower levels most of the jewels you find can only be crafted into silver jewelry. I usually stand by the barrels at War Maidens when I transmute iron or to silver and store each piece of silver ore in one of the barrels after casting (otherwise the transmute spell will automatically transmute any silver ore you have in your inventory to gold ore the next time you cast it) and then take a pile of silver ore over to the smelter to make the ingots.

When you don't have any jewels you can just make plain gold rings.

Selling the jewelry is also a decent way to get money and level your Speech skill. Since you net a profit you can also buy all the iron ore any blacksmith or general goods trader has in their inventory to ensure you always have a steady supply of iron ore when you run out of iron ore veins to mine.

Chryss

add some petty, lesser or common soul gems and you also raise enchanting. You will be able to sell the rings and necklaces for more money.
Walking around with a pick axe became normal even in caves. I successfully got to 100 smithing and 100 enchanting without spending alot of coin. The best armor to make and sell is the Orkish, valued at 1k once you get that far up the tree.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts